With Japanese carrier Softbank making a bid to buy all or most of Sprint, things could be looking up for WP in two senses.

First, Softbank sells Toshiba's WPs in Japan and is "WP friendly."

Second, the deal is expected to result in a massive cash infusion into Sprint, freeing them from their undue dependency on Apple and Android. That could also mean more WP handsets.

I'd bet that we'll see the 8X on Sprint sooner rather than later, should the Softbank deal occur.
    10-11-2012 01:29 PM
    With Japanese carrier Softbank making a bid to buy all or most of Sprint, things could be looking up for WP in two senses.

First, Softbank sells Toshiba's WPs in Japan and is "WP friendly."

Second, the deal is expected to result in a massive cash infusion into Sprint, freeing them from their undue dependency on Apple and Android. That could also mean more WP handsets.

I'd bet that we'll see the 8X on Sprint sooner rather than later, should the Softbank deal occur.
    NOthing about what phone, but this article is on the front page... Ting to support Windows Phone as well as Sprint? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    10-11-2012 02:02 PM
    All I know is Sprint better get off the pot and get on board with WP8 if not when my contract up next year I might be going to Verizon..
    10-11-2012 02:05 PM
    I saw that earlier today, who knows how it will effect Sprint. Hopefully in a good way.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic/198756.htm
    10-11-2012 02:11 PM
    It's the Bears guy again, and on Sprint too! Inspired me, maybe we can start a trend...

palandri likes this.
    10-11-2012 03:21 PM
    I see that deal falling apart. If someone buys the heavily indebt Sprint they also get the even more indebt Clearwire with it.

Clearwire is basically a zombie. Sprint owns most of Clearwire and even they have stated they will not be using there services going forward.

I just do not see what value SoftBank believes they can get out from either of these companies.
    10-11-2012 03:34 PM
    I doubt the deal will fall apart. Sprint is still the #3 mobile franchise in the USA, with over 50 million customers. With the right aggressive infrastructure rollout, they could get back in the game.

Right now, the aggressive innovators are T-Mo and Sprint. The US mobile market needs them to do well in order to involve declining bandwidth and higher prices.
    10-11-2012 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD