Verge reports rumored specs for Lumia 928 to be launched April

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tom Warren reports that a source close to Nokia has released the following information to them.

The Lumia 928 has a squared look that's similar to the Lumia 720 and is said to feel a lot lighter than the Lumia 920. Other specifications, including CPU and RAM, will be identical to the Lumia 920.

Nokia will switch to aluminum for the 928, with a xenon and LED flash combination for the 8-megapixel PureView camera.

4.5-inch OLED display and support for simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE)

Source: Nokia Lumia 928 to launch on Verizon in April with aluminum body and xenon flash | The Verge

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I was hoping it will be completely similar to Lumia 920 but with Verizon. But it's not, Aluminum body & xenon flash? Incredible.
I am still using Lumia 900 and no plan of changing it. Waiting for totally new flagship device from Nokia :) Hopefully by end of this year, when MS announces what's after Windows Phone 8.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I only wish it was smaller. Smaller body, smaller screen.

Agreed, but in 2013 I'm resigned to needing a stupid large phone if I want the "high end" features.
Most notably, I want a camera that does well in low light (and want group text...) I'd love it in no larger than a 4" screen, but I guess I'm somewhat alone in that.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, but in 2013 I'm resigned to needing a stupid large phone if I want the "high end" features.
Most notably, I want a camera that does well in low light (and want group text...) I'd love it in no larger than a 4" screen, but I guess I'm somewhat alone in that.

3.8in is my dream! And yah, I feel like I'm in the exact same boat as you!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
3.8in is my dream! And yah, I feel like I'm in the exact same boat as you!

As much as I liked 4-inch screens and thought it was the perfect size, now that I have the HTC 8x, and got used to it , im loving 4.3 inches and don't want anything bigger though. I tried the Lumia 920 in my hands and holy **** is it hard to hold with one hand, where as HTC 8x, it feels just right. The only thing is reaching for a power button is a BIT annoying with one hand, but still not as bad as the 920 IMO

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Complete opposite for me. Picked up the 8x thinking "YESSS A BIGGER SCREEN!" but I started hating it. Much easier to hold then the 920, hopefully the 928 being thinner and lighter will be easier to hold.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Me, the eyes aren't what they used to be. I'm loving the 822, and I don't think the extra 0.2" will be big enough to turn me off. I think I'll like it just fine.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for an SD card. Does anyone know the max internal storage?

Don't trust The Verge on this one. I've heard the same as Honestabebread - 16GB and microSD. I think The Verge heard a little bit and assumed the rest of the specs would match the 920.

Have also heard like The Verge that it is an AMOLED, not a LCD, and will be an HD Super AMOLED with the same resolution as the 920. Slightly higher MP sensor (12) is what I've heard as well with the higher end GPU that is found on the China variant.

Verizon is pushing Windows Phone, though subtly to start out. Nokia and MS have been very happy with the 822's sales. And Verizon has played a significant role in moving some corporate contracts over. VZW loves WP8 and wants it to succeed.

You can also see that they've been working more with Nokia. They were not sure what to push at first, the 8X or the 822, but found people greatly preferred the Nokia. Their customer satisfaction surveys also indicated that people were more satisfied with the Nokia.

Do not be surprised if Verizon gets the Catwalk before the other carriers. They expect to be the leader in US WP sales before the summer is out and possibly before it begins - and they want to do that. They feel that Android's success was built on their Droid campaign and push. They are dedicated to doing the same for WP8 and making it the most popular phone platform on their network. It costs them less because of a greater commitment by the OEM and the OS maker. Android is expensive and they want more competition to push Apple to lower their iPhone costs. If they can shrink iOS usage down on their network, they believe they can get concession from Apple of stop sales on the phone entirely. They can't do that now, but they hope between WP8, Android, and a renewed Blackberry that they can drive iPhone to under 10% of usage on Verizon's network.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't true, the GPU part.
Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 920T

I guess the reports of it having the Adreno 305. From what I understand, this phone will have the faster Adreno GPU.

odin09, I have heard it is aluminum and unibody. It is based on the 720 in the design in regards to the microSD integration with the unibody design. The buzz is to look at the 720's design and think of it with colored aluminum. But there may be some jumbling on the statistics because they also are working on the Catwalk device too.

Verizon is really digging Nokia right now.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy for the folks on Verizon waiting for a Lumia 9xx. This phone is going to be a welcome breath of fresh air for those suffering with android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99