Nothing to see here / Move along

Status
Not open for further replies.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't take rumors seriously until there is significant proof. Remember the rumor a few weeks back about how Nokia was going to sue HTC?

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
After reading that article, I think that is something the US government don't want them to do. Verizon better be careful, I smell trouble brewing.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I find this very unlikely. It's possible that there may be minor issues but this sounds extreme. This is a problem that would have been found and addressed in the planning/prototype testing stages and not in final production testing where they should have been a weeks ago. If it was overlooked then some important people will be losing their jobs.

I surely hope that Verizon is going to carry phones on launch and that this rumor is just that and nothing more. I am willing to jump to AT&T and I'll save $35 a month in the process. I used to be a loyal Verizon customer but they just keep going downhill and now I may wait for my contracts to run out and jump ship. T-mobiles buyout may finally bring their service to my area and I will go to them in a heartbeat.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The bigger question is(if remote access is true): Why is this not even questioned that Verizon can have remote access to your phone? What can they see and do? I am glad I am not on Verizon, but is there any other carrier allowed this access to my personal smartphone?

If so I seriously want verified answers to my first two questions..:excl:

You know, I just saw an article headline over on TomsHardware about how Verizon thinks selling customer information is perfectly legal...could this be related?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, no. I have 0 confidence that this rumor is true. It just doesn't make any sense.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting hands on training with WP8 next week, so this seems highly unlikely. :)

Yep, I have a friend that has training coming up next week as well in Minneapolis. He's in the dark on what device/devices they will be using but it's definitely wp8.

I'm guessing Verizon will make an announcement during or shortly after the training. Sounds like it's a big to do and big leaks will definitely happen. I know I'm going to milk my buddy as soon as he gets back.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I have a friend that has training coming up next week as well in Minneapolis. He's in the dark on what device/devices they will be using but it's definitely wp8.

I'm guessing Verizon will make an announcement during or shortly after the training. Sounds like it's a big to do and big leaks will definitely happen. I know I'm going to milk my buddy as soon as he gets back.
I moved up from sales to the training department a couple of months back. I can tell you VZW is really on board with WP8. My training is early next week and I'll probably be teaching the classes at the end of the week. Gotta love how Verizon works with product launches.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you should be. I think my buddy is heading out next Friday. I know he's going to be there all weekend but I'm not sure how much of that is training. I wouldn't think it would take more than a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte