Huawei Ascend W1 pictures leak...inspired by Nokia?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks pretty decent, but the front facing buttons are a bit close together and I'm not sure about the screen sticking so far out of the shell. The side profile is nice though, and the edges remind me of my Omnia 7.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's the Lumia 900 after a year of gym and dietician advice! :D

I like it.

Huawei is clearly scaring the pants off the US, Canadian and EU tech markets, what with all this nonsense around "Huawei and ZTE phones will spy on you and their routers will steal data" bull-puckey.

Imagine that Huawei costing under $300 and delivering high-end performance, and you can see why the marketplace is scared. It's good news for us, though, since it means lower prices AND more choices. Heck, even Sprint might be convinced to pick up one of those.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Crap specs are still crap specs, but nice sized battery. Form is not too bad either. Bit cautious and bland though.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
we are starting to sound like iphone fans.

FYI Nokia didn't invent colored phones!

Nope. The design language seems to be inspired by Nokia is all.

Still, it's good. At least it isn't another boring black plastic box. I am beginning to see the benefits of better design.

Dual screen flip phones, anyone?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious -- how is the "design language" inspired by Nokia (or anybody else?)

My SonyEricsson P800 was a flat, blue (thick brick) touchscreen phone back in 2003. Is the Lumia a rip-off of SE's "design language?"

(Answer: no. The flat slab is the standard modern smartphone form factor that everyone has evolved towards, just as flip and candybar were the form factors evolved towards in the featurephone era.)

And whining that "someone else's phone looks like mine but costs less" isn't going to win. Releasing modern phones that are easy to buy will. If Huawei sells WPs with good specs, and low prices, on every carrier, they'll sell a whole lot more than a "premium priced" Nokia limited to just one network.

Innovator's Dilemma.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious -- how is the "design language" inspired by Nokia (or anybody else?)

My SonyEricsson P800 was a flat, blue (thick brick) touchscreen phone back in 2003. Is the Lumia a rip-off of SE's "design language?"

(Answer: no. The flat slab is the standard modern smartphone form factor that everyone has evolved towards, just as flip and candybar were the form factors evolved towards in the featurephone era.)

And whining that "someone else's phone looks like mine but costs less" isn't going to win. Releasing modern phones that are easy to buy will. If Huawei sells WPs with good specs, and low prices, on every carrier, they'll sell a whole lot more than a "premium priced" Nokia limited to just one network.

Innovator's Dilemma.

Wow, did Nokia actually whined about Huawei?

I am rooting for Huawei's WP too, but thing is, Huawei's design elements was taken from the HTC One X and the Lumia. And if they sell, more power to them, but I will note that Huawei undergoing so much checks from the western governments, it will be a genuine but good surprise from me if this sees the light in the US. At least it means that there's choices.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a phone to compete against the HTC 8S. Mid to low range, most likely hitting Metro PCS/Cricket/T-Mobile Prepaid or other MVNO's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills