Preorder dates?

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Went into AT&T Store and a Best Buy store, and none of them had a clue about the Lumia 920. So I'm just going to wait till its up on AT&T site, which will hopefully be tonight.

The worst was the manager at AT&T opened the door at the store, and I asked him before I walked in, "Are you able to take pre-orders for the Lumia 920?"

And he responds with "Lumia 920?" like I was speaking a foreign language. That made me feel really uncomfortable as the manager sounded like he didn't know what the 920 even was..

Ugh..

So nice to see AT&T is going to do a repeat. They did this with the Lumia 900 when I tried to give them a try. No wonder Nokia did not sell as many Windows Phones as they should have with the 900. I have a bad feeling about Nokia's future by having their new flagship phone exclusive on AT&T for 6 months.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
its not an excuse, but these guys are more concerned with the employee schedules than the product. even the sales people probably have no knowledge beyond the 3 minute long "training" clips.

we could hope for alot... but lets be real, they sell cell phones, these are not your best and brightest.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
AT&T site seems to be back up, ive logged in and went to upgrades but no 920 in sight yet.

EDIT: Like many others here decided not to wait - ordered from best buy.

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Best Buy site has the camera a little downgraded. Camera is suppost to be 8.7 mp, but per Best Buy it is only 8. HMM, I wonder if they downgraded anything else.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
its not an excuse, but these guys are more concerned with the employee schedules than the product. even the sales people probably have no knowledge beyond the 3 minute long "training" clips.

we could hope for alot... but lets be real, they sell cell phones, these are not your best and brightest.

A rep actually told me not to buy a WP8 because it would be "too complicated" to learn. I've had 3 different iPhones and an Android... My 15 minutes with the 900 in store was the most streamline experience I have personally had with a phone ;) here I come 920!

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
depending how they treat preorders, probably rather sell you a phone now, rather than next month. assuming the sale counts for november 4th.

Or maybe they get a higher commission for the higher pricetag of iphones and GS3.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So nice to see AT&T is going to do a repeat. They did this with the Lumia 900 when I tried to give them a try. No wonder Nokia did not sell as many Windows Phones as they should have with the 900. I have a bad feeling about Nokia's future by having their new flagship phone exclusive on AT&T for 6 months.

Fortunately, HTC is going to save the day (well, except for AT&T users, who won't get a 16 GB option, apparently).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3