Will there be any new Canadian devices this year?

flower_petals

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an Windows 7 optimus7 still and have been debating on when to upgrade. The 920 is only with rogers (I'm with telus and would like to stay). But I also see that we recently received the 520 but will that be it? I feel like I'm too late for the 920 or samsung ativ s and something new will be around the corner. this always happens to me with tech because i always wait too long and then the next newest thing comes out. lol

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I would think the odds are there to see another WP device that will be available in Canada without having to go to one of the online retailers such as Negri or Expansys.
Perhaps the Lumia 925 in the next couple months?
If not, then i would think that the next batch of WP 8.x phones that should be launched with the GDR3 released of WP8, will be around before the holidays.
I cant imagine that Canada will not in some shape see some more devices this year.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As a Swede I have little to no idea about Canadian market, but checking out their page it seems like they have very poor selection of Windows Phones. No doubt there will be new set of flagships before end of this year. Just have no idea will Telus carry any of those.

I got a say I would hate to have this kind of market here, were carriers select what phones you can buy and what you can't. Here they all have every phone there is and you just select the carrier depending on data and phone prices.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that the 925 will be made available to everyone in Canada as an apology for the horrible Roger's exclusivity. I've been waiting so long to give Nokia my money for a 920, and they just won't give me a chance to give it to them. Say "No" to exclusivity agreements.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I talked to an employee at a Rogers in Toronto whom I've spoken to in the past about Windows Phone and asked if there were any hints of the 925 or 928 coming to Canada. He said he's been keeping an ear open for any news on them but not even a murmur yet about either of them.

He also mentioned that Canadian carriers are doing their best to help Blackberry and have really pushed WP further off to the side in the process.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.. I got the 920 in October last year and my wife is due for an upgrade from her Focus (I got her a Lumia 520 to use for now).

She wants the 920 since i've been able to take some amazing photos with it.. but I'd rather her get the 928/925/EOS than the 920.. We're with Rogers so we have 4 color options of 920s, but I feel we're so close to some news of a new device I don't want to jump the gun and regret it..

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.. I got the 920 in October last year and my wife is due for an upgrade from her Focus (I got her a Lumia 520 to use for now).

She wants the 920 since i've been able to take some amazing photos with it.. but I'd rather her get the 928/925/EOS than the 920.. We're with Rogers so we have 4 color options of 920s, but I feel we're so close to some news of a new device I don't want to jump the gun and regret it..

I would expect the EOS to come to Rogers. Weird than on the Windows Phone Canada website they don't list the Nokia WP8 phones. It would nice to here about some new devices coming.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I was passing by Toronto on the 401 this evening, so I decided to go to the Microsoft store at Yorkdale Mall and finally check it out. The Microsoft store is great.

The representative whom I spoke with knew of the 925 and 928, and said that she doesn't think that the 925 is coming to Canada, and that it doesn't look like any of the Canadian carriers want to pick it up. *shakes fist at horrible Canadian carriers.

On a plus note, I was able to try the 520 in person. In real life, the screen on the 520 actually looks really good, and the 520 is a perfect fit in the hand. Very impressed. Even though I really want the camera on the 920 / 925, I may settle for picking up the 520 and unlock it for use on Bell. For talk / text / email, the 520 cannot be beat, what a tremendous value.

Side note: The wireless charging stand is $70 at the MS store - I was expecting it to be like $40 :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99