VZW WP8 Update

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know of a possible release date now?

Some people have still said next Thursday, but so far I've not seen any official proof.

Once it goes live on their page there should be a date listed by each device.

For example, if you go here: Set Your Location You will see they have delay dates by the iPhone and the Galaxy Note II. Pre-order devices should display a date. When I check at midnight tonight, I'm hoping it says 11/15.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Some people have still said next Thursday, but so far I've not seen any official proof.

Once it goes live on their page there should be a date listed by each device.

For example, if you go here: Set Your Location You will see they have delay dates by the iPhone and the Galaxy Note II. Pre-order devices should display a date. When I check at midnight tonight, I'm hoping it says 11/15.

I wouldn't complain if the date was before 11/15

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Ohh Decisions. Do I get the 822, or wait for the Samsung which looks OH such much better. Only have one shot at this....

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Ohh Decisions. Do I get the 822, or wait for the Samsung which looks OH such much better. Only have one shot at this....

I am in the same boat as you but with the 8X. I know HTC makes some quality hardware, but not having expandable storage on a new operating system that I have yet to use makes me question how far <16GB will get me. On the other hand, if the Odyssey is in any way similar to the crap my wife's Droid Charge is, I would regret that purchase as well.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Will you keep that device for the next 20 months? If so I'd honestly wait to hear more details about the ATIV as hard as that will be. It's a hard choice for sure.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you but with the 8X. I know HTC makes some quality hardware, but not having expandable storage on a new operating system that I have yet to use makes me question how far <16GB will get me. On the other hand, if the Odyssey is in any way similar to the crap my wife's Droid Charge is, I would regret that purchase as well.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

The Odyssey should be closer to the GS3, not the Charge. I currently have the GS3 and yeah, I really like everything about it but the OS. Android is fine, I just have Android fatigue and lets face it.. I'm a MS ****** anyway. :)

The other thing that would bug me about the 8X is the lack of removable battery. In devices like the RAZR Maxx when it has a 3000+ mAh battery that's ok, but when you only have an 1800mAh, non-removable, battery that would probably start to bug me a year or so into the device.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

I think it has more to do you cant charge a pre order to the account, it has to be charged to a card...I dont work from verizon but this is what my corporate rep told me as I pre ordered the 822 today (same specs as the 8x, except screen but has removable storage). By the way on the screen thing, I know the resolution isnt as great as some other devices, but with it being a nokia black screen the higher saturation should make this a lot more bearable, just my two cents.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the input. she didn't know if it was going to be an iconic device. sounds like iconic is the system they are moving to. I know I cant preorder, but the other issue I have is they are moving my upgrade date early a month and a half for the device (which I do appreciate :) ) So I couldn't preorder since my upgrade date hasn't hit.

I am hoping to be able to call in on the 13th or 15th or whatever, and just bill it to the account. if not...I gotta call the VZW store that is about 45 minutes away, see if they have it in stock, and then drive there and bill it to the account there :-/

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW sales again. Guy I talked to was very helpful . Said bill to account was available and that if the phone was shipping by the 13th, then you should be able to order it on the 13th. Said plenty of phones will be available, so don't worry about preordering.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So I got the 8X in blue for my work phone. Each store will have at least 4 Reps with Win8 devices so I think VZW is definitely ready to push this.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So I got the 8X in blue for my work phone. Each store will have at least 4 Reps with Win8 devices so I think VZW is definitely ready to push this.

Good to hear from you again H. Its been awhile since I've seen you on the boards. Any news on actual release dates for the 822 or 8X? I would assume the 13th but not putting money on it.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how the 8X and 822 are on reception? If the 8X is as good as my Rezound that will be nice and hopefully the 822 is better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)