another hint for verizon 9XX

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a twitter account but I feel like making one just to tell that nokiapureview guy he's full of ****.

I already called bluffs on him... all he said was "sorry". Moving on. Mr MacPhisto feels very confident in his source though. It's all about the wait and see though right :D.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
MacPhisto is equally full of ****. This site has turned stupid lately.
Okay, at this point you need to keep that pick-fight, insulting snot to yourself. Seriously, this is a forum on PHONES. We get it you do not believe. I have been saying since early on Nokia will have a 920 on Verizon soon. (I posted and believe the Phone Arena roadmap). But, if I am wrong no one is hurt. I wouldn't insult someone, oh lets say like you, who disagrees with me. It's statements like that which leads to threads being closed. Mr. Mac has my full support. No reason to doubt him. But I am glad to have an open, fun forum to hear from him and you.

Now relax, and keep disagreeing. Just keep it PG and keep the personal shots out.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am incandescent at rage at all these UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS in the "upcoming and RUMORED devices" forum! Incandescent! Like an overpowered lightbulb! Aieeeeeeee!

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
This guy needs to quit being so butt hurt. He, along with Winterfang, are the only two people I have ever cared enough about, on any forum, to block. They are both constantly nagging and complaining and are always negative. If you don't have something positive to say, and if you can't dare have ANY fun guessing at rumored devices, then don't click on thread or leave the forums. Hope everyone else is having a good day :p With that said, I personally believe Mr. MacPhisto and think there will be a Verizon 9XX variant in the near future. I want to believe this nokiapureview guy, but I do have doubts. Let's just cross our fingers and hope! The more carriers a high-end nokia device is on the better it is for WP8!

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll post a summary here really quickly on this in regards to Verizon getting a 920 variant.

1. If you cannot wait to get a 920 (or variation) then AT&T is your only option. They will be the only one with the phone at launch and they will be the only one confirmed to have it then. They have an exclusive window with the top end Lumia device and paid Nokia to get it. Verizon cannot announce anything until AT&T has had the 920 on the market for at least 21 days. Verizon also would be unlikely to do so anyways as they do not announce phones more than a week out generally, as I have stated and has been seen.

I've experienced this one first hand talking to my contact at VZW. About a year and a half ago, I was looking for a phone. I had heard rumors of the HTC Trophy hitting VZW and I was most interested in getting a WP device, but also looked into the Droids. The HTC Thunderbolt had just come out and LTE was very intriguing, though had issues. The most alluring device that was rumored to me at the time was the Droid Bionic, a dual core LTE device that was SUPPOSED to hit only about a month after Thunderbolt. The leaked roadmaps said so - but my source said it wasn't going to happen due to technical issues with the phone, specifically the problem of LTE switching off to EVDO when it lost the LTE signal but never going back to LTE until you reset the phone. Motorola was and is a strong partner with VZW and neither wanted the Bionic released until they solved the problem. My source said it would be delayed until September. Sure enough, that's when it hit - and I got a Trophy, that was also delayed as VZW was waiting for NoDo.

The one exception I can recall to the launch window rule was the Motorola Droid, IIRC, but that was largely because of many looking for a Verizon response to the iPhone.

2. Phone launch dates are often in flux. This is why Verizon generally does not announce until they have stock. They do not trust manufacturers to deliver on the dates they set and refuse to have egg on their face because of it. Verizon's stance is that their are plenty of great phones in the world and all of them are worthless without a network. Verizon feels (and I agree, I'm a user and biased, though) that they have the best network. They also don't like carrying phones that are not ready for primetime because that also plays into how a network is viewed. They shy away from first gen stuff and let other people deal with the problems in regards to the phones. They will always be bold when it comes to the network, but they prefer reliability in the phones they stock. This is one reason why they turned down the iPhone initially, coupled with Apple's monetary demands.

They didn't release an Android phone until the OS had been out for a year and it had Android 2.0, IIRC - at least 2.0 was pretty close to ready.

But remember that phone dates are very rarely set in stone. WP8 was expected to launch about a week earlier than it will. Verizon was initially told that WP8 devices could be made available alongside Windows 8/RT devices on October 26, so that was the initial expected launch date through much of the summer. Their original schedule was built on this supposition and might have to move by a couple of weeks due to it.

3. Whenever Verizon launches, expect them to only carry two WP8 devices to start. They don't like to launch more than two phones at a time. Right now it appears that the HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 822 will launch, though that may change to the 8S instead with the Lumia 822 launching with the 9XX variant. Samsung is supposed to have a CDMA version of the ATIV S for them and the plan was to launch that around 2 weeks after the WP8 VZW launch. Then around 2 weeks later we are to see the Lumia 9XX and, as stated above, possibly the 822.

Do not expect to hear about these phones until a week before release. Depending on HTC, the heads up announcement could come a week before availability on Halloween - OR it could be a week after that. Like I said, the dates are not set in stone and it all depends on delivery from the handset maker. Verizon is not like AT&T, who tends to launch on Sundays. They often favor mid week launches but are flexible.

So if you are impatient for a 920 and are out of contract (or already with AT&T), then I'd advise for you to go with AT&T. They have a good network and I think you'll be very happy with the phone and the network.

If you want to be with VZW and are willing to wait at least a month then you are likely to be rewarded. I'm not eligible for my upgrade until mid-December, so I can be patient. Frankly, my Trophy works well. It's not a flashy phone, but it gets the job done. I could wait until my contract actually ends in March as well and bask in some quad core goodness too - if the phone launch schedule doesn't flex too much. They expect quad core WP8 devices by the end of March - and one is listed from Nokia, just so you know but that list is still considered very tentative. As I said, phone releases are not set in stone and Verizon will not release a date until they have enough phones in hand to sell. Before that you're out of luck.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
This guy needs to quit being so butt hurt. He, along with Winterfang, are the only two people I have ever cared enough about, on any forum, to block. They are both constantly nagging and complaining and are always negative. If you don't have something positive to say, and if you can't dare have ANY fun guessing at rumored devices, then don't click on thread or leave the forums. Hope everyone else is having a good day :p With that said, I personally believe Mr. MacPhisto and think there will be a Verizon 9XX variant in the near future. I want to believe this nokiapureview guy, but I do have doubts. Let's just cross our fingers and hope! The more carriers a high-end nokia device is on the better it is for WP8!

You believe him because you want it to be true. He has no inside information. And the fact that you "do have doubts" about the nokiapureview kid, instead of just flat out realize he is lying, is sad.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I did some quick photoshopping on that picture just to try and tease out some more detail, heres what I found:
9XXCameraEdited.jpg

Its obviously a fake, theres no phone on the planet that has folds like that. I'm not saying that there isn't a 920 variant headed to Verizon, there might be, but this isn't it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I came across this article. It does not really say anything at all though. just some random tweets from someone claiming to have gotten their hands on a Verizon "9XX" and then other quotes. no talk about pureview. There were more updates form the original tweeter. This was mentioned earlier in another thread yesterday. Nokia Lumia 9XX (920 variant) headed for Verizon Wireless? | Ubergizmo

The update to this is that @NokiaPureview has stated the 920 will have a matte poly carb finish with a pureview lense. I am going to ask him if it is similar in design to the leaked 822 photos and if there are any known colors.

I by no means take this tweeter seriously because it's just speculation, it does however pique my interest and it's fun to throw wood into rumor mills.

You might want to ask him where you can find bigfoot or where Jimmy Hoffa's body is buried. Those answers will have an equal likelihood of being based in fact.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The amount of roflstorming I am going to do on these people after they realize how crazy they were for believing this, is going to be epic.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I did some quick photoshopping on that picture just to try and tease out some more detail, heres what I found:
Click to view quoted image

Its obviously a fake, theres no phone on the planet that has folds like that. I'm not saying that there isn't a 920 variant headed to Verizon, there might be, but this isn't it.

You actually felt the need to confirm that with Photoshop? It might as well be a cough drop on a cheap red cell phone bumper, or a close up on an old web cam using a ca 2001 phone camera. That this even made it as "news" here is truly sad....

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You believe him because you want it to be true. He has no inside information. And the fact that you "do have doubts" about the nokiapureview kid, instead of just flat out realize he is lying, is sad.
How exactly do you know that MacPhisto has no inside information? You don't know, and claiming that you do is just as ridiculous as believing every rumor out there.

I believe that he has some insider info. None of the statements that he's made contradict each other or what we already know. I guess it's possible that he knows nothing and is doing some really well thought-out trolling, but if that's the case then I just feel sorry for him for wasting so much time on this.

Also, this is the Rumors subforum. Some of us actually appreciate reading rumors here. If you don't believe anything then you don't have to post here. There's no need to rain on everyone's parade in every thread. And you can express skepticism without calling everyone a liar, especially when you have no evidence that they are lying.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You actually felt the need to confirm that with Photoshop? It might as well be a cough drop on a cheap red cell phone bumper, or a close up on an old web cam using a ca 2001 phone camera. That this even made it as "news" here is truly sad....

If you look through the last 2 pages you'll see that there are more than a few people that believe this photo is legitimate, so yes sadly I did feel it was necessary.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The amount of roflstorming I am going to do on these people after they realize how crazy they were for believing this, is going to be epic.

And if it turns out to be true.... What will you do? I'd love to know.

I enjoy rumours, they do often come true especially in the mobile phone world. If they don't, then no real harm done.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

And yet we equally could say you're also talking **** without explaining why. Give us a reason why he's full of it please.

Go on then, roflstomp me... because... THIS IS SPARTA!!!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
And yet we equally could say you're also talking **** without explaining why. Give us a reason why he's full of it please.

Go on then, roflstomp me... because... THIS IS SPARTA!!!

That's not how the world works. You have to actually have proof to something before it has to be disproven.

And I said roflstorm. Read better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb