Acer Iconia...Nice...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am running WP8's last consumer build on an Acer Iconia W, and the hardware is... ummm... "low end." Including not having enough sensitivity at the edges of the screen to consistently trigger the charms bar. I hope they've improved.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am running WP8's last consumer build on an Acer Iconia W, and the hardware is... ummm... "low end." Including not having enough sensitivity at the edges of the screen to consistently trigger the charms bar. I hope they've improved.

you mean Windows 8? not wp8? and by the Acer Aspire S7. well that is sexy device

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Including the dock and keyboard in the price is a good move. I wish more manufacturers would do that. Lets face it, 80% of people who are going to buy a Windows 8 tab are going to want to do some sort of productivity on it and want a keyboard and/or mouse. I mean, that is one of the main reasons to go Windows 8 over iOS or Android. So why not just include the dock that most of your customers are going to want in the price of your device, even if it does raise the MSRP? It would certainly make comparison shopping easier as you wouldn't have to add the price of a bunch of different tablet and dock combos to compare prices of different machines.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Iconia W700 looks like a POS. That dock is a real turd. Now I know why Acer was so mad at Microsoft for announcing a Surface tablet, cause it makes their stuff look like pure rubbish. The Iconia W700 is the exact reason the Surface exists! Stop making chinsy rubbish and Microsoft will stop making hardware!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Heh just made some comments about this one on tablet part of the forums.

When it comes to price, build and looks on full/X86 Windows 8 tablets, this is actually imo one of the best out there. If i remember right this was priced at $799 with that dock. That's very good compared to many other X86 i3/i5 tablets.

Though this tablet is fail, and only because of that horrible dock. No idea what was in their mind. If this had detachable keyboard i would buy it. Now it has no option for it as the connectors are on the side, not on the bottom.

C'mon Acer.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
More intrested in the surface and the asus and samsung tablets. The hp envy looks good too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6