10-17-2012 02:03 AM
37 12
tools
    Thread deleted.
    Last edited by scout_313; 10-16-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    10-16-2012 09:36 AM
    Makes it easier for me to decide which WP8 phone on Verizon to get. :)
    Winterfang likes this.
    10-16-2012 09:40 AM
    Makes it easier for me to decide which WP8 phone on Verizon to get. :)

lol :lol:
    10-16-2012 09:42 AM
    I highly doubt that that they would bail out now. They have passed the turn back stage, just think how much they have invested so far.
    10-16-2012 09:47 AM
    I'm really glad our writers don't post a story on every report from an unknown source they get. It could hurt your credibility.
    Villain likes this.
    10-16-2012 09:49 AM
    No. They've been working on WP8 and preparing for it for two years. They've been well aware of what the platform specs would be for a year.

Delayed? Yes. But not the entire lineup. Rollouts are delayed largely because WP8 itself is hitting a week later than initially expected.
    10-16-2012 09:50 AM
    Delayed? Sure. Cancelled? Seems unreasonable.
    10-16-2012 09:51 AM
    What a doozy of a rumor this is. If true, it would create such a backlash that will forever sour the already precarious relationship between Verizon and Microsoft. But like most of you guys are saying, it is unlikely.
    10-16-2012 09:51 AM
    yeah... no. sorry but, I'm pretty skeptical of any article that lacking in details and referrring to only one vague, anonymous, unverifiable source. the concerns listed would not be just coming up now as MS and Verizon would have both known about any such issues over a year ago and so, they would have had plenty of time to work through/resolve any such issues.
    10-16-2012 10:08 AM
    Well...its not like its unprecedented. Palm had suppliers and components lined up but Verizon switched to Motorola Droid at the last minute leaving Palm screwed.
    Verizon May Cancel Plans for Palm Pre | Fast Company

Verizon has all the leverage and during negotiations they will always have the upper hand.
    - WP8 needs Verizon and not the opposite
    - Nokia needs Verizon and not the opposite so

Now to the rumor specifics
    According to the source this is due to the fact that Windows Phone 8 software will not allow Verizon proper device management. Verizon phones are required to to be able to be accessed remotely for provisioning purposes and such.
    So let me get this straight, MS, NOKIA, HTC and VERIZON just now realized ( Oct 2012) that the software doesn't work w/Verizon network....I say bah humbug! This would have been discovered early in the development cycle

Somebody forgot to tell verizon to not stick their logos on the 8X as it wont work ;)
    10-16-2012 10:11 AM
    I'm really glad our writers don't post a story on every report from an unknown source they get. It could hurt your credibility.
    That makes me feel a lot better. I only posted it to get feedback from those that were more in the know and prefaced it with the RUMOR tag accordingly. It does seem to be a little late in the game for VZW to notice such an issue.
    10-16-2012 10:28 AM
    I regret giving that site the traffic hit I just did ...
    a5cent and Villain like this.
    10-16-2012 10:29 AM
    I regret giving that site the traffic hit I just did ...
    Yeah me too. As soon as I click I was like " What the **** am I doing?". I'm not saying is on the realms of impossibility but I don't like baseless rumors and lies.
    Villain likes this.
    10-16-2012 10:38 AM
    Anybody seen this? Daily Mobile Exclusive! WP8 Phones Could be Delayed or Even Canceled On Verizon | Daily Mobile

I really hope this is just a bogus rumor as I planned to pick up a WP8 device on launch day.
    It is based as much in reality as all of the rumors regarding which devices VZW will carry. Until they announce something real, everything is simply unfounded speculation. As far as buying people citing unnamed sources, that could as easily be the person someone talks to when they are not on their meds as anything else. One could post an article online saying according to an unnamed source, Apple has decided to drop IOS in favor of Android (or Symbian). It doesn't make it any more true.
    Winterfang and aximtreo like this.
    10-16-2012 10:51 AM
    Exactly. This rumor actually thick me off. Well I mean, there's not even a Verizon in my country but Verizon fans had being suffering with their Trophies for two years now, is time for a huge upgrade :).
    10-16-2012 11:13 AM
    The bigger question is(if remote access is true): Why is this not even questioned that Verizon can have remote access to your phone? What can they see and do? I am glad I am not on Verizon, but is there any other carrier allowed this access to my personal smartphone?

If so I seriously want verified answers to my first two questions..:excl:
    Last edited by ebsn; 10-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    10-16-2012 11:16 AM
    Hmmm...more possable BS rumor... So, It looks like Windows Phone 8 or bust...
    10-16-2012 12:23 PM
    UPDATE: AT&T plant plants rumor to get more people to switch to AT&T.

Source: Me. :)
    wolf1891 likes this.
    10-16-2012 01:13 PM
    The bigger question is(if remote access is true): Why is this not even questioned that Verizon can have remote access to your phone? What can they see and do? I am glad I am not on Verizon, but is there any other carrier allowed this access to my personal smartphone?

If so I seriously want verified answers to my first two questions..:excl:
    The link says it's for provisioning, which is why this is complete BS. Obviously WP8 allows carrier provisioning. Unless of course the entire WP8 team at MS consists of drunken monkeys.

Edit: link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisi...r_provisioning
    10-16-2012 01:31 PM
    So it appears to be a load of crap.

Good, or I will launch into a rant on how Verizon is so anti-MS that they might as well be called Goopple.
    10-16-2012 01:38 PM
    The link says it's for provisioning, which is why this is complete BS. Obviously WP8 allows carrier provisioning. Unless of course the entire WP8 team at MS consists of drunken monkeys.

Edit: link: Provisioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hot Jelly Sandwiches! And it is not even April 1st.

Moving from DefCon1 to DefCon3...
    10-16-2012 01:48 PM
    I don't take rumors seriously until there is significant proof. Remember the rumor a few weeks back about how Nokia was going to sue HTC?
    palandri likes this.
    10-16-2012 02:44 PM
    Verizon draws fire for monitoring people's usage.

Verizon draws fire for monitoring app usage, browsing habits | Politics and Law - CNET News

Could this be what Microsoft doesn't want to allow them to do?
    10-16-2012 04:26 PM
    After reading that article, I think that is something the US government don't want them to do. Verizon better be careful, I smell trouble brewing.
    10-16-2012 04:33 PM
    I think they all do that to some extent. Heck, anyone selling an android phone is technically doing it. How do you think Google makes it's money.
    10-16-2012 05:30 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD