Lumia 925

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Engadget mobile mentioned the 925 in their mobile podcast a week or two back.... as i previously mentioned in the catwalk thread:)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
gsmarena_001.jpg

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It appears that the 928 and 925 are essentially the 920 with minor differences

The 920 is maxing out the platform .. can't expect any major hardware differences until Microsoft allows for such changes to be made. It makes sense for them to made more than one variant out of it.. maximizing their R&D investment into the initial internal design.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The 920 is maxing out the platform .. can't expect any major hardware differences until Microsoft allows for such changes to be made. It makes sense for them to made more than one variant out of it.. maximizing their R&D investment into the initial internal design.

Why is Nokia competing against itself in the WP8 market?

tmccaghren

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else notice the article the OP referenced also said both phones are expected to have 16 GB storage?

That asked, who puts 16GB in the flagship phone that is supposed to be based on a 32 GB model? Not sure I can fully believe the article, since it put out that information; many other sources say to expect 32 GB with no microsd expansion...

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Why is Nokia competing against itself in the WP8 market?

They aren't really competing against themselves. The 920 is AT&T and global, the 928 is VZW and who knows and the 925 is rumored to be T-Mobile. It's just like the 820, 822, 810 setup. They are just covering as many US carriers as possible while making them happy by changing the name and design a little.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
they are not competing. there is just a variety of Pure view phones.. If you want thickbut hifi stuff like pure motion hd etc.. you know which oen to get.. If you want slim pureview phone, then catwalk.

At this point that is all that can be done.. BTW that is want Samsung is also doing right?.. look at Galaxy models..

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If there were covering as many carriers, why none of their devices are not on USCC, Sprint, and most regionals (especially on the CDMA side)??? Before blaming the carriers, take a look of Nokia's relationship with those US carriers a decade ago when they gave CDMA carriers the two middle finger salute.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If there were covering as many carriers, why none of their devices are not on USCC, Sprint, and most regionals (especially on the CDMA side)??? Before blaming the carriers, take a look of Nokia's relationship with those US carriers a decade ago when they gave CDMA carriers the two middle finger salute.

There's a bit more behind it.
They gave middle finger to all CDMA carriers when they were controlling over 60% of the smartphone and phone market, but it came to Nokia owning over 60% of GSM patents and being the father of GSM, similar to LTE now for Nokia. Thinking their engineering side with NSN and Nokia there's no way they ever have something out first as a CDMA device or fully commit to it.

Nokia was also in a years long legal battle with Qualcomm that's one of the main CDMA patent holders. That made Nokia care even less about CDMA back in 2005-2010

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Their is a New Lens
Nokia Smart Cam...

Looks good,reminds me off n8,
I guess the New Lumia's ( 928 925 ) may come with GDR2.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I see the body has gaps in the sides which are there for the antenna to get better reception - usually found on phones with aluminum unibody construction.

Whatever it is it does look like that will be my next phone.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
time to combine all these Catwalk and Lumia 925 threads into one ..
no sign of the back, again :)
and...that grey looks nice if a little somber.
and of course, the USB is on the bottom...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99