Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think about the solar charging and GDR2 rumors going around on other sites?

That solar charging thing was ridiculous.
Nokia posted a pic of a yellow Lumia at the start of spring holding the phone next so sunlight. Blogs made that a teaser of Nokia releasing solar charging phone.... really?

For somebody living in Scandinavia, the big change on sunlight is kind of major thing (coming from somebody living in Sweden), so i guess couple of blogs made that as a hint of solar charging phone and it started spreading.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not holding my breath on solar charging.... Actually at this point if they just sprawl a Verizon logo across the front of a 920 I will be satisfied! I've grown impatient with rumors and just want the damn phone!

All Hallows Eve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I could see making a solar powered charging device. Plug in your phone and set the charger in the sunlight. Not sure if you could achieve the desired effect by making it completely wireless though.

Candide yams

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestabebread, if I buy the Lumia 928 off contract how does that affect my current unlimited 3G contract? I'm currently not up for an upgrade until November 2013 (have an iPhone 4S). So if I did buy the phone off contract, would I still keep my unlimited 3G? And how does adding on 4G work?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread, if I buy the Lumia 928 off contract how does that affect my current unlimited 3G contract? I'm currently not up for an upgrade until November 2013 (have an iPhone 4S). So if I did buy the phone off contract, would I still keep my unlimited 3G? And how does adding on 4G work?
If you buy an unsubsidized phone you keep your unlimted. Regardless of network type.

Oh and a lot of people seem to think we throttle unlimited data users at X amount of data used, which is not the case. The only throttling we do is on Alltel unlimited air cards that use like 100GB.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of in a holding pattern with my upgrade. Even though I don't mind losing my unlimited data, as I would gain unlimited calling and texting, I have an off-contract white Lumia 822 from eBay that I had intended to replace with a subsidized red 822 (and sell my white phone). Now, however, the 822's are all sold out, and the only color selections on the website are black and white, so I'm wondering if I should just wait and see what the 928 has to offer. Honestabebread, will Verizon be getting more of the red 822's?

I've seen the Z10 in action, a lot, and just find it overly cumbersome. By that I mean there are too many gestures and places to go back and forth through. I still see WP8 as being the simplest most straight forward way to get things done with a phone and I don't see the huge appeal in the hub, but I already have my accounts setup such that I usually know, by the account, if something needs to be attended, so separate live tiles works great for me.

Hope we hear something on the 928 soon as I would love to see if I want to wait or not.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of in a holding pattern with my upgrade. Even though I don't mind losing my unlimited data, as I would gain unlimited calling and texting, I have an off-contract white Lumia 822 from eBay that I had intended to replace with a subsidized red 822 (and sell my white phone). Now, however, the 822's are all sold out, and the only color selections on the website are black and white, so I'm wondering if I should just wait and see what the 928 has to offer. Honestabebread, will Verizon be getting more of the red 822's?

I've seen the Z10 in action, a lot, and just find it overly cumbersome. By that I mean there are too many gestures and places to go back and forth through. I still see WP8 as being the simplest most straight forward way to get things done with a phone and I don't see the huge appeal in the hub, but I already have my accounts setup such that I usually know, by the account, if something needs to be attended, so separate live tiles works great for me.

Hope we hear something on the 928 soon as I would love to see if I want to wait or not.

don't waste your upgrade on the same phone, I would definitely wait and see what the 928 has in store!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Odd you say this because people are complaining about the Verizon Z10 having old firmware.

It updates to firmware version 4 the second it's activated. This patch was started on launch day, I'm not sure if there's any kind of soak test, but unless the rep skipped it during set up, the Z10 performs a software update right after LTE activation.

Also, the red 922 is done for. Should be getting a baby blue/cyan one here soon.

Last edited:

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It updates to firmware version 4 the second it's activated. This patch was started on launch day, I'm not sure if there's any kind of soak test, but unless the rep skipped it during set up, the Z10 performs a software update right after LTE activation.

Also, the red 922 is done for. Should be getting a baby blue/cyan one here soon.

It seemed like the red 822 was a red hot seller. Surprised they aren't keeping the color. I like the cyan also, though, so maybe that will be the route I go, depending on the 928. I have to see how much larger the 928 physically is than the 822, which is about at the limits that I consider comfortable. Of course, there's the cost too.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
if you google the following:

site:nokia.com "lumia 928"

only one result comes, and it is a nokia internal webpage (you need a login).

Capture2.PNG

funny thing is, if you read the link, I think someone on their internal forums linked to wpcentral haha
because it has this in the title of the link: "even-more-samples-from-the-verizon-nokia-lumia-928"

socialcast.nokia.com/messages/145727-even-more-samples-from-the-verizon-nokia-lumia-928

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb