(Please, Verizon users only) Do you still think the Lumia 920 variant is coming?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless we hear something in the next week or so, we aint getting s.h.i.t. as a 9XX goes.

The 9XX needs to come within a month or 2 or it's old news. No one who watches sites like this will buy a phone that is already 6-8 months old after the exclusive agreement is up(unless used and cheap). And rumored a Surface device coming spring of 2013, if your going to wait, you might as well wait for that(even then, it might be GSM only device).

I sometimes hate Verizon...but, 99% of the time, the call does go through and isn't that the most important thing on a phone ?

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not at launch. Probably not this year. Maybe we'll see a high-end Nokia sometime early next year, but I'm not waiting on a maybe that's only supported by the vaguest of rumors.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Unless we hear something in the next week or so, we aint getting s.h.i.t. as a 9XX goes.

The 9XX needs to come within a month or 2 or it's old news. No one who watches sites like this will buy a phone that is already 6-8 months old after the exclusive agreement is up(unless used and cheap). And rumored a Surface device coming spring of 2013, if your going to wait, you might as well wait for that(even then, it might be GSM only device).

I sometimes hate Verizon...but, 99% of the time, the call does go through and isn't that the most important thing on a phone ?

I don't know about everybody else, but I spend about 50 seconds on a phonecall a day, about 7 hours on the internet, an hour on games/apps, and allllll day listening to music/podcasts. Send about 100 texts a day too.

So no... I don't think the calling is important

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about everybody else, but I spend about 50 seconds on a phonecall a day, about 7 hours on the internet, an hour on games/apps, and allllll day listening to music/podcasts. Send about 100 texts a day too.

So no... I don't think the calling is important

BUT, if someone calls, do you want to get it ?

The point of the device is the phone first, then everything else. If not just get yourself a tablet (win RT ?), and you dont have to use the phone. You should be able to do everything else with 3rd party apps.

BUt, if you want that call to go through, when someone calls,then you DO think the calling is important. Maybe not AS imporant as the other features but, it still is important

and I rest my case...

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's also worth noting that if you can't place/keep a call, you probably don't have enough signal to effectively use most other features on your smartphone.

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The real question should be...at this point does it even matter if a Verizon 9xx variant is coming? How long are you going to wait before you jump ship for At&T or buy an 8X or some other Wp8 device?

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The real question should be...at this point does it even matter if a Verizon 9xx variant is coming? How long are you going to wait before you jump ship for At&T or buy an 8X or some other Wp8 device?

Good question. I'm planning on looking at an 8X at VZW, then at a 920 at AT&T.

If I really like the 920 better it will be so long VZW, hello AT&T. I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone 4.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish at&t didn't suck bawls in my area. They barely have 3g let alone 4. Sprint is about the same as at&t in my area so if Verizon ever pulls my unlimited I'm going to sprint wp8 or not. Heck, I would probably relegate myself back to a dumbphone and get an ipod touch for when in wifi areas.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Well yes it does matter. But simply if it isn't coming, I'm buying another WP8 device for VZW. I'm getting the ATIV S instead, BUT, if the ATIV S doesn't come then I don't know if I'm gonna upgrade... 8X feels too low for me.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is coming. If anything I could see them getting it right before the next wave of wp9 or whatever they will call it comes.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I didn't vote, mostly because you asked me not to (I am an evil AT&T user), but I still believe Nokia will bring a 920 cousin to Verizon. Big Red is not a carrier that feels rushed. They believe their network sells their phones and that people will stay for the network. So far, it is hard to argue with the results as they are the largest provider, and they do it with the highest data plan costs and often the highest cost devices on contract. AT&T believes they can get a user base to jump ship to their network base on a better array of devices.

AT&T gave Nokia some cash, and said give us an exclusive on your premium device for a period of time so we have something to entice new customers.

Verizon said fine: Give us a 822, and come talk to us when you want to push a premium device to 100 million customers.

Nokia, not being stupid, took the money from AT&T and will not wait one second longer then the aggrement calls for to get a varient to Verizon.

My opinion, of course.

Until then, @mcphersc comment #27 hits the nail right on the proverbial head. Is Verizon right, will you stay for the network and take what's there, or is AT&T right, and you move to where the better selections will be?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
To me, AT&T has good coverage and LTE everywhere I need (California) so this Verizon user is serious considering leaving VZW for the first time in a long time to get a 920. I am tired of being slave to the carriers waiting for that next device. I have been off contract for a while now and using a lowly, but trusty Trophy for a long time now and a much worse device before that. I want what I want this time, and if VZW isn't giving it to me (whatever the reason may be) then I may just go elsewhere for now. And in 18 months or so, who knows, I may come back if the situation is right for me.

passntyme

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm kindly stuck. Right now I'm with verizon and have had better service. AT&T isn't to bad around here. I was with them for over 10 years. I just got to know where the deadline spots were. My work phone is also with verizon. I may switch back to at&t so my personal phone is on a different carrier. That way when my work phone doesn't have signal, my personal phone will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss