11-09-2012 09:12 AM
29 12
tools
    You have run into an audiophile. A strange beast from another dimension or maybe another forum. There is no arguing with them and while he may or may not be right he will jamb his righteous point of view down your throat. I know from experience because I was an apprentice audiophile but never an overbearing one. I was never one to criticize anyone elses taste in cars, motorcycles, sound systems or phones. Maybe that is why I am not much of an audiophile anymore..........calfee
    11-01-2012 11:11 PM
    Bro you're not going with me. If I have my beats plugged in and I am comparing it with the program ON and OFF, and ON sounds BETTER, HOW is it a gimmick? It is not.

And I don't use Instagram filters, they're crap. :P

And the Beats program/software doesn't work without real Beats headphones.

If it sounds BETTER, then it is NOT a gimmick. Like I said, please try it out before saying. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE here.

Please watch the video below at the time I have set it at.

HTC Rezound Software Tour - YouTube
    I'm going with you just fine. I understand that it makes the music "better" sounding and for the average person that is all they care about. For a trained ear with alot of audio experience they can tell whats really happening. The video was about as informative as looking at grass grow.

This article runs scientific tests on it... It's an EQ with a Compressor. HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review -- Engadget

EQ is a gimmick, Compressor not so much. Compression used properly can help bring out some audio but not allways. It still comes at a usually not noticable cost though. If your listening to a song that was produced in a professional studio and you have a good audio setup then you shouldn't need it. Thats all I am saying.
    Last edited by ironsoulreaver; 11-02-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    11-01-2012 11:49 PM
    Is the odyssey the ativ? Any new news?
    11-02-2012 09:19 AM
    I'm gonna drag this thread back to the topic at hand. Verizon launched Lumina 822 and HTC 8X today. I'm torn on weather I should wait for the Samsung. I cannot imagine that anyone in their right mind can have a "Flagship" phone without an SD Slot. The 822 has an SD slot and the same stinking processor as the 8X. Should I just skip 'em both and wait for the Samsung, with larger screen, and SD slot?
    11-09-2012 09:12 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD