822 for FREE at Walmart Wireless?

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
wireless.walmart.com is showing the Lumia 822 for VZW on upgrade for FREE. No ETA on when they'll be available though.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, after spending an hour trying to place an order online, they tell me the phone is not in stock with no ETA. :( I might just leave it on order in hope that their system hasn't been updated yet.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you called them?

I did. They wouldn't give me a ship time until I actually completed the order.

I said "well, I'm not ready to place the order at this time, I'm not sure what color I'm going to get"

He said "okay, I need your credit card to complete the order"

"I said I'm not ordering now"

"But this price may not be good tomorrow"

"fine, I'll take my chances. Thanks"

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I did. They wouldn't give me a ship time until I actually completed the order.

I said "well, I'm not ready to place the order at this time, I'm not sure what color I'm going to get"

He said "okay, I need your credit card to complete the order"

"I said I'm not ordering now"

"But this price may not be good tomorrow"

"fine, I'll take my chances. Thanks"

It says on the website that the deal is for the 15th. It may be ending tomorrow. I did hear that walmart stores should be getting some in soon.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I figured since it cost me nothing, and I was going to wait until at least next Friday anyway, why not? The ordered was approved all the way through to Verizon, so I'll just wait a few days and see if it eventually ships. Nothing lost, but a lot to gain if it works!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Best buy is pricematching online offers until christmas eve (excludes thanksgiving week and cyber monday) no need to wait until they get the phones in :D I will be getting my phone in the morning.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went into Best Buy last night, with the ad queued up in my phone, and walked out with a free 822. Sweet deal. I was hoping they had the white one, because my wife doesn't want black, and she's going to get this phone if Verizon comes out with a 9xx, but BB has a 30 day no questions, no cost exchange policy, so if they get the white one within 30 days (their web site says "Coming Soon"), I'll exchange it for the white one, which will please the wife.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You're a god, hopmedic. I just did that last night too and canceled my order with Walmart. The girl at BB said this was the first Windows phone they've sold!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven