Preorder dates?

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
With the official launch of Win Phone 8 a week away, I was wondering if anyone had any confirmed preorder dates for the various phones or do we have to wait for Oct 29 before any preorders start? I'm also curious about the order date for the Lenovo Thinkpad 2 if anyone has any details...

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy will start taking pre-orders for the 8X and 920 tomorrow (10/21). The contract price of the 8x is 99.99 and 149.99 for the 920. Unfortunately, the only color options are Blue for the 8X and Black for the 920.

How do I know this? Well I do work in BB Mobile, and this is what showed up in our employee news. Yes, the 8X contract price is 50 dollars less than Walmart's.

All that is required is a 50 dollar deposit. So to be quite honest, I am not sure if the contract prices listed above reflect that of after the deposit or not. I read it a few times over, and it doesn't seem like that is the case.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If mmoon's prices translate over to AT&T then I am impressed. With Android devices launching at $300, this is a smart play.

pandalove1027

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So it's midnight on the West coast so I went onto Best Buy's website to just see and I found a link that actually says "pre-order Windows Phone 8 devices" but when I clicked it it said "no matches found". So maybe it's not AT midnight but yay for tomorrow!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It wont let me, i add it too my cart but when i go to cart it is empty. I wont order from them anyway do to past pre orders always being late. Maybe cause i am trying to buy retail and not upgrade. Will wait for at&t as planned. Nice to see stores starting though :) come on Nov 4th
Broke down and pre ordered from BB

Last edited:

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Went into AT&T Store and a Best Buy store, and none of them had a clue about the Lumia 920. So I'm just going to wait till its up on AT&T site, which will hopefully be tonight.

The worst was the manager at AT&T opened the door at the store, and I asked him before I walked in, "Are you able to take pre-orders for the Lumia 920?"

And he responds with "Lumia 920?" like I was speaking a foreign language. That made me feel really uncomfortable as the manager sounded like he didn't know what the 920 even was..

Ugh..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3