View Poll Results: How confident are you that the Lumia 920 variant is coming to VZW?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still pretty confident

9 15.52%
  • Eh, I give it a 50% chance

10 17.24%
  • On the last strings of hope

14 24.14%
  • No, it's not coming.

25 43.10%
10-25-2012 07:24 PM
35 12
tools
    It's also worth noting that if you can't place/keep a call, you probably don't have enough signal to effectively use most other features on your smartphone.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-24-2012 03:32 PM
    The real question should be...at this point does it even matter if a Verizon 9xx variant is coming? How long are you going to wait before you jump ship for At&T or buy an 8X or some other Wp8 device?
    snowmutt likes this.
    10-24-2012 04:28 PM
    The real question should be...at this point does it even matter if a Verizon 9xx variant is coming? How long are you going to wait before you jump ship for At&T or buy an 8X or some other Wp8 device?
    Good question. I'm planning on looking at an 8X at VZW, then at a 920 at AT&T.

If I really like the 920 better it will be so long VZW, hello AT&T. I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone 4.
    snowmutt likes this.
    10-24-2012 05:07 PM
    I wish at&t didn't suck bawls in my area. They barely have 3g let alone 4. Sprint is about the same as at&t in my area so if Verizon ever pulls my unlimited I'm going to sprint wp8 or not. Heck, I would probably relegate myself back to a dumbphone and get an ipod touch for when in wifi areas.
    10-24-2012 05:22 PM
    Simple, I will not wait for the 9xx, I will simply upgrade and move on.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-24-2012 05:52 PM
    Well yes it does matter. But simply if it isn't coming, I'm buying another WP8 device for VZW. I'm getting the ATIV S instead, BUT, if the ATIV S doesn't come then I don't know if I'm gonna upgrade... 8X feels too low for me.
    10-24-2012 06:39 PM
    I don't think it is coming. If anything I could see them getting it right before the next wave of wp9 or whatever they will call it comes.
    10-25-2012 01:07 PM
    I didn't vote, mostly because you asked me not to (I am an evil AT&T user), but I still believe Nokia will bring a 920 cousin to Verizon. Big Red is not a carrier that feels rushed. They believe their network sells their phones and that people will stay for the network. So far, it is hard to argue with the results as they are the largest provider, and they do it with the highest data plan costs and often the highest cost devices on contract. AT&T believes they can get a user base to jump ship to their network base on a better array of devices.

AT&T gave Nokia some cash, and said give us an exclusive on your premium device for a period of time so we have something to entice new customers.

Verizon said fine: Give us a 822, and come talk to us when you want to push a premium device to 100 million customers.

Nokia, not being stupid, took the money from AT&T and will not wait one second longer then the aggrement calls for to get a varient to Verizon.

My opinion, of course.

Until then, @mcphersc comment #27 hits the nail right on the proverbial head. Is Verizon right, will you stay for the network and take what's there, or is AT&T right, and you move to where the better selections will be?
    10-25-2012 06:14 PM
    To me, AT&T has good coverage and LTE everywhere I need (California) so this Verizon user is serious considering leaving VZW for the first time in a long time to get a 920. I am tired of being slave to the carriers waiting for that next device. I have been off contract for a while now and using a lowly, but trusty Trophy for a long time now and a much worse device before that. I want what I want this time, and if VZW isn't giving it to me (whatever the reason may be) then I may just go elsewhere for now. And in 18 months or so, who knows, I may come back if the situation is right for me.
    Bkr11 likes this.
    10-25-2012 07:17 PM
    I'm kindly stuck. Right now I'm with verizon and have had better service. AT&T isn't to bad around here. I was with them for over 10 years. I just got to know where the deadline spots were. My work phone is also with verizon. I may switch back to at&t so my personal phone is on a different carrier. That way when my work phone doesn't have signal, my personal phone will.
    10-25-2012 07:24 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD