Qualcomm's new processors

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
These new processors by Qualcomm are pretty damn amazing. They are also out by summer so at best we might see some next generation Windows Phones with one of these processors in MWC. Fingers crossed for 41MP Nokia PureView with this processor. First processor that actually makes it possible outside of the custom SoC Nokia had to make for 808 PureView.

Lets hope Microsoft keeps it word about Windows Phone 8 being easier for new SoC's and we see faster development there than we saw with WP7.x.

Qualcomm has announced its next generation processors with mouthwatering specs | nokiagadgets.com
Qualcomm outs Snapdragon 800 and 600: up to 2.3GHz quad-core, 4K video, due by mid 2013

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
They look awesome I hope one comes out before summer for a spring release but I know it probably out in May in middle of summer :wink:

However amazing spec I'm following in love :love:

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The issue is if the phone designs are too far along and these processors were not part of those plans then we won't see them in the devices we want. I would believe the summer release means the chips themselves would be available by summer meaning hardware would be along in the late summer or fall?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The issue is if the phone designs are too far along and these processors were not part of those plans then we won't see them in the devices we want. I would believe the summer release means the chips themselves would be available by summer meaning hardware would be along in the late summer or fall?

OEM's have naturally known about these way longer than we have. If you read their press release they mention that both 600 and 800 are already being sampled by manufacturers. Devices with 600 will be out in Q2 2013 and devices with 800 will be out mid 2013.

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2013/01/07/snapdragon-800-series-and-600-processors-unveiled

That said these chips usually seem to slip with days, but these are coming out sooner than usual and they indeed are already being sampled by manufacturers, so their official statement about the available devices might be true.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
True enough, but we won't see anything high end on Verizon for the WP world unless the MS Surface phone is coming to Verizon with one of these which would be interesting.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
True enough, but we won't see anything high end on Verizon for the WP world unless the MS Surface phone is coming to Verizon with one of these which would be interesting.

Why would that be?
HtC 8X is already on Verizon and Nokia stated on their positive profit warning this week that in 2013 they will have low, mid and high end phone in AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile.
My guess is on the next wave we will see wider offering from Nokia on carriers in USA.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Why would that be?
HtC 8X is already on Verizon and Nokia stated on their positive profit warning this week that in 2013 they will have low, mid and high end phone in AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile.
My guess is on the next wave we will see wider offering from Nokia on carriers in USA.

I think he means high-end with Qualcom's new chips...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans