Schadenfruede!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello, fellow Microsoft users:

I must confess that my evil sadist side is grinning from ear to ear this morning.

All the predictable "Microsoft Surface is too expensive and unproven and destined to flop against the glorious, glorious iPad" articles are on the pro-Apple tech sites.

Right next to the articles discussing how Microsoft is sold out of pre-orders for the "too expensive" $499 version.

I've taken to responding to every article I read with the simple note that "Microsoft reports that the Surface 32 GB is now unavailable for three weeks due to exceptionally strong sales, and it has also been reported that the company has produced 3 million to 5 million units to sell this quarter. You were saying?"

The agony of the snobs is a bit tasty. This goes against the chic notion of the "post-Microsoft world," where everything is iPhones, iPads, iMacs and the occasional Android device, and we all run Google Docs and iWork and Safari on peer-to-peer networks. They're learning that the "vanquished, irrelevant Microsoft" is neither vanquished nor irrelevant, and are facing the very real threat of the tablet market being dominated by Windows within 24 months.

It was not supposed to happen this way!

And I love it.

I'm looking forward to raising one eyebrow at them and saying "oh, you still use one of THOSE?" at their iPad or iPhone, just like they do to my Windows PC and Windows Phone, really soon now. :D

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping Surface is a hit as well, but since no one has gotten their hands on one yet, I am going to take a wait and see approach. I wouldn't get too excited yet - and would definitely not make comparisons until the unit's actual performance has been tested.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not making predictions... just enjoying watching the smug get beaten out of them by the headlines. ;)

I luv it! I think Microsoft's integration will run rampant. I think the PC will sell the tablet and the tablet and xbox will sell the phone. Can't wait to see where Microsoft will be one year from now....

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about what the pro-Apple contingent thinks. I just want something that fits my needs and if that's what some other people think as well, power to them.

I can't wait for Surface Pro to arrive and truly prove that MS is in the game. After all, the Surface Pro is productivity and fun rolled in one package.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I am long-suffering. I just like watching the smug dismissiveness evaporate with a shocked gasp. :)

Well, I do dislike the Apple fanboys and their cult. But whatever they think, as long as I don't get into the same mindlessness, I guess I can let them live a life with no purpose other than to sing praises of a company they worship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb