03-14-2013 07:03 PM
29 12
tools
    The device, which is known internally as the “HTC Tiara,” is said to be equipped with a 4.3-inch WVGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor and an 8-megapixel rear camera. Other specs include 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera and an 1,800 mAh battery.
    Leak reveals HTC

clbarker10 likes this.
    02-28-2013 11:33 PM
    Are there any front side pictures?
    Last edited by Doom At Last; 03-01-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    02-28-2013 11:36 PM
    Nope at this point couldn't find one. Probably won't till at least a few weeks

Interesting this phone is the same size as the 8x but looks so much smaller. Could be because its more rounder and the 8x is much more rectangular
    02-28-2013 11:49 PM
    Great, another low-end, mediocre windows phone. Like we don't have enough of them already.
    03-01-2013 05:42 AM
    Great, another low-end, mediocre windows phone. Like we don't have enough of them already.
    At the same time you have to realize that majority of the people in the world do not sport high end smartphones, so there's a reason why we have so many mediocre ones. However naturally high end phones usually have more profit margins to them. But it's not like most Android phones out there would actually be high end Android phones, for example.
    03-01-2013 06:22 AM
    Low- and mid-range market is where the biggest potential for growth is. Additionally, WP offers quite a bit smoother user experience in that price range compared to Android counterparts. Makes perfect sense to me.
    03-01-2013 09:36 AM
    How is it low end? It seems more mid-range.
    03-01-2013 12:45 PM
    It's because mid-range is the new low-end.
    Apparently.
    03-01-2013 02:59 PM
    Because I think this is an indication on where Microsoft and Nokia are heading to. They seem to have given up trying to get into first place and are concentrating on the mid to low end market. Windows phone needs a flagship phone that beats everything else for the next 6 months, not more mid to low end phones.
    03-01-2013 08:57 PM
    Because I think this is an indication on where Microsoft and Nokia are heading to. They seem to have given up trying to get into first place and are concentrating on the mid to low end market. Windows phone needs a flagship phone that beats everything else for the next 6 months, not more mid to low end phones.
    Given up in what way?
    03-01-2013 09:54 PM
    Or it's just something you made up since it's soon been 6 months since you got to hear from the device segment you're personally most interested of.

What WP needs is phones that sell. That's how you get to the first place. It's exactly how Android did it, with models in every price range. Something to drive the market and mind share up. As I already said in my previous post, low- and mid-range market in smartphones is growing far more faster than high-end segment so it makes perfect sense to offer competitive devices also in there. How that suddenly means to you that they're abandoning the high-end segment is beyond me, since It's been only 6 months since their last flagship release. Nokia started with the high end after all and they only now have completed their WP8 lineup (HTC too, but Nokia's lineup is a bit more comprehensive) with the low-end devices coming last.
    03-02-2013 03:58 AM
    Did Ballmer and Elop send you an email saying that was their new strategy? And why aren't the other OEM's on the hook as well, not just Nokia?
    03-02-2013 07:50 AM
    And this information comes from?
    Windows Phone hasn't been getting best specifications way before Nokia joined in. Get Microsoft support better hardware like Android and we might see high end devices. Windows Phone still supports only the same resolutions and system-on-chips as it did back in September 2012
    03-02-2013 12:05 PM
    I can't believe no one has said anything. This is the HTC SV, on cricket wireless, running android...

http://techblog.gr/mobile/htc-one-sv...rtphone-97595/
    03-02-2013 12:07 PM
    I can't believe no one has said anything. This is the HTC SV, on cricket wireless, running android...

http://techblog.gr/mobile/htc-one-sv...rtphone-97595/
    Huh.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    03-02-2013 12:18 PM
    Huh.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    HTC is recycling the SV for a new windows phone.
    03-02-2013 01:25 PM
    Or it's just something you made up since it's soon been 6 months since you got to hear from the device segment you're personally most interested of.

What WP needs is phones that sell. That's how you get to the first place. It's exactly how Android did it, with models in every price range. Something to drive the market and mind share up. As I already said in my previous post, low- and mid-range market in smartphones is growing far more faster than high-end segment so it makes perfect sense to offer competitive devices also in there. How that suddenly means to you that they're abandoning the high-end segment is beyond me, since It's been only 6 months since their last flagship release. Nokia started with the high end after all and they only now have completed their WP8 lineup (HTC too, but Nokia's lineup is a bit more comprehensive) with the low-end devices coming last.
    Did Ballmer and Elop send you an email saying that was their new strategy? And why aren't the other OEM's on the hook as well, not just Nokia?
    Wow, Reading comprehension FAIL. I said that this is what "I think" based upon what I read from several sources. Feel free to disagree and state why you do, but your personal attacks do nothing to help your argument.
    03-02-2013 02:44 PM
    Wow, Reading comprehension FAIL. I said that this is what "I think" based upon what I read from several sources. Feel free to disagree and state why you do, but your personal attacks do nothing to help your argument.
    I was not my intention to make any sort of personal attack, if you felt like that then I'm sorry. I was merely trying to challenge your line of thought because I don't agree the reasoning behind it at all.
    03-03-2013 04:57 AM
    I was not my intention to make any sort of personal attack, if you felt like that then I'm sorry. I was merely trying to challenge your line of thought because I don't agree the reasoning behind it at all.
    Fair enough, Misunderstanding on my side then too.

I feel this way because Microsoft and Nokia no longer "seem" to be gunning for first place. There is hardly any press releases about great hardware, or how wonderful things will be in months. Its like they have gone into hiding. All the blogs seems to talk about today is how Backberry and Microsoft are fighting it out for 3rd place. In my opinion, too many low end phones hut the premium "feel" of a manufacturer when they do finally make something top of the line. Thats partly why Apple has never released a low cost iphone. It would hurt the sales of their flagship model. I want microsoft to succeed very much but its difficult for me to believe in them when they cant even get something as core as XBOX music working right.
    03-03-2013 05:44 AM
    HTC is recycling the SV for a new windows phone.
    Doubt it.
    03-04-2013 09:40 AM
    If I'm right, a dual core is more than enough to power any windows phone. It has a gig of ram and other impressive specs so I too don't get how in the world this is low end.
    03-04-2013 11:03 PM
    Well I heard from some people that Ativ Odysee is low end, even though it has the same specs as 8X/820/920, save for smaller screen. Apparently you could make an eight core, 4GB RAM device with perfect camera and it would be called low end if it wouldn't be sporting a 4.5"+ display. Madness.
    03-14-2013 05:42 PM
    You mean like the 920, the 928, and the Catwalk?

I would argue that the 920 has been king of the smartphones for about four months now. Staying on top for six months is difficult, but the 928 will add more improvement.

Yet the 822 appears to have outsold the 920 - and all the 8xx models have done the same. Most people don't want to spend the $$$, even subsidized, on a high end phone. In a niche market, high end stuff is important. Smartphones are now mass market. That means you need to provide options.
    Gungzwei likes this.
    03-14-2013 06:12 PM
    Well I heard from some people that Ativ Odysee is low end, even though it has the same specs as 8X/820/920, save for smaller screen. Apparently you could make an eight core, 4GB RAM device with perfect camera and it would be called low end if it wouldn't be sporting a 4.5"+ display. Madness.
    cheaper build quality and screen resolution. I still wouldn't call it low end, but its cheaper soooo yeh. But i'll tell you what, the Ativ Odyssey screen looks like complete garbage when compared to the 822! I liked the way it felt in the hand, but omg the screen was killing me! looked worse than my Trophy!
    03-14-2013 06:12 PM
    Not to rain on your post, but they DONT have the same specs. 820 has a 8MP Carl Zeiss camera (Versus Odyssey's 5MP), 4.3" screen (what was that about anything below 4.5"?) Clear Black Amoled (Versus 4" Super Amoled), Not to mention software support (Because hardware isn't everything.), and the cost? ARV $400 Nokia Lumia 820, $450 Ativ Odyssey.

Frankly its the fact that the 8x is just a little more than this, and the Lumia 820 (or 822 for Verizons case) is actually cheaper (Both on contract and off) that makes the Ativ Odyssey low-end. That and the lack of apps and support. If they had put more into it it could of shot for mid-range, but its easily outdone. Nothing is really wrong with it, but its not worth it.
    03-14-2013 06:17 PM
29 12