11-02-2012 07:15 PM
41 12
tools
    As good but shinier and harder. No soft touch matte finish. Still nice though.
    What a conundrum. 8x, 822, or wait for the odyssey. I love Samsung hardware but their reception is usually subpar. I know the 8x has a better screen and camera than the 822 but less storage. Why can't the odyssey come out at the same time. Light a fire under their arse cheeks Honestabebread. Lol
    10-30-2012 10:51 PM
    Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 822

This link the from Verizon stating the 822 is 100$ AFTER the mail in rebate.

For that price I may just go to AT&T.
    Last edited by ironsoulreaver; 10-30-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    10-30-2012 11:17 PM
    Price is now $99 after a $50 MIR.
    As far as I know the inductive back will be sold separately, but the Spectrum 2 is coming with the inductive back, so who knows. There are very informative posts in the Verizon page viewable by customers. Just go to VZW.com, then click explore and look around. The articles hit on price, accessories, specs, etc.
    Probably preaching to the choir, but that's really too bad. I was hoping Verizon would have a nice, attractive price for those who wanted an entry into Windows Phone. Dang.

Still no word on off contract pricing?
    10-31-2012 12:02 AM
    For on-contract folks, it'll probably be available cheaper from Amazon, Wirefly, or Best Buy shortly after launch.
    10-31-2012 12:08 PM
    Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 822

This link the from Verizon stating the 822 is 100$ AFTER the mail in rebate.

For that price I may just go to AT&T.
    Yeah, definitely not as good a price as I originally had hoped. I thinking $99 before the rebate. The slide at the "big" reveal indicated it would be $49. What a kick in the nuts.:(
    10-31-2012 04:15 PM
    I'm very torn now that only $50 separates the 8x and 822 and especially since VZW 8X will now have wireless charging like the 822.
    10-31-2012 04:20 PM
    I wouldn't be shocked if the press release has the price wrong. ****, they may not even have it completely worked out yet. After all, Thanksgiving isn't that far away but they can't give us a solid release date yet.
    10-31-2012 04:54 PM
    I wouldn't be shocked if the press release has the price wrong. ****, they may not even have it completely worked out yet. After all, Thanksgiving isn't that far away but they can't give us a solid release date yet.
    There's no release date yet because needs to get their apps up and running. When I was hands on with the 8X, when you clicked NFL Mobile or VZ Navigator, it showed a promo page. Once these apps are done the phones will be launched.
    10-31-2012 10:22 PM
    There's no release date yet because needs to get their apps up and running. When I was hands on with the 8X, when you clicked NFL Mobile or VZ Navigator, it showed a promo page. Once these apps are done the phones will be launched.
    It only pains me slightly to know that the release of the 8X is being stalled due to applications I intend to uninstall immediately after turning the phone on.
    10-31-2012 11:23 PM
    It only pains me slightly to know that the release of the 8X is being stalled due to applications I intend to uninstall immediately after turning the phone on.
    I agree, I also read these applications won't be uninstallable. I don't see the point of porting VZ Navigator which requires a monthy subscription to an OS that includes a premium application that does the same thing for free.
    11-01-2012 12:33 AM
    I agree, I also read these applications won't be uninstallable.
    That would make me...in a word, upset. Being able to get rid of junk like that is one of the reasons that I want to get away from Verizon's Android selection. Ugh.

Honestabebread, any idea if this is true or not? :) Your information has been a huge help.
    Last edited by fierywater; 11-01-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    11-01-2012 09:34 AM
    That would make me...in a word, upset. Being able to get rid of junk like that is one of the reasons that I want to get away from Verizon's Android selection. Ugh.

Honestabebread, any idea if this is true or not? :) Your information has been a huge help.
    You could uninstall My Verizon Mobile, NFL Mobile, and VZ Navigator. Backup Assistant I don't think you could uninstall but even if you don't use or don't care about Backup Assistant, it is a GOD SEND because like 70% of customers have no clue how to back up contacts.
    fierywater likes this.
    11-02-2012 07:46 AM
    That could be worse. I just didn't want to have NFL Mobile staring me in the face forever.
    11-02-2012 01:10 PM
    Evidently some people pre ordered this through best buy. No idea how since I can't find it in their system.
    11-02-2012 02:18 PM
    Evidently some people pre ordered this through best buy. No idea how since I can't find it in their system.
    I wonder how much they are at best buy.
    11-02-2012 03:52 PM
    Looking into it now. It would be helpful to know the SKU at least, but I haven't seen anything in their "system".

EDIT: Dead search result: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=c561UG75
    11-02-2012 07:15 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD