Nokia Catwalk or Samsung Ativ

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Normally, I don't ask for opinions on a device for me, because what's great for me may not be for someone else. :) but, in this case I really like both phones and would love to see what you guys think. One of the reasons why I opted against purchasing the Lumia 920, is because it was so thick to me. I just prefer a thinner phone. I was all set to either order the Ativ S or the Lumia 928 when the story of the Catwalk reminded me about what I originally wanted to purchase. I had completely forgotten about it! LOL! So, here's the dilemma...I really wanted a WP device with a larger screen and thinner body, which is why I wanted the Ativ S. However, the Catwalk is rumored to have a thinner body with 4.5 in display. The second dilemma is that I haven't owned a Nokia device in decades, and I am a little concerned with the issues that have been floating around lately. I know they are a great company that will fix bugs and support customers in an awesome and quick way...but I'd rather not have those issues to begin with. I don't want dust and proximity sensor issues, or "Other" storage issues, or connectivity issues. I'm afraid that I may need to have the repair center on speed dial! Though I know each phone/company has their issues, I want to have an ease of mind when purchasing my next device...so what do you think?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
if you want support and exclusive apps ands have very nice phones go for Nokia. if you want a larger phone and your not really into Exclusive apps and want a more professional look then Samsung

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
What do you think about all of the glitches that have been plaguing Nokia devices lately...do you think it will be resolved before they release the upcoming devices?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Normally, I don't ask for opinions on a device for me, because what's great for me may not be for someone else. :) but, in this case I really like both phones and would love to see what you guys think. One of the reasons why I opted against purchasing the Lumia 920, is because it was so thick to me. I just prefer a thinner phone. I was all set to either order the Ativ S or the Lumia 928 when the story of the Catwalk reminded me about what I originally wanted to purchase. I had completely forgotten about it! LOL! So, here's the dilemma...I really wanted a WP device with a larger screen and thinner body, which is why I wanted the Ativ S. However, the Catwalk is rumored to have a thinner body with 4.5 in display. The second dilemma is that I haven't owned a Nokia device in decades, and I am a little concerned with the issues that have been floating around lately. I know they are a great company that will fix bugs and support customers in an awesome and quick way...but I'd rather not have those issues to begin with. I don't want dust and proximity sensor issues, or "Other" storage issues, or connectivity issues. I'm afraid that I may need to have the repair center on speed dial! Though I know each phone/company has their issues, I want to have an ease of mind when purchasing my next device...so what do you think?

Though remember also that especially the software issues have mostly been about MS and we are also talking about Lumias that form slightly over 80% of WP sales. If it's one brand you will hear about WP problems, it's Lumias. The "other" storage problem is example on all WP8 devices and while MS should have delivered fix, Nokia actually did provide automatic erasing of other storage on its own update. Nokia reacting and providing more support than MS in many cases is really the reason i can't see myself going for other brand on WP.
Though, not to say Nokia hasn't had its own probs (like the dust complaints).

Of course it's hard to as of now say what hardware you should go for as no catwalk pictures or anything solid has been leaked yet.

Last edited:

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If the rumors are true, then the catwalk is going to be a much better option. Nokia hardware, but nog as heavy and thick as the 920, plus you get extra Nokia software like off-line navigation and music.

But the Ativ S has been available for a few months, while the Catwalk is just a rumor and if it is true, you have to wait till June to get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss