Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, people still complain about carrier branding in 2013? Crazy.

Yes we still complain and for good reason. Verizon totally screwed the look of the Note II with their logo on the home button. Not that the Note II is a looker to begin with mind you, but a phone's look can be ruined by branding. Imagine an iPhone with carrier branding on it. Plus, not to mention the fact that I've just signed my testes over to Verizon on a 2 year contract as it is to get a subsidy. I don't need to be reminded about who I'm paying huge sums of money to each month LOL.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It won't have some massive party like the One or the S4 but it will be up on the website and junk.

I know it doesn't seem like it, and I wish I could provide documentation without getting fired, but VZW really, honestly, wants WP8 to succeed.

I attended a meeting where the head of finance for a whole region specifically told us to make sure there was a specific reason a customer was NOT getting a Windows Phone. For example, if someone just browses the web and emails, they want that person in a Windows Phone. The phones are just cheaper to the company. Less subsidy and less tech support costs.

I went into my local Verizon store wanting to get rid of my iphone 5 and replace it with a windows phone. The sales manager said to me that windows phones were awful. He basically was trying to talk me out of going to the windows phone.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I went into my local Verizon store wanting to get rid of my iphone 5 and replace it with a windows phone. The sales manager said to me that windows phones were awful. He basically was trying to talk me out of going to the windows phone.

That happens. It's an individual, not Verizon as a whole. Some techno nerd's opinion of what you should have will greatly depend on what he and his friends have, and less on your needs... Unless it's a good sales person 😉

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there are a lot of reps who still associate WP8 with WM6. There are a lot of unfounded biases as well. I know a guy who has been a rep for 7 years and ever since the OG Droid won't sell anything but a Moto Android.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
im surprised moto's don't sell better.. their build quality is far superior to samsungs plastic 2 ounce phones.. I would definitely be getting the MAXX HD on Verizon if I wasn't getting a windows phone

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If it's going to be out in 3 weeks or so, when can we expect an official announcement? My HTC Arrive is ready to be put to rest. It's been a great phone, but my battery doesn't last as long as it used to, and NOKIA!!!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread Have you heard about any of the issues such as dust under ffc, clicking sound on the 920 being fixed for the 928? Anything on the battery? This will be my next phone just can't wait for the details.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think all of you guys are expecting it to be a large departure from the 920.

I would expect a 920 with less internal storage, an SD slot, a bit smaller frame and MAYBE a higher megapixel camera. I've been hearing about a 12 megapixel Lumia for about 6 months now.

Wireless charging, OIS, and the screen should all be the same. I've even heard guys say "Hey you hear we're getting the 920?"

As for a release date, I might find out like a week before you guys. Tops.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
That's all good news to me. I do hope for the higher megapixel camera, but who wouldn't. Lol

I'm kind of assuming it'll have a removable battery based on how Nokia does expandable storage.

What do you guys think?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
That's all good news to me. I do hope for the higher megapixel camera, but who wouldn't. Lol

I'm kind of assuming it'll have a removable battery based on how Nokia does expandable storage.

What do you guys think?

A removeable battery would be too good! I doubt that we will get that one... Either way I just hope its available mid April when I am due for a new phone!

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been able to upgrade since February 3rd, but that was right around the time this thing was mentioned by Tom Warren, started showing up in adduplex, and then at the fcc, and not at mwc. I've been going crazy watching the rumors on this thing lol. If it hadn't started showing up around then I probably would have an 822 on my desk right now.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I would expect a 920 with less internal storage, an SD slot, a bit smaller frame and MAYBE a higher megapixel camera. I've been hearing about a 12 megapixel Lumia for about 6 months now.

Wireless charging, OIS, and the screen should all be the same. I've even heard guys say "Hey you hear we're getting the 920?"

Is the front facing camera improved from the 920? Will it be a solid body or have a removable back & battery? Will it have the same internal storage as the 920?
I hope the front camera is improved and I do hope for at least the same amount of internal storage as the 920 since we had to wait this long for a high end Lumia on Verizon.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

This sounds promising! MicroSD is a must!

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

What do you guys think?

The FCC filing makes it look like it will have a removable battery

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The FCC filing makes it look like it will have a removable battery

So it will not be as solid as the 920 and more easily to break like the Lumia 822. At least it will have a micro sd card slot.

Why you may ask I say not as solid and easier to break? My previous Lumia was dropped by my kid and broke because it came apart. I have tried the 920 and it was dropped and no damage done. Granted I was upset both times, but I like how solid the 920 feels, just do not like AT&T at all.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
im surprised moto's don't sell better.. their build quality is far superior to samsungs plastic 2 ounce phones.. I would definitely be getting the MAXX HD on Verizon if I wasn't getting a windows phone

They have pulled out of European market back in 2008 when Nokia was killing them in Asia and Europe. They haven't really come back, neither are the advertised at all.

Is the front facing camera improved from the 920? Will it be a solid body or have a removable back & battery? Will it have the same internal storage as the 920?
I hope the front camera is improved and I do hope for at least the same amount of internal storage as the 920 since we had to wait this long for a high end Lumia on Verizon.
Maybe, but i really doubt Verizon would get somehow superior version of Lumia 920 compared to global market. Though i guess if Catwalk as the Lumia 920 replacement (not successor) is out in the next 2-3 months, it could be possible.
it having different camera sensor would be very surprising.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S 4G on T-Mobile and because of where I currently live and T-Mobile's spotty coverage here, need to switch to Verizon.

As a NOK shareholder, my next phone will be a Lumia and like everyone, I want the best of the best. I have been off-contract for a month now and am anxiously waiting for the Lumia 928 to come to Verizon. I would love if the 928 had an upgraded camera and if ATT is getting another upgraded Lumia flagship, then why can't Verizon get an equally awesome and unique Lumia flagship. I think back to Elop's comments that NOK has some exciting things planned for Verizon and think that the 928 indeed may be a step up from the current ATT 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo