another hint for verizon 9XX

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That's not how the world works. You have to actually have proof to something before it has to be disproven.

And I said roflstorm. Read better.

Touch? about the roflstorm thing. Where on earth I got roflstomp from I don't know... That's what you get for trying to read at 2'500mph I guess...

Last edited:

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I must have something wrong with me because I'm so far completely unable to understand this rage on certain individuals' parts about Verizon getting a 9xx variant.

I feel for the Verizon customers that want a 9xx and are stuck in that limbo of deciding what to do about it, but this sentiment that those people are stupid for hoping for a 9xx is just ridiculous. As has been stated, this is a forum for phones and in fact it's for Windows Phones and we're all here because we like Windows Phone. So, doesn't it stand to reason that getting as many quality devices on as many carriers as possible is best for all of us?

I sincerely hope MacPhisto's source is correct and I've been on AT&T for years! I don't have any reason to hate them unlike some on this forum and in fact just two weeks ago I went to a nearby store to ask about why I had a $26 overage only to find out it was entirely my fault. It turned out that I hadn't changed from a limited text messaging plan to an unlimited one until I was about 800 texts over. But, the guy behind the counter offered to take that $26 off since I had already made the change to unlimited, and I didn't even ask him to.

Now, I have plenty of friends on Verizon and they swear by it. Mostly the ones that I pay attention to are the ones that point out that Verizon is the ONLY carrier that they get signal at home on. I even have considered an early termination at AT&T to move over to Verizon (since this would be cheaper than buying a phone ahead of my next upgrade), but the lack of a definitive answer on the 9xx and the fact that I would have to get a higher monthly plan now that Verizon only has share anything plans keeps me at AT&T.

In the end between AT&T and Verizon I feel it's a wash. They're both GOOD carriers with excellent reception in all the areas I frequent and they both have SUPER fast LTE networks. Of course they both have reports of bad customer service but ALL companies have those kinds of issues. Personally, I base my carrier opinions on things like the technology of their network and that's why I stay away from T-Mobile (Even though I had them way back when) and Sprint. Neither is as far along as I would want with LTE, and Sprint had their hilarious foible with WiMax.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I must have something wrong with me because I'm so far completely unable to understand this rage on certain individuals' parts about Verizon getting a 9xx variant.

I feel for the Verizon customers that want a 9xx and are stuck in that limbo of deciding what to do about it, but this sentiment that those people are stupid for hoping for a 9xx is just ridiculous. As has been stated, this is a forum for phones and in fact it's for Windows Phones and we're all here because we like Windows Phone. So, doesn't it stand to reason that getting as many quality devices on as many carriers as possible is best for all of us?

I sincerely hope MacPhisto's source is correct and I've been on AT&T for years! I don't have any reason to hate them unlike some on this forum and in fact just two weeks ago I went to a nearby store to ask about why I had a $26 overage only to find out it was entirely my fault. It turned out that I hadn't changed from a limited text messaging plan to an unlimited one until I was about 800 texts over. But, the guy behind the counter offered to take that $26 off since I had already made the change to unlimited, and I didn't even ask him to.

Now, I have plenty of friends on Verizon and they swear by it. Mostly the ones that I pay attention to are the ones that point out that Verizon is the ONLY carrier that they get signal at home on. I even have considered an early termination at AT&T to move over to Verizon (since this would be cheaper than buying a phone ahead of my next upgrade), but the lack of a definitive answer on the 9xx and the fact that I would have to get a higher monthly plan now that Verizon only has share anything plans keeps me at AT&T.

In the end between AT&T and Verizon I feel it's a wash. They're both GOOD carriers with excellent reception in all the areas I frequent and they both have SUPER fast LTE networks. Of course they both have reports of bad customer service but ALL companies have those kinds of issues. Personally, I base my carrier opinions on things like the technology of their network and that's why I stay away from T-Mobile (Even though I had them way back when) and Sprint. Neither is as far along as I would want with LTE, and Sprint had their hilarious foible with WiMax.

No one is mad about Verizon getting anything. We are Windows fans.

These are just horrible rumors that shouldn't be believed by anyone over the age of 7.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

And I think it's important to note that this is the reason why they are the top two carriers by a wide margin over Sprint. Both have good networks that are reliable. AT&T's had some issues a few years ago due to iPhone data usage, but they've since fixed those issues and created a more reliable and robust network.

I understand anyone who is happy with their carrier not wanting to switch. For me, I'll take the WP8 device on Verizon I like best and I'm not really in a rush to get it. I'm not going to wait for years or anything, but my current phone is more than functional and, frankly, some times its nice to let other people find the kinks over the first month or two of a new OS.

I think most AT&T customers are happy. If they weren't then I'd guess AT&T would have a lot fewer customers. It's not like they're the only place to get an iPhone anymore.

davec53

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
it does MENTION that rumor, but it actually isn't about that one at all...it says the information came from another source, one that he is not sure about...but it is not in reference to the @nokiapureview twitter account. it still may not amount to anything, but it is a new rumor, nonetheless.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No one is mad about Verizon getting anything. We are Windows fans.

These are just horrible rumors that shouldn't be believed by anyone over the age of 7.

Verizon getting a 920 type device after the agreement with AT&T runs out is a horrible rumor that shouldn't be believed by anyone over 7? Really? Please explain.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
it does MENTION that rumor, but it actually isn't about that one at all...it says the information came from another source, one that he is not sure about...but it is not in reference to the @nokiapureview twitter account. it still may not amount to anything, but it is a new rumor, nonetheless.

This is consistent with what I've heard outside of the price, but I have heard that the camera on the Verizon 922 would be 12MP. I had heard a $199 price for Black Friday, but the prices can change a lot. The $149 price for Christmas is believable and the last I heard about pricing was about a month ago.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon getting a 920 type device after the agreement with AT&T runs out is a horrible rumor that shouldn't be believed by anyone over 7? Really? Please explain.

Don't even waste your time looking for a response. Just put him on your ignore list like I did. When all a user does is bash those who don't share the same opinion, s/he ceases to be relevant.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

No, wrong again.

"We have already seen a super blurry photo of what is apparently the camera module, with some speculating it is a 41MP Lumia."

That is referring to to the twitter account who posted that bogus blurry picture.

You must be out of the loop. This kid says he was handling one and took a picture of something that wasn't even a phone and said it was the camera of the 922. I have been saying repeatedly that obviously it is timed exclusive.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
No, wrong again.

"We have already seen a super blurry photo of what is apparently the camera module, with some speculating it is a 41MP Lumia."

That is referring to to the twitter account who posted that bogus blurry picture.

Umm. in the link it does mention the rumor and he said as much.

But it doesn't say it has a bulge or anything of the sort, just that he heard it has more megapixels. I've heard the same.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Still hearing from my VZW source that a Nokia Lumia 9XX model is coming. Have heard that they are not sure Nokia can deliver by Black Friday as they had hoped, but are expecting to have it by the second week of December at the latest, still pushing for Black Friday and trying to convince Nokia that missing Black Friday is bad news.

BUT a lot of the problem is AT&T lobbying Nokia to sit on the phone. I can tell you that Nokia is not helping themselves with Verizon. VZW played nice and agreed to let AT&T have a month long exclusive of the top end Lumia device. I guess most everyone had been hoping and expecting for WP8 to launch at least a week earlier. AT&T is pitching a fit about the VZW variant possibly being available at the end of November because that won't give them 30 days. Nokia wants Verizon to throw them some cash to fix the problem. That IS NOT what you do with Verizon, especially if you have an agreement in place beforehand.

They still want and expect to have a Lumia 920 variant by mid-December. Remember, too, that Verizon doesn't tend to announce things a month in advance. They often will give you a week's notice. Their tendency is not to promote a phone much before it is available, but when people can go to a store and actually look at a functional version of one. Verizon's philosophy is that people come to them because of their network. They want good phones, but they have felt for a long time that their network differentiates them and sets them above. The phone would be worthless if the network is garbage.

I've said for awhile, do not expect to hear anything from VZW about a 9XX phone until mid November at the earliest. Nokia wants AT&T to have a window (and they've been paid to do this). Announcing that Verizon will have one relatively quickly will take away any AT&T advantage with the phone. Of course, any switchers to AT&T will be upset if they wanted to stay with VZW or go to VZW. My own feeling is that I don't think it'll cause any massive move to AT&T. Maybe some Sprint customers who might have gone to VZW.

Verizon is really over the whole "exclusive" phone stuff. They need certain hardware due to their CDMA band (and often that can be enough to claim the phone is a variant). Nokia presently make no phones that support CDMA800 and CDMA1900. So there always will be a slight model number difference between the GSM/WCDMA phones and the CDMA2000 phones. But most manufacturers have no trouble with this and Nokia should not either.

Still big plans for Windows Phone 8. Verizon will push it and if Nokia doesn't get them a 9XX model then they feel it will be Nokia's loss, not theirs. They still feel they will make it take off, doing with it what they did with Droid. It's just if Nokia isn't there with a high end device then you can expect them to push HTC and Samsung (Samsung is working on a variant with the CDMA guts).

Also note that none of these phones list any CDMA support on their sites YET because Verizon has yet to announce. I would be surprised if Verizon announces its first set of WP8 devices before the October 29 event. In fact, I would not be surprised if a big reveal at that event is Verizon's lineup - depending on who all is invited. I could see Verizon releasing details on all their phones on October 30 and then having them available on that Friday. Heck, I could even see Verizon NOT announcing anything and people just seeing them show up one day.

This is how Verizon does it. They are not a big hype machine. They will promote the products they have and every ad will include info about the superiority of their LTE network. A huge part of the reason why they are like this is because their customers are very loyal and very satisfied. They don't fear that they'll lose customers because of some new, fancy phone. Most people are with VZW because they like dependability and quality service.

So don't expect to hear anything from Verizon for at least two weeks. I'd be surprised if we did.
And this is why I trust Mr. MacPhsito. It sounds totally logical and in keeping with the exclusivity agreement AT&T has. I can wait, but not past 12-31-12....Well, I could actually but the deal ain't as sweet. As long as the 920(ish) Verizon device has 32meg(or more), PureView, and Wireless recharging I'm totally sold on it. The extra time just gives me time to save up for some wireless recharging pads and the jbl speaker.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
And this is why I trust Mr. MacPhsito. It sounds totally logical and in keeping with the exclusivity agreement AT&T has. I can wait, but not past 12-31-12....Well, I could actually but the deal ain't as sweet. As long as the 920(ish) Verizon device has 32meg(or more), PureView, and Wireless recharging I'm totally sold on it. The extra time just gives me time to save up for some wireless recharging pads and the jbl speaker.

Hint dropped from source yesterday said right now the expectation is the second week of December. Because of this they actually may announce more than a week early just to get out an announcement before Black Friday, but that's not set in stone. The AT&T exclusivity window really only gives them about a week to announce. There's also uncertainty about if they'll do an event with Nokia and MS or not. My personal feeling is that that would be wise as it'll get more people aware and it would be much more Apple like. Announce the phone and have it available for sale a week later.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Another rumor/hint about 9xx on Verizon...still strongly a rumor...but...with all this smoke, isn't there bound to be some fire??

Verizon 9xx Rumor: $149 on contract, better camera

"The email I got said that the Lumia 9xx will have the same module as the Lumia 920, but with a higher MP count."

I say use Tracour and over time we will see how accurate the site is. There was time when you had to have 2-3 independent source to confirm a rumor...but now its a race to get eyeballs on your site. I hope Tracour takes off, so that we can have hard proof of how reliable some blogger is.

p.s. Our fearless leader Daniel Rubino may take a hit next week on his score.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why Nokia would create big hoopla over the 920, and show it off as the flagship device then release a device with slightly better specs a few weeks after.

I'm not denying that there could be a 922 on the horizon for Verizon, but I seriously doubt it would have better specs than the 920 this soon.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why Nokia would create big hoopla over the 920, and show it off as the flagship device then release a device with slightly better specs a few weeks after.

I'm not denying that there could be a 922 on the horizon for Verizon, but I seriously doubt it would have better specs than the 920 this soon.

Frankly, a bump up from 8.7 to 12 isn't a huge change that will make the 920 suddenly not top of the line.

In fact, the bump up has more to do with getting around exclusivity agreements than anything else. If you change a spec then an argument that Nokia violated exclusivity is harder to prove. Truth is that if the quality of images on a Verizon device and on an AT&T device are comparable, neither customer base will be upset.

Nokia had originally planned to do a similar bump to the Lumia 900 for Verizon as well, but Verizon did not want another WP7 handset after learning of the inability of users to upgrade to WP8. It would have been later availability and VZW didn't want backlash from those who got that phone.

Most of those who got Trophies will be eligible for an upgrade between February and May. It was about a year ago that VZW was informed about the lack of upgrade and the only device they considered at all was the 900 due to its buzz, but they decided against it. So that 12MP version of the 900 never came.

Nokia probably can do a slight tweak to the censor to change the spec. That coupled with the CDMA2000 support in addition to GSM and LTE will differentiate the phone enough that AT&T has no real reason to complain once 30 days pass. And they can still say that the 920 is "exclusive" since the VZW phone will have a different model number and a slightly different spec.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
FCC labels

so, the following is now available on the FCC website (you can link to it easily through the phonescoop link New FCC Approvals (Phone Scoop))

If you notice,
the Nokia 920 internal model name is RM-820
the Nokia 820 internal model name is RM-824
the Nokia 810 internal model name is RM-878
So that leaves...RM-845 and RM-821 on the phonescoop site as not yet identified...

Looking at the end on profile of the phone and location of FCC label for the RM-821 it looks extremely similar to the Nokia 920, but is clearly a different phone, somehow. It has different test frequencies - now i dont know enough about the different bands etc. so perhaps someone else can comment on what the frequencies mean?

The confidentiality ends on 12/18/2012, which ties into some of the info in the above posts.
I will say though that the confidentiality ends on 1/13/2013 for the Nokia 920...

The RM-845 is a rounded phone in line with the 820/810 and may be the rumored Nokia 822 for Verizon.
So what do y'all think?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You know I'm just going to say I hate you Mr. MacPhsito. Every damn time I'm ready to pick up the top wp8 at launch for Verizon you come along and say something that makes me pause. And just like Verizon you keep pushing back your dates. Which after all the rumored release dates for the trophy makes me believe you. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)