Good news for VZW folks

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as how I will definitely be getting the 8X, I may have to check this out. It would be nice to reduce the wear and tear on the USB port a little and not have to fumble around with cables.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Cool!

I didn't care too much for the wireless charging of the 920 - kind of gimmicky. But it was a feature that 8X didn't have.

Now all we need are more lenses for the 8X that match city lens, and the phones are nearly identical...

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it doesn't sound like Verizon will offer 2 models...it sounds like wireless charging capabilities will simply be built into the Verizon 8X's.

My concerns are, 1.) will this add significant weight to the device? 2.) will this affect the battery size/performance?

Can anybody answer these questions?

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it doesn't sound like Verizon will offer 2 models...it sounds like wireless charging capabilities will simply be built into the Verizon 8X's.

My concerns are, 1.) will this add significant weight to the device? 2.) will this affect the battery size/performance?

Can anybody answer these questions?

The article states that there will be no increased thickness to the device -I personally wouldn't think the wireless charging module/chip would be substantial enough to change the weight of the device or cause them to shrink down the battery. but I'm no expert so I can't say for sure :\

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The article states that there will be no increased thickness to the device -I personally wouldn't think the wireless charging module/chip would be substantial enough to change the weight of the device or cause them to shrink down the battery. but I'm no expert so I can't say for sure :\

wireless charging doesn't add weight.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ooh, that's cool. I guess I should start looking at Qi charging pads to see if there are any decent looking ones that cost less than Nokia's. The Duracell ones are priced right, but are really plain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs