Nokia to do "Exciting things with Verizon" says Stephen Elop

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So unlike the lower 822 this new higher end phone will not be a global phone?

Looks like Verizon does not really care about the windows phone again.

If the Nokia Lumia Phone that just went through the FCC, the radio bands indicate it will not be a true world phone, which is a disappointment. The 822 is a low end Lumia but a world phone. Now the end consumers will get short changed with a higher range Lumia.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If the Nokia Lumia Phone that just went through the FCC, the radio bands indicate it will not be a true world phone, which is a disappointment. The 822 is a low end Lumia but a world phone. Now the end consumers will get short changed with a higher range Lumia.

besides the screen resolution and camera on the 822 what makes it low end?

I thought that most of the specs were on par with the 920 except the screen and camera. I wouldn't even think to upgrade to another if it doesn't allow for an SD card or removable battery. Maybe if it came loaded with 64 GBs onboard.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
None of this is concrete, but rumor on the inside is that its the 920 except with 16GB of storage and a SD slot. I believe its going to be polycarbonate but someone told me its another material. A lot of rumors but I'm almost positive it has a micro SD slot.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Any word on colors? I hope it has something other than just black or white. I'd really love to see a Cyan Lumia on Verizon. As far as 16gb of internal storage that's fine as long as it's expandable even though I'd rather have the 32gb the 920 has built in with expandable. 16gb and colorless won't stop me from buying a 920 variant, but they will remind me that Verizon's choices often annoy me. lol

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
None of this is concrete, but rumor on the inside is that its the 920 except with 16GB of storage and a SD slot. I believe its going to be polycarbonate but someone told me its another material. A lot of rumors but I'm almost positive it has a micro SD slot.

Oh man! Here we go with the juicy inside speculation. I can't wait to hear more.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Great!

Now lets just hope Microsoft fixes the XBOX Music large library MicroSD bug.

Based on the very hard to see FCC pic, it looks like it takes some design cues from the 822.

Also +1 for Cyan, or yellow, lime, etc - something that stands out.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I know Verizon really wanted the yellow 8X but chose to have black and red exclusive instead (makes more sense considering the carrier's colors). Maybe we'll get some cool colors. One thing to remember is the Lumia 822 was a trial. Verizon hadn't stocked Nokia in years. Now that the Lumia 822 is selling decently, we might see a less "safe" release. Just look at the employee edition 8X. Very unusual colors. I think Verizon is shaping up.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread,

Any word on the form factor? I was really hoping it would be the same or very close to the current 920. I am hoping it's not going to be of the same form factor as the 822.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread,

Any word on the form factor? I was really hoping it would be the same or very close to the current 920. I am hoping it's not going to be of the same form factor as the 822.

it'll most likely be smaller than the 920, whether or not the screen will shrink as well is anyone's guess.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I really appreciate the info that you share with us. Do you believe the styling will be more in line with the 822 i.e. round and bland, or more like the current 920?

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be similar to the 822 with the rounded corners based on what the FCC filing looked like. The 822 isn't that bad of a looking device and it fits well in the hands. I'm just anxious to get the HD screen (for development purposes) and the OIS.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i like the 822 looks better than the 920.. 920 is too big.
it would be different if it was that big and had a huge screen, but it just seems like a lot of wasted space on the phone. making it unnecessarily bulky

BUT, i am still waiting for 928 before i pull the trigger on 822. I want that camera

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Considering the red 822 is one of the sexiest phones I've ever seen, I wouldn't describe it as "round and bland." I think it will look a lot like the 8X to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster