Which phone are you going to get on launch day!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Had my heart set on 920 on Verizon, but now that I know that's not happening ill just wait on it. The 8X is fantastic, but not "wowing" so ill just wait until a Microsoft branded phone (I will buy instantly no matter what) or Nokia flagship on Verizon

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
strongly considering a htc 8x... its beautiful...

but the thought of a MS branded phone is even more appealing... so if i do upgrade, it will be the 8x. $99 is a no brainer

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Right now, my plan is two 8X devices: a blue one for my wife and a red one for myself. Why the 8X? Well, my wife doesn't do much other than Facebook and some web browsing on her netbook, and she really won't do much else with a smartphone (other than calls, emails, and messaging). I use my current Focus for communications, information, and some internet use. Neither of us need 32GB of storage, since we don't load up with games or music (if I'm playing music, it's via a streaming service). The only real media we have on our phones are pictures made with the camera, but we also have a mini DSLR, so the phones are more for those priceless pictures when we don't have the mini DSLR or when we're just out and about. We'd each get a lot out of the wide-angle FFC, and I'm a heavy Skype user, so that wide-angle FFC would work out better for me in that regard as well.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Right now, my plan is two 8X devices: a blue one for my wife and a red one for myself. Why the 8X? Well, my wife doesn't do much other than Facebook and some web browsing on her netbook, and she really won't do much else with a smartphone (other than calls, emails, and messaging). I use my current Focus for communications, information, and some internet use. Neither of us need 32GB of storage, since we don't load up with games or music (if I'm playing music, it's via a streaming service). The only real media we have on our phones are pictures made with the camera, but we also have a mini DSLR, so the phones are more for those priceless pictures when we don't have the mini DSLR or when we're just out and about. We'd each get a lot out of the wide-angle FFC, and I'm a heavy Skype user, so that wide-angle FFC would work out better for me in that regard as well.

There are alot of good things about the 8X. I would get one but I don't want a small device, I want a big one :D. The Ativ seems like the best for what I am looking for but I dislike how it looks. My 1st choice was the 920, but it's not on Verizon so the 822 may get my vote... possibly. If I really don't like the 822 and the Ativ cost's 200$ then I will get the 8X. My worry about the 8X is HTC's bad track record for build quaity. I don't want a phone that breaks on me every time I turn around.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
There are alot of good things about the 8X. I would get one but I don't want a small device, I want a big one :D. The Ativ seems like the best for what I am looking for but I dislike how it looks. My 1st choice was the 920, but it's not on Verizon so the 822 may get my vote... possibly. If I really don't like the 822 and the Ativ cost's 200$ then I will get the 8X. My worry about the 8X is HTC's bad track record for build quaity. I don't want a phone that breaks on me every time I turn around.

Shyt man...we are practically in the same boat...i have exactly the same point of view about everything u just mentioned. I too am in a bit of a quandary. HTC 8X or Lumia. But considering the fact that i won't be able to afford 920, pulls me back to 8X. I just can't stand Samsung so Ativ was never even an option.

All that leaves only 8X. Don't know if i am happy or sad...

Sent from my RaZr 4X HD...

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on launch day for me. I'm courious to see what happens with 7.8 and also to see if a microsoft surface phone will actually appear.

For now I'm excited to see all the wp8 offerings. I read this morning that Best Buy has sold out their 920 preorder

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting there seem to be so many people holding out on buying a phone at launch. Part of me agrees and thinks its likely a very smart move, but the Windows phone lover in me really wants to see these new generation of devices succeed. For that reason and the fact that I'm incredibly satisfied with the 920 hardware, I'll probably buy one in the first week.

I do plan on taking the wait and see approach however with the Windows RT products. I'll prob wait for a second gen Surface or some other Windows RT device that comes along after CES next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa