Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That's a good look to take after, IMO. If it looks similar to the 8x, I'd definitely be down with that. I'll take one in cyan, please.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
are you hearing anything on release dates? im thinking i might just buy the 822 unless its coming out within like 3 weeks

Easter time. Verizon's going to steer away from Android advertising until the S4 and whatever Moto launches in June. Spring is time for change, and the Z10 and the Windows Phones will be leading the pack.

You would not believe the conversations about Windows Phones that the financial departments are having. They're about $100 cheaper to Verizon than Android phones, and about $150 cheaper than iPhones. This benefit will trickle down soon.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That is good news indeed, Honestabebread. I can dig an Easter phone purchase. Any idea what the potential subsidy will be? Do you think it will be $100 like the 920 was on ATT at launch?

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an 8X on Verizon, and will likely buy a 928 off contract, then sell my 8X on eBay. I should still get 200-250 for the 8X, so I'm hoping the off-contract price for the 928 is not more than $499.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an 8X on Verizon, and will likely buy a 928 off contract, then sell my 8X on eBay. I should still get 200-250 for the 8X, so I'm hoping the off-contract price for the 928 is not more than $499.

It will probably be $550 off contract.

On contract price will be $200 unless Nokia works a deal. Verizon never gives away the farm because phone pricing has never hurt them. I don't think the S3 has ever been less than $200.

That said, I'm pretty amazed at how long the 822's been free, so maybe it will come out swinging.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Reallyhoping that isn't the case in the end. At least four months late, half the storage andtwice the price. Not really what I was hoping for. I hope there are some newfeatures that justify the bump in price and model number instead of it being a920 with a new shape designed by Verizon. I hope Nokia kicks at Verizon untilthey give into a decent price point. I know 200 isn't that high a price, butconsidering AT&T has had this phone for less for so long I just hope formore competitive pricing. I think it would also really help Windows Phone adoption, not that it seems like Verizon would care about that.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Splendid! $200 is standard for nice phones, so I'll be happy. If you're on Verizon, then you're used to paying a bit more to be on their network. Just the nature of things. Otherwise hop over to T-Mobile :)

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
are you hearing anything on release dates? im thinking i might just buy the 822 unless its coming out within like 3 weeks

Easter time. Verizon's going to steer away from Android advertising until the S4 and whatever Moto launches in June. Spring is time for change, and the Z10 and the Windows Phones will be leading the pack.

You would not believe the conversations about Windows Phones that the financial departments are having. They're about $100 cheaper to Verizon than Android phones, and about $150 cheaper than iPhones. This benefit will trickle down soon.

3 weeks exactly almost. What are you going to do? ! :D

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Reallyhoping that isn't the case in the end. At least four months late, half the storage andtwice the price. Not really what I was hoping for. I hope there are some newfeatures that justify the bump in price and model number instead of it being a920 with a new shape designed by Verizon. I hope Nokia kicks at Verizon untilthey give into a decent price point. I know 200 isn't that high a price, butconsidering AT&T has had this phone for less for so long I just hope formore competitive pricing. I think it would also really help Windows Phone adoption, not that it seems like Verizon would care about that.

If its just a 920 clone, it will be $99 after rebate probably. If its a new design it'll be $200.

And trust me, Verizon wants nothing more than for people to buy Windows Phones.

Also, people still complain about carrier branding in 2013? Crazy.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
3 weeks exactly almost. What are you going to do? ! :D

hahaha.. well looks like im gonna wait a week, buy the 822, and then return it and get the 928 within the 14 day window :p
although i do assume that if its being released around easter, there will be marketing for it soon.

unless they are doing a silent launch.. but it looks like they arent according to honestabebread's posts

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It won't have some massive party like the One or the S4 but it will be up on the website and junk.

I know it doesn't seem like it, and I wish I could provide documentation without getting fired, but VZW really, honestly, wants WP8 to succeed.

I attended a meeting where the head of finance for a whole region specifically told us to make sure there was a specific reason a customer was NOT getting a Windows Phone. For example, if someone just browses the web and emails, they want that person in a Windows Phone. The phones are just cheaper to the company. Less subsidy and less tech support costs.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It won't have some massive party like the One or the S4 but it will be up on the website and junk.

I know it doesn't seem like it, and I wish I could provide documentation without getting fired, but VZW really, honestly, wants WP8 to succeed.

I attended a meeting where the head of finance for a whole region specifically told us to make sure there was a specific reason a customer was NOT getting a Windows Phone. For example, if someone just browses the web and emails, they want that person in a Windows Phone. The phones are just cheaper to the company. Less subsidy and less tech support costs.

Your info, if accurate (which for the sake of the forum I'll assume it is), is very helpful. And maybe helpful isn't exactly the word I'm looking for - - maybe more like comforting - - considering that no one from Verizon OR Nokia has specifically said anything about this publicly.

I've been holding on to my upgrade since October, but I'm losing patience. If something doesn't happen soon I guess I'm looking towards the GS4. I can't wait forever. I hope they surprise us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05