HTC Reveals new Windows 8 Phone "Tiara"

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The device, which is known internally as the “HTC Tiara,” is said to be equipped with a 4.3-inch WVGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor and an 8-megapixel rear camera. Other specs include 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera and an 1,800 mAh battery.

Leak reveals HTC

htc-tiara-first-window-phone-8-handset-0.jpg

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope at this point couldn't find one. Probably won't till at least a few weeks

Interesting this phone is the same size as the 8x but looks so much smaller. Could be because its more rounder and the 8x is much more rectangular

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Great, another low-end, mediocre windows phone. Like we don't have enough of them already.

At the same time you have to realize that majority of the people in the world do not sport high end smartphones, so there's a reason why we have so many mediocre ones. However naturally high end phones usually have more profit margins to them. But it's not like most Android phones out there would actually be high end Android phones, for example.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Low- and mid-range market is where the biggest potential for growth is. Additionally, WP offers quite a bit smoother user experience in that price range compared to Android counterparts. Makes perfect sense to me.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Because I think this is an indication on where Microsoft and Nokia are heading to. They seem to have given up trying to get into first place and are concentrating on the mid to low end market. Windows phone needs a flagship phone that beats everything else for the next 6 months, not more mid to low end phones.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Because I think this is an indication on where Microsoft and Nokia are heading to. They seem to have given up trying to get into first place and are concentrating on the mid to low end market. Windows phone needs a flagship phone that beats everything else for the next 6 months, not more mid to low end phones.

Given up in what way?

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Or it's just something you made up since it's soon been 6 months since you got to hear from the device segment you're personally most interested of.

What WP needs is phones that sell. That's how you get to the first place. It's exactly how Android did it, with models in every price range. Something to drive the market and mind share up. As I already said in my previous post, low- and mid-range market in smartphones is growing far more faster than high-end segment so it makes perfect sense to offer competitive devices also in there. How that suddenly means to you that they're abandoning the high-end segment is beyond me, since It's been only 6 months since their last flagship release. Nokia started with the high end after all and they only now have completed their WP8 lineup (HTC too, but Nokia's lineup is a bit more comprehensive) with the low-end devices coming last.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Did Ballmer and Elop send you an email saying that was their new strategy? And why aren't the other OEM's on the hook as well, not just Nokia?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

And this information comes from?
Windows Phone hasn't been getting best specifications way before Nokia joined in. Get Microsoft support better hardware like Android and we might see high end devices. Windows Phone still supports only the same resolutions and system-on-chips as it did back in September 2012

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Or it's just something you made up since it's soon been 6 months since you got to hear from the device segment you're personally most interested of.

What WP needs is phones that sell. That's how you get to the first place. It's exactly how Android did it, with models in every price range. Something to drive the market and mind share up. As I already said in my previous post, low- and mid-range market in smartphones is growing far more faster than high-end segment so it makes perfect sense to offer competitive devices also in there. How that suddenly means to you that they're abandoning the high-end segment is beyond me, since It's been only 6 months since their last flagship release. Nokia started with the high end after all and they only now have completed their WP8 lineup (HTC too, but Nokia's lineup is a bit more comprehensive) with the low-end devices coming last.

Did Ballmer and Elop send you an email saying that was their new strategy? And why aren't the other OEM's on the hook as well, not just Nokia?

Wow, Reading comprehension FAIL. I said that this is what "I think" based upon what I read from several sources. Feel free to disagree and state why you do, but your personal attacks do nothing to help your argument.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Reading comprehension FAIL. I said that this is what "I think" based upon what I read from several sources. Feel free to disagree and state why you do, but your personal attacks do nothing to help your argument.

I was not my intention to make any sort of personal attack, if you felt like that then I'm sorry. I was merely trying to challenge your line of thought because I don't agree the reasoning behind it at all.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was not my intention to make any sort of personal attack, if you felt like that then I'm sorry. I was merely trying to challenge your line of thought because I don't agree the reasoning behind it at all.

Fair enough, Misunderstanding on my side then too.

I feel this way because Microsoft and Nokia no longer "seem" to be gunning for first place. There is hardly any press releases about great hardware, or how wonderful things will be in months. Its like they have gone into hiding. All the blogs seems to talk about today is how Backberry and Microsoft are fighting it out for 3rd place. In my opinion, too many low end phones hut the premium "feel" of a manufacturer when they do finally make something top of the line. Thats partly why Apple has never released a low cost iphone. It would hurt the sales of their flagship model. I want microsoft to succeed very much but its difficult for me to believe in them when they cant even get something as core as XBOX music working right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb