Trash-talking on the one who could push WP8 further.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't give a **** about Samsung because Samsung doesn't give a **** about WP8. Period.
LOL... Samsung is probably the manufacturer who's making the most W8 devices and they also make a WP8, so your argument is quite invalid.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm drinking with some friends, no offense intended.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL... Samsung is probably the manufacturer who's making the most W8 devices and they also make a WP8, so your argument is quite invalid.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm drinking with some friends, no offense intended.

And? Where are the commercials with the Ativ? They don't care about WP8. Sorry if that upsets you but it's the truth. Android is their bread and butter.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
And? Where are the commercials with the Ativ? They don't care about WP8. Sorry if that upsets you but it's the truth. Android is their bread and butter.
As 12dany123 said "I heard that Samsung is doing a campaign on the ativ S. in Europe. This probably means the US As well". Samsung is the one who could change everything for WP8

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experiences with my Titan. It feels spectacular in the hand and reflects that in its build quality. It has hit the ceramic floors in my house from up to 36" high, a few times now, with only a small flattened area right on the hard line around the middle of the edge. The screen is nice, the limited features it does have is nice, but yeah, getting no updates in a year means I will NEVER get another one, unless they step up their customer service by about 1000%. And I only paid a penny for it. Had I paid full price or full contracted price, I would be LIVID.

My rank is 920/Ativ. They are neck and neck. Love the 920 camera and apps. Like the Ativ appearance a bit more but after playing with a few S3, its not tops in my book for quality feel no matter what the apologists say about its actual quality.

I am hoping that the 8.5 devices have a metal body version from someone. There really is nothing like the feel of it in my opinion. The 920 ought to be steel for as much as it weighs though. I am impressed with the ip5 for its weight and being metal.
I have to agree with those who have said good things about the durability of HTC products. My HTC Vivid has only been dropped twice (both times it fell out of my pocket). Both times it survived without so much as a mark and one of those it even fell directly onto the metal legs for the casters on my office chair. Now, since I refuse to use a case it does have a few scuffs on the metal backplate where it rubs against rivets on my jeans' pockets when I use it but that's my fault, not HTC's.

I just can't support them due to all of the issues I've had with my phone from a software standpoint. Granted, with Windows Phone 8 I would expect less of them since they won't be tinkering around with the OS as much (I've grown to sincerely hate HTC Sense UI) but it still keeps me from considering their phones.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
As 12dany123 said "I heard that Samsung is doing a campaign on the ativ S. in Europe. This probably means the US As well". Samsung is the one who could change everything for WP8

Yea it's here in this link
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/10/133_122088.html

?Samsung decided not to roll out Ativ S smartphone in Korea this year. But it will launch promotional campaigns for the Ativ S for consumers in Europe,? said an official from the company.

While. Do love the 920 and getting one as well for my personal phone. I also do like the Ativ S. and will have it as my work phone. And glad Samsung is doing something for the Ativ S

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's here in this link
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/10/133_122088.html

?Samsung decided not to roll out Ativ S smartphone in Korea this year. But it will launch promotional campaigns for the Ativ S for consumers in Europe,? said an official from the company.

While. Do love the 920 and getting one as well for my personal phone. I also do like the Ativ S. and will have it as my work phone. And glad Samsung is doing something for the Ativ S

Wow. Me never knew Samsung cared for windows phone 8. Maybe that is why the made the ativ S different from the s3

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's funny because a couple months ago I wanted a nokia and now I despise it, not because of nokia itself, but the half pints on this site that ridicule everything not nokia.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
While I do not want an Ativ S due to it's size and ergonomics (basing this off of using a Galaxy S III for a few weeks), I'm happy to have as many big name manufacturers producing WP8 hardware as possible. Kudos to Samsung for bringing over their top of the line device without watering it down at all.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
From the moment the presenter strutted around on stage holding the ATIV, I thought I was in. Sammy gave me the Focus S, and it has been the best device I have ever owned or anyone in my family has owned, period. Performance, dependability, and pure enjoyment.

I have become a Nokia fan simply because the dedication they have shown to their devices (Symbian as well) and their amazing quality screens. The 900 is great, and the 920 exploded off the screen, and that was just on my computer.

But, believe me: I feel like a broken record when I say the 920 is choice 1-A and the ATIV is choice 1-B. Heck, the 820 has become a possibility for me, depending on it's performance. I have to buy off contract, so I will keep that option open. I so want to see the ATIV do well. I think it is the most professional looking device, slick and just original enough to stand out. 4.8" screen will probably be great.

I am so excited for one of them to earn my dollars. Can not for the life of me understand why some posters are worried which one is successful. I would love ALL of them to get iPhone numbers. Then we know WP options will keep coming.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
From the moment the presenter strutted around on stage holding the ATIV, I thought I was in. Sammy gave me the Focus S, and it has been the best device I have ever owned or anyone in my family has owned, period. Performance, dependability, and pure enjoyment.

I have become a Nokia fan simply because the dedication they have shown to their devices (Symbian as well) and their amazing quality screens. The 900 is great, and the 920 exploded off the screen, and that was just on my computer.

But, believe me: I feel like a broken record when I say the 920 is choice 1-A and the ATIV is choice 1-B. Heck, the 820 has become a possibility for me, depending on it's performance. I have to buy off contract, so I will keep that option open. I so want to see the ATIV do well. I think it is the most professional looking device, slick and just original enough to stand out. 4.8" screen will probably be great.

I am so excited for one of them to earn my dollars. Can not for the life of me understand why some posters are worried which one is successful. I would love ALL of them to get iPhone numbers. Then we know WP options will keep coming.
Sadly we wont see iPhone numbers in the near future...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There is nothing to advertise yet, since the products are not available for sale.

I am sure that Samsung will advertise the Ativ. Samsung has advertised previous Windows Phones, such as the Focus.

Samsung goes way back to WinMo. I still remember their Jack ads with Ozzy Osbourne.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think its great you all want to argue about what device will be better. It really show how interest in WP8 is growing. Six months ago we were having much different discussions. more about will WP survive. Lets try to keep it civil in here we all want the same thing we want WP8 to be a hit and grow.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I think its great you all want to argue about what device will be better. It really show how interest in WP8 is growing. Six months ago we were having much different discussions. more about will WP survive. Lets try to keep it civil in here we all want the same thing we want WP8 to be a hit and grow.

Well said however most on this forum don't argue which is best but rather which is worst. I belong to several forums under different usernames and I find the members of this forum the most hateful and immature. Often attacking others for valid reasoning and quickly jumping at the opportunity to call somebody a troll. Crackberry.com has the best community because they all have a common interest which is the success of the BlackBerry platform. I would love to see that same unity on this forum with emphasis on a common interest which is the success of the Windows Phone platform. Who cares what device somebody wants and who cares which phones don't have a 720p screen. All WP8 phones will be awesome in their own way so let's just support the platform instead of preference of OEMs.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Nokia camp for my next device, and I don't like the feel of Samsung devices, but I will NEVER question their durability. My previous phone was a Samsung and I once threw it about 40' across a gas station parking lot. It skipped twice and hit a picket fence. I put the battery back in, put the cover back on, powered it up, and it was fine for several more months until I got my HD7.

If I can't get my hands on a Nokia for whatever reason, I will be taking a hard look at the Ativ, as I had a bad experience with HTC, and it does look like a great device, feel aside.

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The more phones out there, the better for WP8 as a whole. If we all liked the same phone it would be pretty boring. Plus competition brings innovation, not complancency.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Nokia fans are only on this board, Nokia is the laughing stock on other forums. Samsung is quality. Though I hate how long their devices take to charge.
i post in 9 different forums including this one believe it or not the majority with Nokia > HTC > samsung :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs