Juggernaut Alpha...I see you

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Earlier this fall, wpcentral ran a story about the surface phone, With the MS surface being released today and it being revealed that they had been workin on it since 2009 (before the ipad was out) it shouldnt be a surprise or a stretch of anyone's imaginiation that the R&D team is playing around with a phone.

Earlier this year, wpbench spotted a device called the Juggernaut Alpha. Well, this phone has made an appearance again and a developer reported his findings. MonWindowsPhone.com ( via wmpoweruser ) has revealed the exact map location of a phone that was spotted via its IP address. This location is none other than studio H on the microsoft campus

With GPS coordinates extracted by the developer, so we know that the famous device was used in the studio H Microsoft Redmond. Perhaps he designed this place? According to the logs dating from October 13, we also learn that it is CDMA and not GSM and it has a version of Windows Phone 8 most recent as seen previously ( build 8.0.903.0 8.0.900.0 cons). Its firmware is stamped redmond_83012_123215 .
The Juggernaut could be the phone MS is working on and adds more fuel to the fire that they may released a <surface?> phone....I say may b/c if WP8 blow up this winter quarter there may be no need to upset the cart.

From an earlier WPCentral article:
?The company notified employees this week that it will be implementing new physical security measures ? limiting employee access at four key Xbox and Interactive Entertainment Business buildings to ensure confidentiality of upcoming products.?
?The changes will affect Microsoft Studios A, B, C, and D, on the west side of state Route 520, starting early next month with Studio A and rolling out to the other buildings by the end of the month.? link
image40.png

references:
Windows Phone 'Marks Smashed by Mystery Device
Microsoft does indeed have their own Windows Phone in the works | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Le Juggernaut Alpha rep?r? ? Redmond, Studio H - Mon Windows Phone

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to wonder if Verizon's holdout on their WP8 announcements is because they may be the exclusive carrier of said mystery device. They may announce their full lineup to include the surface phone on the WP8 Launch day. Is Microsoft pulling an Apple move?

rollo132

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Aweeeeesssoooomme....although I don't think it'll be released anytime soon. Not even Apple can pull an Apple move anymore. If it were coming on launch day, seems like we would have heard SOMETHING by now.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I really think that Microsoft are keeping this in their back pocket. I have no doubt that Microsoft are nervious about Nokia and HTC being their big partners. If either HTC or Nokia don't have any success with WP this time around, they could drop it. I don't see this really happening, but neither company is seeing the success they really need to in Smartphones (with HTC obviously doing better).

I also believe that Microsoft are unhappy with Lumia being the dominant brand, although honestly, they should just be happy if the platform gets some success. I think they (MS) are so confident in the platform that they are genuinely worried that the Lumia will be a huge success and dominate the brand. If this is truly the case, then Nokia are just a pawn that Microsoft wants to control to their own end, which many have speculated.

Either way, it's be an interesting 12 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism