Nothing to see here / Move along

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt that that they would bail out now. They have passed the turn back stage, just think how much they have invested so far.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm really glad our writers don't post a story on every report from an unknown source they get. It could hurt your credibility.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
No. They've been working on WP8 and preparing for it for two years. They've been well aware of what the platform specs would be for a year.

Delayed? Yes. But not the entire lineup. Rollouts are delayed largely because WP8 itself is hitting a week later than initially expected.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
What a doozy of a rumor this is. If true, it would create such a backlash that will forever sour the already precarious relationship between Verizon and Microsoft. But like most of you guys are saying, it is unlikely.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah... no. sorry but, I'm pretty skeptical of any article that lacking in details and referrring to only one vague, anonymous, unverifiable source. the concerns listed would not be just coming up now as MS and Verizon would have both known about any such issues over a year ago and so, they would have had plenty of time to work through/resolve any such issues.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Well...its not like its unprecedented. Palm had suppliers and components lined up but Verizon switched to Motorola Droid at the last minute leaving Palm screwed.
Verizon May Cancel Plans for Palm Pre | Fast Company

Verizon has all the leverage and during negotiations they will always have the upper hand.
- WP8 needs Verizon and not the opposite
- Nokia needs Verizon and not the opposite so

Now to the rumor specifics
According to the source this is due to the fact that Windows Phone 8 software will not allow Verizon proper device management. Verizon phones are required to to be able to be accessed remotely for provisioning purposes and such.

So let me get this straight, MS, NOKIA, HTC and VERIZON just now realized ( Oct 2012) that the software doesn't work w/Verizon network....I say bah humbug! This would have been discovered early in the development cycle

Somebody forgot to tell verizon to not stick their logos on the 8X as it wont work ;)

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm really glad our writers don't post a story on every report from an unknown source they get. It could hurt your credibility.

That makes me feel a lot better. I only posted it to get feedback from those that were more in the know and prefaced it with the RUMOR tag accordingly. It does seem to be a little late in the game for VZW to notice such an issue.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Anybody seen this? Daily Mobile Exclusive! WP8 Phones Could be Delayed or Even Canceled On Verizon | Daily Mobile

I really hope this is just a bogus rumor as I planned to pick up a WP8 device on launch day.

It is based as much in reality as all of the rumors regarding which devices VZW will carry. Until they announce something real, everything is simply unfounded speculation. As far as buying people citing unnamed sources, that could as easily be the person someone talks to when they are not on their meds as anything else. One could post an article online saying according to an unnamed source, Apple has decided to drop IOS in favor of Android (or Symbian). It doesn't make it any more true.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. This rumor actually thick me off. Well I mean, there's not even a Verizon in my country but Verizon fans had being suffering with their Trophies for two years now, is time for a huge upgrade :).

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The bigger question is(if remote access is true): Why is this not even questioned that Verizon can have remote access to your phone? What can they see and do? I am glad I am not on Verizon, but is there any other carrier allowed this access to my personal smartphone?

If so I seriously want verified answers to my first two questions..:excl:

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The bigger question is(if remote access is true): Why is this not even questioned that Verizon can have remote access to your phone? What can they see and do? I am glad I am not on Verizon, but is there any other carrier allowed this access to my personal smartphone?

If so I seriously want verified answers to my first two questions..:excl:
The link says it's for provisioning, which is why this is complete BS. Obviously WP8 allows carrier provisioning. Unless of course the entire WP8 team at MS consists of drunken monkeys.

Edit: link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisioning#Mobile_subscriber_provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism