Leaked Nokia 'Atlas' for Verizon (820 variant)

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The shape looks like a lower-end phone to me. Maybe because it reminds me of the 710. Aesthetically, I like 810 > 820 > Atlas.

Glad Verizon is getting SOME Nokia phone, but disappointed that AT&T is the only one getting the 920 so far.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It does look cheap. I was hoping for that nice squared look all the other phones were getting. Unless it's packing some sweet features I'm feeling pretty let down. It looks just like every other android phone on Verizon's shelf.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it up a bit. Looks much more better now.

Untitled-2.jpg

Carrier branding has got to be the worst and most redundant idea ever.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Without the squared edges, it's nothing more then just another phone aesthetically, but the logo is still hideous. If it has removable covers then it does look as if the cover extends to the front where the logo is so maybe an unmarked case is possible.

Edit: I did just notice that the bottom does look quite similar to the HTC trophy, maybe they got with HTC and swapped designs.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
To me it looks like an amalgam of Lumia 610 and 710 designs.

EDIT: I definitely see it. It's like 710 and 610 did the nasty and 822 is the fruit of that hot Nokia-on-Nokia action:

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
From the recesses of my personal mind. Frankly, I don't care what it looks like. It is going to get covered up with a case anyways. I'm much more interested in what's inside. That is what counts. I'll leave the aestheics to the fashion police.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I, too, wish the corners were more squared off. If they were to put an HD screen on it, which is highly unlikely, I'd consider this over the 8X to get the exclusive Nokia apps and have a slightly smaller phone. I almost never use the camera on my phone so losing PureView wouldn't bother me nearly as much as it would affect others. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Verizon officially announces before I make up my mind.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Another factor that may steer me to this phone would be the off contract price. As Scout just mentioned, the exclusive Nokia apps is a big component in my choice. So if it's at a decent price, with no 920 features, I may get it, as this may well be the only Nokia option we'll get on Verizon. Still, though, I have time to spare so I am in no hurry to make a decision.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll skip this one. If I'm going to upgrade, I at least want a higher-res display than I have now. And that Verizon logo placement is...unfortunate. Why not put it on top like AT&T and T-Mo versions? I'll wait to see if Nokia has a better Verizon offering up their sleeve. And if not, well, I figure I've lived without Nokia apps for this long. I can do without them.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, what kinda bums me out for the Verizon customer base is that if you put spec VS spec of this and the 8X, neither is a runaway winner (I am assuming this is similar to the 820. Still to be announced goodies in this to be seen). I still believe a Flagship Nokia will come to Big Red, but that doesn't help the potential WP customer base now.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Another factor that may steer me to this phone would be the off contract price. As Scout just mentioned, the exclusive Nokia apps is a big component in my choice. So if it's at a decent price, with no 920 features, I may get it, as this may well be the only Nokia option we'll get on Verizon. Still, though, I have time to spare so I am in no hurry to make a decision.

The off-contract price will be a deciding factor for me as well. I'll have 11 months to wait until I'm eligible for an upgrade by the time these devices are released (unless I steal my dad's upgrade in February). Considering the fact that the 820/810/822 have the same processor and amount of RAM as the 920, the user experience will still be very comparable. I guess I'll make my decision once Verizon lays all of their cards on the table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo