another hint for verizon 9XX

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I came across this article. It does not really say anything at all though. just some random tweets from someone claiming to have gotten their hands on a Verizon "9XX" and then other quotes. no talk about pureview. There were more updates form the original tweeter. This was mentioned earlier in another thread yesterday. Nokia Lumia 9XX (920 variant) headed for Verizon Wireless? | Ubergizmo

The update to this is that @NokiaPureview has stated the 920 will have a matte poly carb finish with a pureview lense. I am going to ask him if it is similar in design to the leaked 822 photos and if there are any known colors.

I by no means take this tweeter seriously because it's just speculation, it does however pique my interest and it's fun to throw wood into rumor mills.

Last edited:

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I came across this article. It does not really say anything at all though. just some random tweets from someone claiming to have gotten their hands on a Verizon "9XX" and then other quotes. no talk about pureview. There were more updates form the original tweeter. This was mentioned earlier in another thread yesterday. Nokia Lumia 9XX (920 variant) headed for Verizon Wireless? | Ubergizmo

The update to this is that @NokiaPureview has stated the 920 will have a matte poly carb finish with a pureview lense. I am going to ask him if it is similar in design to the leaked 822 photos and if there are any known colors.

I by no means take this tweeter seriously because it's just speculation, it does however pique my interest and it's fun to throw wood into rumor mills.

So...we know nothing about the guy or have any reason to believe he knows anything? Okay then.

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

The guy's/girl's twitter is NokiaPureView. He has been posting a fair amount of tweets claiming he has gotten his hands on the 9XX for Verizon and that it will be available at the end of this year. He has one post that says: "lumia 9XX for Verizon so beautiful :)" as well as another saying it doesn't look like the leaked Atlas and instead "looks like the 920 but thinner and lighter"

Being a Verizon customer, I'm hoping this is true, and the optimist in me thinks it is based on all the rumors flying around lately about a 9XX variant for Verizon. I think Verizon would be smart to dispel these rumors in the near future if they're false, that way they don't anger their WP customers. Of course this person could be some sicko who gets off on getting people's hopes up, but based on his tweets, other rumors, and posts from Mr. MacPhisto really have me thinking that we'll hear something about this 920 variant soon.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So...we know nothing about the guy or have any reason to believe he knows anything? Okay then.

pretty much

He replied saying it looks like the 920 but thinner and lighter... I sure hope this guy is trustworthy, because it sounds to good to be true.

I don't care if it's not a trusted source, it's kind of exciting to read about.

Last edited:

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I hope that this 920 variant does come to Verizon, that it is a handsome phone with all the bells and whistles of the 920 and that it is announced soon, before AT+T preorders begin would be good.

:)

The more happy wp8 customers there are, the better.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
pretty much

He replied saying it looks like the 920 but thinner and lighter... I sure hope this guy is trustworthy, because it sounds to good to be true.

I don't care if it's not a trusted source, it's kind of exciting to read about.

It's exciting to read about something from a random guy on twitter? Yeesh.

And it's a 920 but thinner and lighter! That alone tells me it's bull.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's exciting to read about something from a random guy on twitter? Yeesh.

And it's a 920 but thinner and lighter! That alone tells me it's bull.

Unless he had a 920 on hand at the exact same time and compared them, he has no factual basis to say its thinner and lighter. Jimmy Kimmel proved that when people don't have the comparison device, their own beliefs definitely skew their perception. Even if they have the comparison device in their pocket and use it every day.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless he had a 920 on hand at the exact same time and compared them, he has no factual basis to say its thinner and lighter. Jimmy Kimmel proved that when people don't have the comparison device, their own beliefs definitely skew their perception. Even if they have the comparison device in their pocket and use it every day.

Have you seen that NokiaPureView kid's website? It looks like Geocities had breakfast and threw it up onto the web.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia 9XX series is already on Verizon's leaked roadmap next year. I have no doubt it will ship when AT&T's "exclusive" period is over (I'd expect the period is the standard six months).

The question is... are Verizon users willing to stick with their Trophies (or buy an 822 *shudder*) to tide them through a three month, six month or longer wait?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia 9XX series is already on Verizon's leaked roadmap next year. I have no doubt it will ship when AT&T's "exclusive" period is over (I'd expect the period is the standard six months).

The question is... are Verizon users willing to stick with their Trophies (or buy an 822 *shudder*) to tide them through a three month, six month or longer wait?
I hope for both Nokia and Verizon's sake that it's less than six months. By then there will be something better than the 920 out there. I know that I won't wait that long. I've already decided that I like the 8X and I'll be getting it unless something crazy happens (like a surprise release or bad reviews for the 8X).

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Prove it. Show me visual evidence of a 9xx on a roadmap. Because as I recall, it was just an unsubstantiated rumor from Phone Arena.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, I cannot prove that a leaked document is genuine, but I saw it on that site (and a couple of others). It predated HTC and Nokia's WP announcements/leaks (for the 8X and 822 respectively) with the lineup that we now know is coming. I see no reason to believe that the bits about the 9XX series aren't also true.

However, I'd imagine Verizon users are in for a bit of a wait. If you want a "sure thing," and you're on Verizon, you can switch to AT&T, get an 8X, or get an 822 if the idea of "wait and see" isn't appealing.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've pretty much conceded that Verizon's 920 will not come out this year. If it's in the works it will be released sometime between February and May. If it does not happen by February, I would have saved enough money at that time to get an 8X off contract, and bow out of the first gen Nokia WP8 offerings until the next wave. I am done with hoping for this thing to appear. It's like playing with a jack-in-a-box without jack being in the damn box!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that makes me think that it still might happen is Mr. MacPhisto's posts. He was pretty straightforward about his source and he actually gave some concrete information (Black Friday release, for example) instead of the incredibly vague rumors we're used to seeing.

That said, my expectations are still low so I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think nokia would be foolish to not bring a 920 variant to verizon. I mean leaving out the largest US carrier from your best phone is stupid if you want to sell lots of devices. Exclusivity is what will kill nokia just like it's killing HTC. I would buy a 920 variant on verizon in a heart beat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3