10-04-2012 05:03 PM
31 12
tools
    Didn't HTC said they sold the most Windows Phone out of every manufacturer? Why would they lie.
    HTC is including their Windows Mobile devices, (which date prior to the iPhone) as well as the 7 or so pre-Nodo devices they released before the Lumia line came out. If you don't count Windows Mobile Nokia handed their asses in just 7 months.
    10-04-2012 01:02 PM
    So launch Windows Phone devices now don't count? I guess the two Optimus 7 that I own don't exist.

And even if Nokia ROFLSTOMP every other manufacturer on the US with just the Lumia 900 on AT&T ( an extreme example), that doesn't mean much when they are competing with the Iphone 5 and Galaxy S3. Which had sold milions of copies and all avaiable in all big name carriers now.
    10-04-2012 01:28 PM
    Exclusivity deals are attractive for handset makers such as Nokia because they essentially guarantee a large marketing push from the carrier.

source
    I read this quote and my first question is: Why are handsets makers relying upon carriers to advertise their products. Why can't they advertise their own product. Apple doesn't rely upon carriers to advertise for them. If I remember back in 2007 Apple created and funded their own ad campaigns. Can you imagine what it would look like if AT&T created an iPhone ad?

Does this only work for cash strapped companies

Remember early this year when AT&T / Nokia promised the biggest launch ever...including the iPhone
    AT&T promises biggest launch ever for Lumia 900

So AT&T will have the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, the new HTC One X, LG quad-core Optimus, Sony's James Bond Xperia TL and Nokia is supposed to somehow overcome this? I'm doubtful.

Take Q2 this year. AT&T sold 5.1million smartphones, 71% of those sales were to iPhones so all of the other smartphones were fighting for scraps in Q2 and whats supposed to really change with the all-new-cool-hipster iPhone 5?

Am I the only person who thinks there is something unrealistic about Nokia's expectations?
    Last edited by andrelamont; 10-04-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    10-04-2012 02:37 PM
    HTC indeed has a larger share of the US WP market, to date, than Nokia. If they're the high end exclusive phone on Verizon and T-Mobile, as well as a competitive option on AT&T, there's no reason they cannot continue that winning streak.
    10-04-2012 02:50 PM
    I thought this thread was about the CYAN color being confirmed? How'd we get so deep in this carrier exclusivity hole?

In regards to the confirmed availability of the Cyan color for the 920, being a Cyan 900 owner, I had already started deciding between the red and yellow. I love/loved the cyan color, but Im sort of ready for a change. The flat finish on it was gorgeous, but it quickly began to absorb oil from my fingers and now has this glossed look.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express
    10-04-2012 03:15 PM
    No matte finish.

No care.
    10-04-2012 05:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD