From Tom Warren on Twitter (VZW Lumia)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This makes me happy for a completely different reason. As the Admin of WPC I can't wait till Verizon the biggest US carrier gets a high end Nokia. The membership in this forum will get a big jump. Go Verizon I'm rutting for ya... :amaze:

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's about 6 weeks. If VZW does make an announcement, they usually do it when the product is ready to ship in a week or two. So worst case, 2 weeks after MWC we should have a new device. That's 8 weeks from now, which would be about 6 months from the launch of the exclusive to AT&T Lumia 920. Hope it happens.....

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
and we wait and wait and wait and wait...

btw...the lumia 920 was available starting Nov 9th on AT&T. So the 6 month mark is May 9th. So I guess we'll keep on waiting and waiting and waiting... :grin:

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I really hope he is not talking about Lumia 920 variant because in about 6 months that phone is going to be outdated.

The Samsung Galaxy S IV is coming out in May 2013 with the specs with wireless charging and
, the device is being developed under Project J and will indeed come with a 4.99-inch Super AMOLED display with full-HD resolution, giving it a pixel density of 441ppi.

It is also likely to feature a 13-megapixel rear auto-focus camera and a slightly thicker, 9.2mm body. Additionally, murmurs are that the new Samsung Android flagship will run on Jelly Bean and is likely to feature the company's latest Exynos 5 Octa eight-core processor unveiled at CES. The new SoC will be manufactured using a 28nm process as opposed to the 32nm process used by the Exynos 5 Dual, hence claiming to be more power-efficient.
Samsung Galaxy S IV to come with wireless charging support: Report | NDTV Gadgets

These types of phones are going to be the next generation phones in a few months and Microsoft will definitely need high end phones to stay in the market

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
These types of phones are going to be the next generation phones in a few months and Microsoft will definitely need high end phones to stay in the market

It's all in the hands of Microsoft. Manufacturers can't move faster if MS doesn't phase out the SoC's faster.

You wont see any manufacturer suddenly coming out with full HD screen, if the SoC isn't updated to newer one. That's why the devices come in wave in WP ecosystem and core hardware is the same in the similarly prices devices, with manufacturers differentiating on cameras, design, screen types and so on.

I hope Microsoft does understand to move fast.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
so... with the rumors of the Nokia "EOS" device hitting AT&T, can we assume that Verizon will get an updated 920 and the EOS will be the new, best Nokia device, leaving Verizon in the dust again?

:(

Nokia EOS: the first real PureView Windows Phone is coming this year | The Verge

"AT&T will stock the handset later this year, according to our sources."

Later this year means that AT&T will get it after the Verizon exclusive runs out, he said with more hope than conviction. :p

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon shifted focus to BB10 after this next run of WPs. They've gotta be pissed that AT&T keeps on getting the flagship Nokias. Nokia needs to get it together and make availability similar to the 8X. There is a report that Nokia will have a low, mid, and high end WP on all three carriers thought. Hopefully the EOS will be on all of them

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Tom Warren also tweeted that a high-end Lumia is coming soon to Verizon. I do believe the carriers want a third ecosystem, it's easy to get caught up in the blackberry hype, but I doubt it BB10 will live up to all the hype.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)