Verizon announces new Droids yesterday so when will they for the new WP8's?

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on Engadget yesterday that Verizon announced the Droid Razor HD and HD Maxx for the 18th of October. Click here for the story. That is 7 days lead time from official confirmation from Verizon to the release date. So if this is there announcement/release model, then can we assume that on October 28th or 29th, big red will officially announce their line up of WP8 hardware to be available on or around October 4th?

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This is along the lines of what Mr. MacPhisto has been saying in the "Another Hint of Verizon 9XX" thread. They don't do advance notice more than one week.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is par for the course for Verizon. They almost never announce phones more than a week before release. There are a few rare exceptions but I don't expect WP8 to be one of them.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This is along the lines of what Mr. MacPhisto has been saying in the "Another Hint of Verizon 9XX" thread. They don't do advance notice more than one week.

Right. Looks like even their beloved Droid line only gets 1 week notice.

Last edited:

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be hilarious if Verizon got a slightly better specked 920. Can you imagine the rage that would happen? Those that jumped ship to ATT would be salty nut rolls. Lol.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It surely is going to be quite exciting during the last week of October (and the first week of November). Its all Microsoft... Windows 8/WP8, Surface, Halo 4. Good times!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be hilarious if Verizon got a slightly better specked 920. Can you imagine the rage that would happen? Those that jumped ship to ATT would be salty nut rolls. Lol.

By the same token. If they get a less specked 920, the rage will be in the other direction

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be upgrading my laptop to Windows 8, most likely ordering a Surface RT at midnight, and hoping to score a WP8 phone within a week of the Windows 8 rollout. It'll be nice to have 3 devices that work well together.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes Verizon doesn't even announce phones, it just launches them. When the original Motorola Droid launched, they launched the Droid Eris the same day with no prior announcement.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes Verizon doesn't even announce phones, it just launches them. When the original Motorola Droid launched, they launched the Droid Eris the same day with no prior announcement.

This is true. I remember being kind of shocked that there was another Droid badged phone that day. They've done this fairly often, though it generally is for a lower end phone. I could see the HTC 8S just showing up at some point for them. Most of the other WP8 devices that we know of now will likely get a press release announcement.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Except we already know details about the agreement such as subsidization and marketing costs being footed by AT&T. So no chance they get flagship lumia anything in the next 6 months.

Verizon people are going to slit wrists from all of these false hope bogus "insider" rumors.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Ask the people who spent the summer complaining about the delayed shipments of their LONG PREORDERED Galaxy S3s whether VZW make advance announcements. Sorry that is just attempting to rationalize and excuse the fact that they have made no WP8 announcements and it is not true. BTW, back when VZW released the first Android phones a few years back, they advertised the introduction in both tease ads and flat out promos for at least a month. The droid does ads were around long before you could actually buy the phones.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
This is true. I remember being kind of shocked that there was another Droid badged phone that day. They've done this fairly often, though it generally is for a lower end phone. I could see the HTC 8S just showing up at some point for them. Most of the other WP8 devices that we know of now will likely get a press release announcement.

The droid campaign that long preceded any Android phones was often sans references to any specific phones.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll be upgrading my laptop to Windows 8, most likely ordering a Surface RT at midnight, and hoping to score a WP8 phone within a week of the Windows 8 rollout. It'll be nice to have 3 devices that work well together.

Windows 8 is a known commodity and it really is very good. It is a great upgrade that is worth it for the performance gains alone, especially for the price. Beyond that, shouldn't you at least try touching the devices before proclaiming they work well together?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 is a known commodity and it really is very good. It is a great upgrade that is worth it for the performance gains alone, especially for the price. Beyond that, shouldn't you at least try touching the devices before proclaiming they work well together?

The ecosystem is Microsoft's main cornerstone. I'm pretty sure they'll play nicely together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3