Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had an answer for you guys but its just not there. Sorry.

it's fine that you don't have the answer, but if you could maybe put the word out to someone you work with who might have an answer, that would be great. I find myself in multiple group chats per week, and I just can't participate in them. I can't reply to everyone in the group, and I don't even know everyone that's in it because it just comes to me as if it's an individual text. And then replies that come from people within the chat come to me as individual texts as well, and I can't even keep track of who said what and when. It's outrageous, and my friends just think I'm nuts that in 2013 I bought a phone that can't do this simple thing, and I have nothing to say to them when they say that, because they're right.

alGaddafi

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Check the post date for Mr. Warren's post. It was back in January. I wonder how much of what he said is still accurate after 1.5 months.

Tom Warren likes to tweet old posts. Not sure WTF is up with that.

What DurnDurnDurn posted was guts from a link that was posted today. The link in the guts goes back to the one that was posted in January. So look for April as the release date for the 928.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
What DurnDurnDurn posted was guts from a link that was posted today. The link in the guts goes back to the one that was posted in January. So look for April as the release date for the 928.
Not specifically referring to today, but I follow Tom Warren on Twitter and have noticed him tweeting links to old posts without ever making clear reference that he's linking you to an old post. A week or two ago he put a link from September/October 2012 but tweeted it like if it was breaking news, LOL.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this will come SIM unlocked as most of the Verizon flagship phones do nowadays? If so, I wonder which 3G bands it will support? Nokia do have a good track record of making their phones very "worldwide compatible".

This would be good news for off contract MVNO users such as myself that could then stick their Straight Talk SIM in and have a pretty sweet phone.

I could be torn between this and the 720.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this will come SIM unlocked as most of the Verizon flagship phones do nowadays? If so, I wonder which 3G bands it will support? Nokia do have a good track record of making their phones very "worldwide compatible".

This would be good news for off contract MVNO users such as myself that could then stick their Straight Talk SIM in and have a pretty sweet phone.

I could be torn between this and the 720.

From what I have read, the 822 is unlocked and a world phone. However, per what was listed in the FCC filing, all I can say is it is not a world phone since it is missing GSM bands for the EU. Not sure if it will be unlocked though.
Per what was on the FCC web site, this phone is not a true world phone which is a disappointment. It will have WCDMA 1900, WCDMA 850, CDMA 1900, CDMA 800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, LTE1700(Band 4), LTE700 Upper (Band 13)

As for me, I am happy that Verizon is getting this high end Lumia, but disappointed in Nokia & Verizon for choosing to make their 1st high end Lumia a non world phone while the low end is.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...rame=N&application_id=726944&fcc_id=QMNRM-860

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to resist getting too excited. Verizon never gets hardware this amazing. I feel like I am being setup for another letdown. Damn am I hoping though! Come on April!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's to hoping that they will include the wireless charging plate for free like ATT has been doing. Oh well it's mine either way... if it is real! :p

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Btw does the wireless charger work with aluminium back? Are there metallic devices that support Qi? If it doesn't i guess they could to the same as they did with 720 and get connectors on back for separate cover with the function.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Btw does the wireless charger work with aluminium back? Are there metallic devices that support Qi? If it doesn't i guess they could to the same as they did with 720 and get connectors on back for separate cover with the function.

Wondering that too. With my 8X, I am loving wireless charging. I have one in my office, on my nightstand...Love the feature. I want to install one in my car but, I know my 8X's days are numbered due to the lack of storage space, so IF this has MicroSD AND QI charging...I think I am in love :)

Droid DNA. Razr Maxx HD. Both amazing.

You do know your replying in a Windows Phone area, right ? :) Nice hardware Yes but, they are Android based...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So I have some more observations. Nothing to do with the new Nokia. Its actually kind of troubling news.

Everyone loves the Z10. I just did two weeks of trainings for the Z10 and everyone loved it. People who like Windows Phone are going to switching over. A bunch of guys I work with who are Droid fanatics are preordering tomorrow.

I really didn't see this coming, but I'm probably going to order one when I can upgrade in July. I still love WP8 but honestly I'm a phone whore. I love SIM swapping and will probably regularly switch between the 8X and the Z10, but I have to have one. Especially after teaching everyone to use it the past two weeks.

This obviously doesn't change Verizons total strategy, which is to weasel out Apple and have Android, WP, and BB10 all taking 30% of the pie, but I can see reps pushing BB10 as a third alternative and leaving WP in the dark

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have some more observations. Nothing to do with the new Nokia. Its actually kind of troubling news.

Everyone loves the Z10. I just did two weeks of trainings for the Z10 and everyone loved it. People who like Windows Phone are going to switching over. A bunch of guys I work with who are Droid fanatics are preordering tomorrow.

I really didn't see this coming, but I'm probably going to order one when I can upgrade in July. I still love WP8 but honestly I'm a phone whore. I love SIM swapping and will probably regularly switch between the 8X and the Z10, but I have to have one. Especially after teaching everyone to use it the past two weeks.

This obviously doesn't change Verizons total strategy, which is to weasel out Apple and have Android, WP, and BB10 all taking 30% of the pie, but I can see reps pushing BB10 as a third alternative and leaving WP in the dark
Interesting, and all within reason. I know nothing of the new Z10. In you opinion, can you list some advantages the Z10 has over WP8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss