Verizon announces new Droids yesterday so when will they for the new WP8's?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Except we already know details about the agreement such as subsidization and marketing costs being footed by AT&T. So no chance they get flagship lumia anything in the next 6 months.

Verizon people are going to slit wrists from all of these false hope bogus "insider" rumors.

Right, I got into a spate with you on the other thread, but here, you make a valid point. One that I can't argue with sadly. Of course, unless VZW are willing to foot the marketing bill for the Lumia 922 then it's a no-go. As the 8X is the multi-carrier phone, it is getting subsidized by Microsoft.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't understand why anybody would want a 920 anyway. Its specs are CLEARLY inferior to the 8X. :D

(I am kiddingggggggggg)

I honestly don't get why HTC fans feel the need to compete with Nokia fans, while I rarely see Nokia fans going after HTC. I am a WP8 fan over Nokia/HTC/Samsung or anyone.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on Engadget yesterday that Verizon announced the Droid Razor HD and HD Maxx for the 18th of October. Click here for the story. That is 7 days lead time from official confirmation from Verizon to the release date. So if this is there announcement/release model, then can we assume that on October 28th or 29th, big red will officially announce their line up of WP8 hardware to be available on or around October 4th?

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

What it means is VZW continues to promote anything and everything Android and has not said a thing about WP8, other than execu-babble about third ecosystems that dances around the fact that they also support BlackBerry. Last I checked, 1+1+1+1=4, not three. People should view it as a hint that with each passing day VZW is treating this more and more like WP7.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Swyost, want to make a bet? Wherever you want to wager. I guarantee that verizon will have 2 wp8 devices available before December. Like it's been said a million times already
A. Verizon doesn't make announcements far in advance
B. HTC has confirmed that verizon is getting the 8x. Yes, htc itself stated the 8x will be on verizon.
Not sure what your issue is but it's pretty sad.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to some WP8 training next week for some hands on time. I can assure you guys that this Verizon/WP8 partnership is the real deal. They are really talking this stuff up. Like, my manager, who laughed in my face when I bought the Trophy, is now talking about how phenomenal WP8 is. It's in the koolaid. I haven't heard anything confirmed about early upgrades or whatever, but I know for a fact if there's any kind of SPIFF on WP8, we'll sell a **** load of them. Verizon hires reps that are sales machines. Give them a SPIFF and they will blow you away. Right now we make $25 on every 4G device sold. You can't imagine how much 4G we've sold. I made over $1500 on that SPIFF ALONE last month.

If WP8 is good + Verizon gets good hardware (8X is confirmed) + Microsoft pays out a SPIFF to VZW reps, WP8 WILL take off, and you WILL have every single VZW rep cramming it down your throat.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to some WP8 training next week for some hands on time. I can assure you guys that this Verizon/WP8 partnership is the real deal. They are really talking this stuff up. Like, my manager, who laughed in my face when I bought the Trophy, is now talking about how phenomenal WP8 is. It's in the koolaid. I haven't heard anything confirmed about early upgrades or whatever, but I know for a fact if there's any kind of SPIFF on WP8, we'll sell a **** load of them. Verizon hires reps that are sales machines. Give them a SPIFF and they will blow you away. Right now we make $25 on every 4G device sold. You can't imagine how much 4G we've sold. I made over $1500 on that SPIFF ALONE last month.

If WP8 is good + Verizon gets good hardware (8X is confirmed) + Microsoft pays out a SPIFF to VZW reps, WP8 WILL take off, and you WILL have every single VZW rep cramming it down your throat.

Thanks for that info!

Do you have any insight you can share as to which handsets other than the 8X Verizon will offer and possibly when? Any info is much appreciated since almost all of my lines (3 of the 4) are up for renewal during the 1st week of November.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8 is a known commodity and it really is very good. It is a great upgrade that is worth it for the performance gains alone, especially for the price. Beyond that, shouldn't you at least try touching the devices before proclaiming they work well together?

Hate to disagree with you BUT Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT are completely new operating systems and not known quantities. There is not a single person (outside of MS or maybe a few preferred partners) that has even touched a real, working WP8 or Windows RT device. Everyone ASSUMES that because WP7 performed so smoothly that WP8 will perform just as well. Let's see how well they both run when we have real hardware with final release software before we declare victory for either one.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I certainly agree that if the Verizon reps will push WP8 it will sell well. I can't wait to go to into my Verizon store and see how those reps that laughed at my Trophy act toward WP once they have an good hardware and an incentive to sell it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3