Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Have we heard any updates as to when the 928 may be released? Unfortunately I broke by 8x about the time the 928 rumors came out and have been using an S3 since then (which I have had enough of, even after rooting it and flashing CM10). I knew I really liked WP8, but going a few weeks without it has been a nightmare and I now can't stand to use android or ios.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i have never used a samsung phone with good reception, even in the dumbphone days. i will never buy a samsung phone. motorola may not get a lot of hype, but you can depend on those phones for build quality, reception, and battery life

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this. I don't think their pricing model is based in reality.

This so much. I don't mind throwing $200 at a phone, but a lot of people would never do that. BlackBerry really needs a Buy One Get One promo on the Z10 because most of the features are BBM based, so if you're the only one with a BB10 phone those features do you no good.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 is a 6 month exclusive to At&t, and it was released on November 17, 2012. So 6 months from that date is May 17, 2013. Sooo how is it expected to be released in April unless preorders start at the end of April and it starts shipping in mid May? Someone correct me if im thinking about this the wrong way.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 is a 6 month exclusive to At&t, and it was released on November 17, 2012. So 6 months from that date is May 17, 2013. Sooo how is it expected to be released in April unless preorders start at the end of April and it starts shipping in mid May? Someone correct me if im thinking about this the wrong way.

Well from the looks of it, the 928 is not at all a 920. They seemed to have changed enough of it to get away with releasing it before the 920 exclusivity is up

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

This is the 928, not the 920. I've heard it will have a better GPU, possibly slightly faster processor, different form factor with an aluminum body, and the xenon flash. The aluminum body alone will make it clearly not a 920.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The answer to this question depends. It depends on what the contract says. Since the rest of us have no idea what the contract says, can you enlighten us?

Yes, I'm tired of people invoking the "ATT Exclusivity" contract when they don't have a clue what it says.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The answer to this question depends. It depends on what the contract says. Since the rest of us have no idea what the contract says, can you enlighten us?

Yes, I'm tired of people invoking the "ATT Exclusivity" contract when they don't have a clue what it says.

THIS. No one but a few AT&T, Microsoft and Nokia execs know what sort of exclusivity agreement there was, so when everyone keeps mentioning the magical 6 month number, it is as much a guess as it is "fact."

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
THIS. No one but a few AT&T, Microsoft and Nokia execs know what sort of exclusivity agreement there was, so when everyone keeps mentioning the magical 6 month number, it is as much a guess as it is "fact."

I can almost guarantee you that the changes they are making for the 928 would be outside of the exclusivity contract. From what I hear, new gpu, camera, screen, body material. Idk how att could get all that in the contract.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can almost guarantee you that the changes they are making for the 928 would be outside of the exclusivity contract. From what I hear, new gpu, camera, screen, body material. Idk how att could get all that in the contract.

Exactly. There's not a one of us who knows what the contract says, and for all we know, all it could take is a higher (or lower) resolution camera to make the difference. The exclusivity contract is something we shouldn't even be worrying ourselves over.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Nah I cant "enlighten" you but last time I checked this was a public forum on speculating about the Lumia 928 all in good fun. Funny thing about this thread is most of us dont have a clue about the specs, release date, looks, or any other concrete information about the Lumia 928 to begin with. But thats the beauty of a public forum about a rumored device

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. There's not a one of us who knows what the contract says, and for all we know, all it could take is a higher (or lower) resolution camera to make the difference. The exclusivity contract is something we shouldn't even be worrying ourselves over.

For all we know, adding the CDMA bands to the phone could be enough. Heck, it could just be a numbering thing. The 820 is an AT&T exclusive too. The 810 and 822 look a bit different and the 822 has CDMA, but the guts are the same.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For all we know, adding the CDMA bands to the phone could be enough. Heck, it could just be a numbering thing. The 820 is an AT&T exclusive too. The 810 and 822 look a bit different and the 822 has CDMA, but the guts are the same.

The 822 has some differences though it has 16GB instead of 8 and also has gorilla glass which the 820 doesn't have.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i have talked to 3 verizon online reps in the last few days, and they all knew what the 928 was.. just couldnt give any information
hopefully that means it coming soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786