Nokia teases the upcoming Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The idea that Nokia would link its tablet and phablet to "My Little Pony" is mad.
The idea that adult males are watching "My Little Pony" is insane.

If some adults are up to watch the show, go for it. Don't care about that.
Though linking a 6-inch phablet that costs 600-700 euros to that show is all kinds of crazy.

Before Verge or Engadget receives any kind of invite this is at most giving laughs for the OP in hope that some blog would actually report this.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all of WPCentral users,

So I receive a e-mail from Nokia and came up with this:

FUV1EEP.jpg

So this image contains the quote "The eyes are awfully googly." and it's Scheduled for September 26, 27 and It will take place the America, And there's a googly face. And another face too.

I'm getting highlights for the upcoming Nokia Press Conference:

1. The Nokia Windows Google Phone 8X, which will run Windows Phone powered by Google
2. The Steve Ballmer 2.0, who has gone from goofy CEO to nightmare material

Why the Windows Google Phone is now part of Nokia line? it's because of Nokia Video Upload.

3. (For the ballmer fans.) It will unveil the Ballmer 2.0 Exclusive Trailer showing Revenge of the Armpits.
4. Your favorite apps such as Orkut, Google Buzz and Kandy Crunch Sega will coming to Windows Phone.
5. Nokia Windows Google Phone 8X will promote Revenge of the Armpits.

So that's all I will say.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have no problem calling "shenanigens" on something you do not believe, but this is easy enough to prove or disprove. I Bing the event, and so far all the results are from tech sites: BGR (ugh, horrid site), CNET, Gearburn (new one to me, will check them out), so on, so forth. However, nothing concrete. But, enough results I will slide this into the "why not true" column until September the first. Seeings as that is only a week away, Nokia would HAVE to have things set in stone by then to get invites out and get Tech sites to really turn up the PR machine for them. After all, if you are doing an event, you want it to be an EVENT!!! So if we have not heard by then, I will move it over a column every other day until it reaches the "forget this, not worth grey matter" column.

My Little pony???? That is in my "Please, do NOT let it be true" column. WP gets enough grief......

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all of WPCentral users,

So I receive a e-mail from Nokia and came up with this:

View attachment 41245

So this image contains the quote "The eyes are awfully googly." and it's Scheduled for September 26, 27 and It will take place the America, And there's a googly face. And another face too.

I'm getting highlights for the upcoming Nokia Press Conference:

1. The Nokia Windows Google Phone 8X, which will run Windows Phone powered by Google
2. The Steve Ballmer 2.0, who has gone from goofy CEO to nightmare material

Why the Windows Google Phone is now part of Nokia line? it's because of Nokia Video Upload.

3. (For the ballmer fans.) It will unveil the Ballmer 2.0 Exclusive Trailer showing Revenge of the Armpits.
4. Your favorite apps such as Orkut, Google Buzz and Kandy Crunch Sega will coming to Windows Phone.
5. Nokia Windows Google Phone 8X will promote Revenge of the Armpits.

So that's all I will say.

*unable to type, snowmutt hobbles to change pants after peeing himself laughing.....*

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, until we know it's true or not, we can't say OP is telling a lie. What if tomorrow, wpcentral will show an article with the same information like this? I mean, anything can happend on the internet. So, why don't we sit back and wait for it. About the rumors, i heard from lot of sources that nokia will hold an event on Sept

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So he crops out the message due to sender conditentality. Then decides to crop out the sender and post a pic and also posts it with his email. Yet still won't post the whole message uncropped, say wat?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I Bing the event, and so far all the results are from tech sites: BGR (ugh, horrid site), CNET, Gearburn (new one to me, will check them out), so on, so forth. However, nothing concrete. But, enough results I will slide this into the "why not true" column until September the first.

There's indeed a 2-day event scheduled for the end of September. That's happening.

It's the reference to "My Little Pony" that is bizarre.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I would not even say that's a bad photoshop... Much more like a crude MS paint image. Odd that a corporate invitation would not include a specific place. And there's something about "the night will last forever" that is really off for me to believe it's from Nokia

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, until we know it's true or not, we can't say OP is telling a lie. What if tomorrow, wpcentral will show an article with the same information like this? I mean, anything can happend on the internet. So, why don't we sit back and wait for it. About the rumors, i heard from lot of sources that nokia will hold an event on Sept

We know it's a lie.

He was caught and then started being blatantly obvious and ridiculous in a "ok. You got me." moment. Hence, all the My Little Pony talk.

And people still think it might be true?

At least he's getting some mighty entertainment from this. And I'm feeling a little embarrassed for those that are still giving the OP the benefit of the doubt even after he basically admitted it was a sham.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There's indeed a 2-day event scheduled for the end of September. That's happening.

It's the reference to "My Little Pony" that is bizarre.

It's not bizarre.

It was an admission of guilt done with some humor.

I'm 100% sure that the OP didn't expect anyone to still believe him after the My Little Pony reference. It's ridiculous.

But since some people did, he kept riding it. He'll soon take screen shots of every page and post them places because this is truly a sight to behold.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Alert! This thread is no longer about a Nokia Tablet and Phablet joke.

Its now a messed up thread where the starter mentions My Little Pony, and has very good PhotoShop skills...

In the upcoming and rumored devices thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo