What will make you switch from Nokia?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anything bigger than 4 is just stupid to hold IMO

Weird thing to say in a thread about a 920, which both has a front size AND a screen size way over 4".

You mean 4" of front size, I assume, since screen size doesn't necessarily mean that much for the ability to hold a phone.
Id rather have a phone the size of for instance the iphone4, with a screen across most of the front than one with a smaller screen and the same front size.
Take the iphone5 or the 920 vs the sgs4 for instance. Huge difference in screen size, not as much in size, comparatively.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Better camera technology.

+1 to this. If Leica made the camera guts for a phone and it was a lot better, I'd be seriously tempted. Also, if Facebook or Google (?) had an agreement with one of the other mfrs to release an exclusive fully-functional first-party FB or G+ app that wasn't going to come to other WP devices anytime soon, that might be enough to sway me.

Right now, I love my 920, but more than that it's the only WP device that I like, and Nokia seems to be doing the best job of updating and pushing the ecosystem forward, so I wouldn't see any reason to jump ship to another mfr in the WP ecosystem.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What would take me away from my LG Quantum and bring me to Nokia would be a keyboard and an OS that is an upgrade to WP 7.8.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, it has been 2.5 years since the Quantum debuted, but you never know. The trend now is the slab, but trends come and go. Maybe the BB Q10 is a huge success and sparks renewed interest in being able to type without constantly hitting the backspace soft key. Although, I prefer landscape sliders, so yeah maybe I'm SOL. It's OK for now as WP8 seems like an upgrade/downgrade hybrid which I intend to skip, so I will hang on to this Quantum at least until GDR2.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Except the n900 still is a fit to your criteria, depending on your weightpoints on the OS part.
And several other phones, like Nokias E-range with Belle.

That being said you can easily type tons without using a soft backspace key on at least Android.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, it has been 2.5 years since the Quantum debuted, but you never know. The trend now is the slab, but trends come and go. Maybe the BB Q10 is a huge success and sparks renewed interest in being able to type without constantly hitting the backspace soft key. Although, I prefer landscape sliders, so yeah maybe I'm SOL. It's OK for now as WP8 seems like an upgrade/downgrade hybrid which I intend to skip, so I will hang on to this Quantum at least until GDR2.

I like vertical sliders like the dvp, but if the surface phone had a clip on for either type, that would be awesome.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never been on the Nokia ship, or any other ship. Brand loyalty is stupid, as are people who believe in it. I've owned older Nokia candybar phones and N series phones. I wasn't wowwed by them. I've had phones from every manufacturer. Get whatever is good. Companies change and products change. The hamsters making and designing these phones come and go. Companies do not have "souls" or any allegiance to anyone or any principle except for their investors and quarterly reports. I only care about Nokia again because of the Pureview camera. Once they abandon that or screw it up, or someone else like Sony or Panasonic or whoever decides to make a competing product, I'll weigh the choices and change accordingly. People seem to forget that only a little over a year ago, Nokia was an incorrigible dinosaur stuck on Symbian and making subpar smartphones, having ignored the cries of their fans and the hand of the market, as iPhones and Galaxy phones had been eating away at them voraciously for years and yet they didn't do anything about it. Yes, it's the same Nokia as today. Same name anyway. It's just another company after all.

^^this

Side note - it bothers me a lot that you don't have a katamari profile pic. You should remedy that :)

nahhhhh, nah NAH nah nah nah nah nah....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo