windows store cincinnati opening

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Been here for about an hour and 45 minutes. Just raffled off 2 sets of beats headphones. 8 away on first and 3 away on second.

Just got to use a type cover to do a "Bing it on challenge". Pretty nice.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, MSFT giving away $250,000 software grants to 2 local charities and a $1million dollar software grant to junior achievement charity organization. All local charities to the area.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Lets see. Got a 2:50 video of walking in. Let me get it on my skydrive.

Okay, that is embarrassing. How do I get the video off my phone with windows8? Plug in my phone and nothing happens. Zune obviously does not open. Nothing asks about syncing.

Is it possible to upload to skydrive from phone? I selected to share to skydrive. It said, "this could take a moment" then did the little up animation. No idea where it went though. Cannot find it on my skydrive anywhere.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I obviously did not have an OIS enabled phone. I was shocked that they had no wp8 devices yet. That was one of the only reasons I waited for 4 hours. I had 3 objectives. Check out the cool store, and check out surface and phones. I barely got to do the first 2. Just a mad house in there.

The video did upload from my phone, I just did not know it did it in the background. It did the little animation and I thought it was done. But I guess it was just saying it started successfully. So I uploaded it 4 times. :blush:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I obviously did not have an OIS enabled phone. I was shocked that they had no wp8 devices yet. That was one of the only reasons I waited for 4 hours. I had 3 objectives. Check out the cool store, and check out surface and phones. I barely got to do the first 2. Just a mad house in there.

The video did upload from my phone, I just did not know it did it in the background. It did the little animation and I thought it was done. But I guess it was just saying it started successfully. So I uploaded it 4 times. :blush:

SkyDrive uploads take awhile, so that's not unusual. I've never tried a video, but I have my camera pictures automatically upload to SkyDrive.

That's too bad the store was so crowded you weren't able to really look around much. Are you going back sometime in the near future?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I will be going back. This is only 15 minutes from my house. Going to be my new favorite store at the mall. Guy told me they would have wp8 devices coming up next week so I will be heading over this week to play with some toys.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I will be going back. This is only 15 minutes from my house. Going to be my new favorite store at the mall. Guy told me they would have wp8 devices coming up next week so I will be heading over this week to play with some toys.

Cool! You'll have to do a follow-up report. :)

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
If they have gray 920's when you go back let me know and I'll make the drive to that store to get one! I'm loving my black 920 but was realllllllly hoping for the gray..

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I will be heading over at lunch one day this week. They don't open till 10 but if they have all the wp8 devices today, I will probably head over. But I doubt they have anything yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6