Verizon 9xx Early 2013? (who knows?)

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
After much research, I have decided to hold off on my venture into WP8 "until" Verizon offers a version of the Lumia 920.

By choosing the 822 or 8X I would have been "settling" for a device for the next 2 years. I wasn't enamored with the looks and screen of the 822...I wasn't enamored with the durability, storage and battery of the 8X.

I am willing to be patient a little while longer. If Verizon does not offer a variation of the 920 by 1st quarter 2013, I may just re-up with iOS.

WinDude

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, but really love the platform, and wanted in. Ordered the 822 and am super excited to start using it. When/if a 9xx variant is released on VZN, I'll be switching for sure. Remember, you are not locked into the phone, but rather the plan. At least, that is my understanding. So, I'll be rockin' the 822 for the time being, keeping my eyes on the horizon.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I would jump ship from ATT to get a 940 if there was going to be one soon WITH the provision of it being globally unlocked like the 8X.
yes, i realize that the 822 is not unlocked (so it seems) so this may be a pipe dream in more than one way.
I need a phone that will work outside the US - I have not been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on an unlocked 920 for 750USD yet, but i wouldnt mind locking myself into a contract with Verizon if it provides a phone i can use outside of the US on other carriers or with other SIMs

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, but really love the platform, and wanted in. Ordered the 822 and am super excited to start using it. When/if a 9xx variant is released on VZN, I'll be switching for sure. Remember, you are not locked into the phone, but rather the plan. At least, that is my understanding. So, I'll be rockin' the 822 for the time being, keeping my eyes on the horizon.
Well, I very much am locked into the phone for a couple of years (until my next upgrade). I can drop $200...I am in no position to do so and then drop another $500-700 6 months later. I can be patient until March, when hopefully we know whether-or-not Verizon will offer a 9xx variation. I am also waiting for info on the Samsung device.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would jump ship from ATT to get a 940 if there was going to be one soon WITH the provision of it being globally unlocked like the 8X.
yes, i realize that the 822 is not unlocked (so it seems) so this may be a pipe dream in more than one way.
I need a phone that will work outside the US - I have not been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on an unlocked 920 for 750USD yet, but i wouldnt mind locking myself into a contract with Verizon if it provides a phone i can use outside of the US on other carriers or with other SIMs
All Verizons new phones are "Global Ready" & will work outside the US on GSM networks. You just can't swap sim cards from another carrier.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After much research, I have decided to hold off on my venture into WP8 "until" Verizon offers a version of the Lumia 920.

By choosing the 822 or 8X I would have been "settling" for a device for the next 2 years. I wasn't enamored with the looks and screen of the 822...I wasn't enamored with the durability, storage and battery of the 8X.

I am willing to be patient a little while longer. If Verizon does not offer a variation of the 920 by 1st quarter 2013, I may just re-up with iOS.
I would have been in this same boat, as I can't afford to buy two phones that close together, except that my wife is willing to take my 822 when the better phone comes, and I get it, and I was able to upgrade using her son's upgrade (from his 3 year old flip phone on our plan). Hey - I pay for the service - I'll take the upgrade! LOL! The next upgrade comes in Jan, and the next in Feb, so whenever the next big Lumia comes, I'll be ready with an upgrade!

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would have been in this same boat, as I can't afford to buy two phones that close together, except that my wife is willing to take my 822 when the better phone comes, and I get it, and I was able to upgrade using her son's upgrade (from his 3 year old flip phone on our plan). Hey - I pay for the service - I'll take the upgrade! LOL! The next upgrade comes in Jan, and the next in Feb, so whenever the next big Lumia comes, I'll be ready with an upgrade!
For Verizon it's "IF" a "big Lumia comes". I'm cautiously optimistic...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For Verizon it's "IF" a "big Lumia comes". I'm cautiously optimistic...

No.... It's a when. Haven't you seen all the advertising they're doing for the 822? I watch almost no TV at all, and what I do watch is streamed, with no cable tv in my home, but I'm seeing Verizon Lumia 822 ads all over the web. They've totally embraced it. Definitely a when.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
No.... It's a when. Haven't you seen all the advertising they're doing for the 822? I watch almost no TV at all, and what I do watch is streamed, with no cable tv in my home, but I'm seeing Verizon Lumia 822 ads all over the web. They've totally embraced it. Definitely a when.

Also noticed how little they are promoting the 8X. The 822's feature set and cost make it a great mass market device. My local VZW has sold a lot of them and interest is growing due to the advertising from VZW and Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea