Which phone are you going to get on launch day!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
920 in white!

I asked my wife about cyan and red... She laughed at me and warned mr that I would be bored of them in weeks. She know me through and through, so white it is for me! (ps I am tired of black, with my past 7 phones being in that color)

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!
Iam getting white too. Had a black and cyan 900 and now a white and love it. So will stick with white. Love changing tiles and all colors go great as well as light and dark theme. Very versatile :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. Any non square rectangle with a 4.3" diagonal will be shaped exactly the same, geometry and math say so, if you choose to disagree, I'll glad go into more detail a to why I'm right. Aspect ratio has nothing to do with display size. Its about three pixel layout in that screen. Some screen sizes work better for certain aspect ratios. For example, you could a 4:3 aspect pixel layout on a 4.3 inch screen, but it would make things look squished or pinches. but the two Microsoft has chosen are so close that they both work on the same size displays.

Aspect ratio has nothing to do with pixels, it stems from videography and it is used by measuring distance. Your distance is measured in units of whatever you like, E.G. pixels. Aspect ratios can only be scaled because reshaping the rectangle would form a different aspect ratio.

Last time I looked, a 16:9 TV at 32" measured diagonally is not the same shape as a 16:10 monitor measuring the same size diagonally, I know that if I rotate one of them they still won't match up.

So, a 16:9 screen scaled to a 32" Diagonal measurement will still not have the same shape as a 16:10 screen scaled to measure 32" diagonally. as far as pixels go, I could put one pixel in a 60" 16:9 TV if I wanted to and it will not effect the aspect ratio or size of the display in any way shape or form, but it would be the worlds most useless TV.

Last edited:

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm on Verizon, it looks like my choices are going to be either the HTC 8X or the Nokia 822. One thing that really makes me lean towards the 822 is the super sensitive touch screen. That feature really appeals to me since I live in the midwest and would be able to use gloves in the winter and still operate my phone without taking them off. On the other hand I do like the 8X alot due to its higher res screen over the 822. Decisions, decisions. What does everyone else think?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm on Verizon, it looks like my choices are going to be either the HTC 8X or the Nokia 822. One thing that really makes me lean towards the 822 is the super sensitive touch screen. That feature really appeals to me since I live in the midwest and would be able to use gloves in the winter and still operate my phone without taking them off. On the other hand I do like the 8X alot due to its higher res screen over the 822. Decisions, decisions. What does everyone else think?

I agree with that, It get's too cold here in Nebraska...

So a Huskers fan that lives in Iowa. No faith in Iowa Western?

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Verizon as well, and I am able to upgrade on November 5. Right now I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up an 8X; the 822 just doesn't do it for me I guess. I was going back and forth between the 920 and the 8X until it was determined that the 920 would be an AT&T exclusive.

I'll probably try to get a hands-on with the 920 before I make a final decision, but it will really have to blow me away to make me switch to AT&T.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon as well and I think that the only way that I would get the 822 is if it is quite a bit cheaper than the 8X as I will be paying full retail. I rarely wear gloves, even up in Michigan, so the super sensitive touch display won't mean much to me. As you said, the screen resolution is also a huge selling point of the 8X, especially considering the fact that they both have the same size screen. At least in my situation I'll only have to wait 11 months until I'm eligible for an upgrade so the 822 wouldn't have to last me as long as those who are using an upgrade. While I'm almost totally sold on the 8X, I'll give the 822 a look when I head down to a Verizon store on launch day.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I would weigh the other factors. For example, how important are things like skyping in HD (8X win) or expandable storage (822 win), etc.

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920

I'm currently on Verizon and will be switching to AT&T as soon as the Lumia 920 is available. I was on AT&T for many years, had the first iPhone, some Blackberries, and some older flip type phones and have never understood why everyone loves to hate on them so much. Their network has always worked fine for me. I also live in NYC so maybe that makes a difference, but once I get another hands on with the Lumia 920, I expect I'll be leaving the At&T store with a red one in hand.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Iowa here too... No way I'm going for a low res screen on the 822. The 822 details are not official yet, are they? Will it have the same screen the 920 has?

The 8X has always been my 3rd choice after the ATIV then the 920, but if that's all there is at launch on Verizon then so be it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know yet. I had a huge problem the other days and couldn't pay my cellphone bill, then I have rent this month so they are going to cut my services. But I hate my carrier so much I'm on the verge of ruining my credit and never pay them a cent.

I don't know what to do to be honest. I could open a contract with T-mobile but I'm pretty weary of Windows Phone 8. The secrecy rubs me the wrong way.

Don't let temporary frustrations convince you to ruin your credit.

They suffer a very minor inconvenience. You suffer a hit for years.

It's not worth it.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know yet. I had a huge problem the other days and couldn't pay my cellphone bill, then I have rent this month so they are going to cut my services. But I hate my carrier so much I'm on the verge of ruining my credit and never pay them a cent.

I don't know what to do to be honest. I could open a contract with T-mobile but I'm pretty weary of Windows Phone 8. The secrecy rubs me the wrong way.
I can honestly say pay the bill then leave. I did the opposite about 9 years ago and it cost me way more in fees and deposits from that bad spot on my credit then the cost of just paying and leaving.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still holding out for a launch ATIV on Verizon, but I doubt it. I'll have to settle for the 8X with the smaller screen, battery and storage.

But since Windows Phone 8 is going to rock, its like settling for the slighly less hot chick... she's still hot bro... she's still hot. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss