Sprint getting a WP8 device?

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What is worth having a high end device when not properly coded for the specifications of a carrier?
Citation needed.

Ask Verizon how does it really feel about having three undercoded and underencrypted devices, which is why no other CDMA carrier will touch WP8 anytime soon, starting with Sprint and US Cellular.
Citation needed.

Brmiller, you really need to bring a valid argument to each point i have countered and still have not brought any sense to the discussion. Sorry, but FACTS are overwhelming.
You haven't cited a single source for anything you've said and my searching has come up with nothing. I can't find a single mention of anything you've brought up as the reasons for Sprint and the others not carrying WP8.

Sprint nor any carrier using CDMA 2000 technology who has decided to sit for the WP8 launch will keep their stand in regards in forcing Microsoft code properly and give the same exact technical and marketing support they give to AT&T and T Mobile.
Citation needed. No one has said anything about the support (or lack thereof) that CDMA devices have received from Microsoft, and the available evidence points to Microsoft's support being just fine (namely, timely software updates). Don't you think there would at least have been rumors leaked about things like that?

Oh, by the way, MetroPCS did made a request for enough Lumia 900 devices, but Lumia REFUSED because they would not build CDMA 2000 based devices with US carrier specification (the same goes to all their line of WP7 devices).
And...citation needed. Again, I can't even find any rumors mentioning MetroPCS and Nokia together. Also, who exactly is Lumia? Nokia, you mean?

If you could provide a single reliable source for your information, people here would likely take you more seriously. You can't sit here and accuse people of failing to bring sense to the discussion when you haven't showed us anything to back up your so-called facts. As it stands, you sound like a rambling Sprint/CDMA ****** spouting conspiracy theories.

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
You are trying to deflect the questions based on the obvious in regards to how CDMA carriers were treated. Care to explain why no devices made it to prepaid outside of the GSM world?

The MetroPCS issue I can give you some right to doubt because the sources were from representatives so let's discard that one.

But let's get back on why focus all the bashing on Sprint where there are carriers which did not carry one single WP7 device or they have plans to carry any WP8 devices for the time being (i.e., Premier, US Cellular just to mention a few), and I am talking about carriers not Sprint based MVNOs. Care to give me a good reason why the "let's only bash Sprint although there are other CDMA carriers not having WP8 devices at launch"? I want straight answers, not another post to deflect or ignore the question because all the arguments or should I say shielding just not to answer direct questions is boring...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Evil Microsoft and its OEM minions have treated CDMA carriers unfairly! UNFAIRLY, I say!

And who is "Premiere" and "US Cellular?" Never heard of them.

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
US Cellular is the fifth largest contract based carrier, although most of their clientelle is in the midwest. Premier is a regional CDMA carrier with big ambitions after not renewing roaming agreements with Verizon and Sprint, and have lots of rural service areas in the southern states, more speciic to Oklahoma, and Kansas.

Want more? MetroPCS although being purchased by T-Mobile is still the largest prepaid CDMA service not relying on Sprint, followed by Cricket and C-Spire. We could go on for this subject but right now I am focused on other things than waiting for a straight answer why Microsoft still treats CDMA as a niche market in the US, knowing brmiller will never give me a straight answer as the most vocal WP supporting writers of the likes as Alan F and Aaron Michael Rowe have been doing for months.

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This thread will not die until several people here see a device or two, dates of release, specifications, and price. I am wondering if it is a rumored Nokia Lumia branded phone as it was rumored earlier this year, and if Microsoft finally decided to code CDMA properly...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Evil Microsoft and its OEM minions have treated CDMA carriers unfairly! UNFAIRLY, I say!

And who is "Premiere" and "US Cellular?" Never heard of them.

And I say Sprint is treating its customers unfairly! If Sprint truly wanted a WP8 device before now they would have shown gthe financial commitment to havre had it by now Money Talks and hot air floats away Right now Sprints commitment to WP is not but a breeze of hot air insuuficient to lift a baloon!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You are trying to deflect the questions based on the obvious in regards to how CDMA carriers were treated. Care to explain why no devices made it to prepaid outside of the GSM world?

The MetroPCS issue I can give you some right to doubt because the sources were from representatives so let's discard that one.

But let's get back on why focus all the bashing on Sprint where there are carriers which did not carry one single WP7 device or they have plans to carry any WP8 devices for the time being (i.e., Premier, US Cellular just to mention a few), and I am talking about carriers not Sprint based MVNOs. Care to give me a good reason why the "let's only bash Sprint although there are other CDMA carriers not having WP8 devices at launch"? I want straight answers, not another post to deflect or ignore the question because all the arguments or should I say shielding just not to answer direct questions is boring...

CDMA carriers in China are getting WP8 devices. blow, blow, blow.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That old news about sprint! I wonder if the device will be a watered down version of the current win8 phones? I am disappointed that sprints great plan for revival was to sell itself to another #3 carrier.

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well you guys can stop arguing because Sprint is finally getting a WP8 device!!! I really do hope they get an HTC 8X or Nokia 920. And apparently the exclusivity of the 920 to AT&T was only for 6 months. If that is the case I will gladly wait a few more months for the 920 over the 8X purely because I have had 3 HTC phones in a row and I need a change and that camera is AMAZING. But I love the way the 8X looks. Decisions, decisons.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No, no, no. Sprint will only use the device when it's properly coded for military-grade 512 bit encryption, to protect your data from the space aliens who regularly scan GSM phones and use the communications and location data to select abductees to implant with alien embryos!

I am so grateful that Sprint stands up for the human race and against alien abductee forced embryo implantation!

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I am so grateful that Sprint stands up for the human race and against alien abductee forced embryo implantation!

I really did lol when reading this. All in all I am glad that sprint is getting WP8, my upgrade isn't till next Oct., so I'll have to wait anyway. What I really want is the Ativ S, or any WP8 with high specs and microSD.

Also because I am staying with sprint for a bit longer I guess its better to wait for a WP8 if only phones in 2013 will have both current LTE and TD-LTE modules(im sure I read that somewhere)

and clearwire-td-lte-network-go-live-june-2013/2012-02-15

I figure, I waited this long and the arrive still works...I take my time and hopefully sprint gets it right this time otherwise I'll have 2 leave as well.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am also under contract till June and I am finding it hard to be patient and wait for a WP8! I was at an AT&T store playing around with the Nokia 920 and it was great! I was ready to jump ship right then. I am hoping to get the 920 on sprint when the exclusive with AT&T is over. I do wonder with live tiles constantly updating how much data would these phones use and would it be worth it to stay with sprint and unlimited data!?!?!?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am also under contract till June and I am finding it hard to be patient and wait for a WP8! I was at an AT&T store playing around with the Nokia 920 and it was great! I was ready to jump ship right then. I am hoping to get the 920 on sprint when the exclusive with AT&T is over. I do wonder with live tiles constantly updating how much data would these phones use and would it be worth it to stay with sprint and unlimited data!?!?!?

Are you on a windows phone now? If so, just go look up your monthly usage in your account settings. If not, still gives you an idea of what you're doing and can factor in a little bump for live tiles if necessary.

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you on a windows phone now? If so, just go look up your monthly usage in your account settings. If not, still gives you an idea of what you're doing and can factor in a little bump for live tiles if necessary.

I check other carriers prices and data prices in case it is better to move my family plan to another carrier and when i look at my data(on htc arrive), on average i was only using about 2.5GB of data a month. Sometimes more sometimes less. That was with the occasional Netflix/crackle movie, lots of bing navigation, web browsing, couple of live tiles, regular smartphone usage with wifi at home. I don't know if this helps or not

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is Getting WP8..... To little to Late. I moved my 4 lines (5th once yellow come in) to ATT after 10 years on Sprint.

So Far I could not be happier, the service has been 1000% better. (I live in subs of Orlando where Sprint should not have a problem)

Regardless of Sprint getting WP8 devices, I still have not Faith they will support the Phones with updates or Customer Service.

The Kids and I loved our Arrives, but we Love our 920s and the ATT Coverage a lot more. That took less then a week to determine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720