Just spoke to Verizon rep, release dates inside...

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
What I meant was they're the only carrier we don't have a release date for WP8 phones. Whats with the wait. Thats what I meant by yanking our chain.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So is the release pushed back as well? Will there be some type of announcement today about preordering?

I don't know because I've never seen an official release date. The email I got from our corporate rep today specifically says the pre-order date was 11/8 and is now 11/9 at 1AM EST. It also contains the SKU's for the 3 8X models and the 3 822 models. That email does not give a launch date.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know because I've never seen an official release date. The email I got from our corporate rep today specifically says the pre-order date was 11/8 and is now 11/9 at 1AM EST. It also contains the SKU's for the 3 8X models and the 3 822 models. That email does not give a launch date.

Do you know will there be some type of announcement today about being able to preorder or will it just show up?

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just asked my connection that works for marketing for VZW and she said from what she knows pre order starts on the 9th and release on the 15

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you know will there be some type of announcement today about being able to preorder or will it just show up?

I don't know. I think they usually do some press releases before you can pre-order stuff, but who knows, the WP8 launch has been a strange one. I'm more worried about figuring out what color to get.. Probably blue. :)

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I think they usually do some press releases before you can pre-order stuff, but who knows, the WP8 launch has been a strange one. I'm more worried about figuring out what color to get.. Probably blue. :)

I will probably end up with blue, I would prefer yellow but of course not, Verizon won't get it. I'd really like the 920 but I'll end up with the 8X.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I will probably end up with blue, I would prefer yellow but of course not, Verizon won't get it. I'd really like the 920 but I'll end up with the 8X.

I'm tempted to see if the Microsoft Store will carry the Verizon 8X in yellow. I'm not counting on it by any means, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

The 8X will be a placeholder until I can hear more about the VZW ATIV device... I enjoy the form factor of my GS3 and I'm worried about the drop down to the 8X 4.3" screen, but who knows.

At least Angry Birds Star Wars is out today to keep my mind off the wait....

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
For those who say they have proof of the preorder tomorrow, any chance you post a pic?

Mine is just an email from our corporate rep and even if I did take screen cap of that, it doesn't prove anything, I could easily make it up.

Either way, I'm not all in until I see it in our VEC. Verizon has already pushed it back one day so even if they are telling me tomorrow is the day, who knows, something could come up again. If I can break away from Halo 4 at midnight tonight, I'll check it out and post a shot of that, but if it is in the VEC, it'll probably be on the consumer side to.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
An infinite amount of $$$ faster when I'm on the phone and only have a 3G connection ;)

Multiple Verizon devices do voice and data on 3G at the same time.. It started with the Blunderbolt and I'm not sure what other devices do it, but my GS3 does.

No idea if WP8 devices will though.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Multiple Verizon devices do voice and data on 3G at the same time.. It started with the Blunderbolt and I'm not sure what other devices do it, but my GS3 does.

No idea if WP8 devices will though.

My Trophy on Verizon does. I'd imagine the WP8 phones would too.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The 8X will be a placeholder until I can hear more about the VZW ATIV device... I enjoy the form factor of my GS3 and I'm worried about the drop down to the 8X 4.3" screen, but who knows.

At least Angry Birds Star Wars is out today to keep my mind off the wait....

So if I got the 8X and received it next week how would I be able to get the Ativ when it comes out?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is just an email from our corporate rep and even if I did take screen cap of that, it doesn't prove anything, I could easily make it up.

Either way, I'm not all in until I see it in our VEC. Verizon has already pushed it back one day so even if they are telling me tomorrow is the day, who knows, something could come up again. If I can break away from Halo 4 at midnight tonight, I'll check it out and post a shot of that, but if it is in the VEC, it'll probably be on the consumer side to.

Would you still mind posting a screen shot please?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So if I got the 8X and received it next week how would I be able to get the Ativ when it comes out?

Well, our corporate contract has a 30 day return, is that not what consumer lines still have? I'm hoping for some info about it before my return window closes then i can decide.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
But wouldn't it cost me more than it's worth? Wouldn't I have to pay restocking?

I really don't know on the consumer side how it works. I'm a little mad that there isn't a ATIV option at launch because I was excited about the bigger, removable, battery and expanded storage. I'm a device gigolo, i bounce around from device to device all the time as part of my job... Android, iPhone, and even Blackberry every so often... I've been looking forward to WP8 as a device I will use long term since I already have a Zune/XBox music pass and stuff. Need MOAR storage! :)

Now that I think about it, I think Verizon shortened the return window for consumers to 14 days, which blows. I don't think there is a restocking fee, but i think you pay for the data/voice plan that you used during that time. I don't know. Some Verizon person will have to chime in. That Sammy ATIV device could be a midrange device too, who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss