Lumia 822 officially announced. 100$ on a two year contract.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
That sounds nice, I know is a 8MP Carls Seizz camera but I'll need to see comparisons. The camera can either be fantastic (N9) or Mediocre (900).

The price definitely suits it at 49$. Is even thicker than the 820 btw.

The pics of the 822 make it look super thick. I know it is thicker than the 820 (9.9 mm). So I was curious to see how bad it's going to be. I compared the thickness of the HTC Trophy (11.96mm according to VZW website) and the Nokia 822 (11.2 mm according to Nokia website). So it is a bit thinner than the legacy Trophy device. My wife has the Trophy and it doesn't seem that thick at all.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Price is now $99 after a $50 MIR.
As far as I know the inductive back will be sold separately, but the Spectrum 2 is coming with the inductive back, so who knows. There are very informative posts in the Verizon page viewable by customers. Just go to VZW.com, then click explore and look around. The articles hit on price, accessories, specs, etc.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As good but shinier and harder. No soft touch matte finish. Still nice though.

What a conundrum. 8x, 822, or wait for the odyssey. I love Samsung hardware but their reception is usually subpar. I know the 8x has a better screen and camera than the 822 but less storage. Why can't the odyssey come out at the same time. Light a fire under their arse cheeks Honestabebread. Lol

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Price is now $99 after a $50 MIR.
As far as I know the inductive back will be sold separately, but the Spectrum 2 is coming with the inductive back, so who knows. There are very informative posts in the Verizon page viewable by customers. Just go to VZW.com, then click explore and look around. The articles hit on price, accessories, specs, etc.

Probably preaching to the choir, but that's really too bad. I was hoping Verizon would have a nice, attractive price for those who wanted an entry into Windows Phone. Dang.

Still no word on off contract pricing?

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be shocked if the press release has the price wrong. ****, they may not even have it completely worked out yet. After all, Thanksgiving isn't that far away but they can't give us a solid release date yet.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be shocked if the press release has the price wrong. ****, they may not even have it completely worked out yet. After all, Thanksgiving isn't that far away but they can't give us a solid release date yet.

There's no release date yet because needs to get their apps up and running. When I was hands on with the 8X, when you clicked NFL Mobile or VZ Navigator, it showed a promo page. Once these apps are done the phones will be launched.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There's no release date yet because needs to get their apps up and running. When I was hands on with the 8X, when you clicked NFL Mobile or VZ Navigator, it showed a promo page. Once these apps are done the phones will be launched.

It only pains me slightly to know that the release of the 8X is being stalled due to applications I intend to uninstall immediately after turning the phone on.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It only pains me slightly to know that the release of the 8X is being stalled due to applications I intend to uninstall immediately after turning the phone on.

I agree, I also read these applications won't be uninstallable. I don't see the point of porting VZ Navigator which requires a monthy subscription to an OS that includes a premium application that does the same thing for free.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I also read these applications won't be uninstallable.

That would make me...in a word, upset. Being able to get rid of junk like that is one of the reasons that I want to get away from Verizon's Android selection. Ugh.

Honestabebread, any idea if this is true or not? :) Your information has been a huge help.

Last edited:

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
That would make me...in a word, upset. Being able to get rid of junk like that is one of the reasons that I want to get away from Verizon's Android selection. Ugh.

Honestabebread, any idea if this is true or not? :) Your information has been a huge help.

You could uninstall My Verizon Mobile, NFL Mobile, and VZ Navigator. Backup Assistant I don't think you could uninstall but even if you don't use or don't care about Backup Assistant, it is a GOD SEND because like 70% of customers have no clue how to back up contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb