How is Nokia so stupid for not releasing the 920 on Verizon?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Nokia could easily convert iPhone people to 920s. The problem is that they'll ask "is it on T-Mobile/Verizon?" and when they hear they have to switch carriers, interest will instantly vanish for 90% of them.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia could easily convert iPhone people to 920s. The problem is that they'll ask "is it on T-Mobile/Verizon?" and when they hear they have to switch carriers, interest will instantly vanish for 90% of them.
2/3 of people to be more exact. And considering most people are on contract on AT&T, even less.

EDIT: Even more I mean. Even more can't get the 920.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for a response to this. HTC fans have taken over the thread with their tears from having to settle.
Or how about you give US (I'm not an HTC ******) a link that Verizon denied it? :p

Point is Verizon would never deny the 920, it's a great device and if they can get the 822 then they could get the 922.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Point is Verizon would never deny the 920, it's a great device and if they can get the 822 then they could get the 922.

Of course they would. Windows phone has 3% marketshare and Microsoft is helping HTC subsidize the 8X.

AT&T is now footing the entire bill for Nokia.

So glad I left Verizon.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Of course they would. Windows phone has 3% marketshare and Microsoft is helping HTC subsidize the 8X.

AT&T is now footing the entire bill for Nokia.

So glad I left Verizon.
If they wouldn't carry the 922 BECAUSE of the 3% marketshare, then they wouldn't carry the 8X or the 822. Derp.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
If they wouldn't carry the 922 because of the 3% marketshare, then they wouldn't carry the 8X or the 822. Derp.

So...I'm going to assume you are young and just have no idea what I just said. Because you in no way properly responded to it. Or you just don't know what subsidization is.

And you keep talking about a 922 that doesn't exist.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
So...I'm going to assume you are young and just have no idea what I just said. Because you in no way properly responded to it. Or you just don't know what subsidization is.

And you keep talking about a 922 that doesn't exist.
For what reason would they deny the 920/922/920 variant? If it was to exist

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, a WMPoweruser "rumor."

Sorry, fell for that before when they claimed to have inside knowledge that Nokia was planning to sue HTC over the 8 series.

As the old song goes, I won't be fooled again.

Besides, Nokia is KNOWN to get subsidies. If subsidies guarantee easy availability of handsets, then Nokia should have an easy time of getting them on every US carrier.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh, a WMPoweruser "rumor."

Sorry, fell for that before when they claimed to have inside knowledge that Nokia was planning to sue HTC over the 8 series.

As the old song goes, I won't be fooled again.

Besides, Nokia is KNOWN to get subsidies. If subsidies guarantee easy availability of handsets, then Nokia should have an easy time of getting them on every US carrier.

They did get a subsidy. AT&T. Who is footing the entire bill plus marketing.

Verizon only cares about those trash Droid phones.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Now, why are we having this argument again? Microsoft is going to unveil WP8 tomorrow. Why can't you guys just look forward to that instead of having the same argument ten times over? I just keep hearing the same stuff over and over again.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
OK, Nokia people, your argument is inconsistent.

First, you claim Nokia is better than HTC and can sell more WPs worldwide. Then, you claim that Nokia cannot sell as many WPs as HTC in the US, since HTC is a more credible brand, and were thus forced into another brain dead exclusive, destined to fail.

Which is it? It can't be both.

People often stay with brands that they are familiar with.

HTC and Samsung have an established reputation for smartphones in the US. Nokia does not. To many, they are an interesting unknown.

Nokia first needs to establish their brand name in Smartphones. That is most quickly done with the help of a carrier pushing it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what other people are saying, but HTC is going the right route. Why? Because OBVIOUSLY if you want to sell more devices, you have to make the device AVAILABLE to more people. Any idiot can understand that.

Are you insinuating that those that understand Nokia's strategy are idiots?

Perhaps you are making the scenario sound much more one dimensional and simple than it really is. Yet seeing other facets is somehow idiotic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb