Now that Microsoft has bought Nokia's devices...

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will we see a total change in the way that Microsoft moves forward with the Lumia range and the tablet? Do you guys think they might just scrap the bandit and the tablet since a nokia tablet would directly conflict with sales of the surface? Maybe another burning platform email from Elop. Where do you think Microsoft will take Nokia now?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm maybe the tablet. Because of the surface. But I don't see them scrapping the phone or phones that have been in the works already. The nokia phones don't have conflict with any current Microsoft products.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I dont think the bandit would be scrapped. Acquisitions like this takes place after a long term talks and not a sudden Ta Da Moment. So if Nokia developed Bandit it would probably have been in talks with MS long before. Like Google develops Nexus and supports Moto X , Microsoft too would keep surface brand alive along with nokia because this gives the consumer a lot of choice. However it needs to be seen how they manage the differentiation - that would be interesting. Probably they might keep Nokia in RT and Surface in Windows Pro

Ah this is interesting !!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
They can have both Surface 2 and Nokia Sirius on the market... they are both going to be Microsoft's revenue.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Being that I'm not the right demographic for the Bandit, I don't really care for it. However that red tablet looked really cool and I was probably gonna buy one if prices and specs aligned. However seeing that it will become a direct competitor with the Surface RT (which isn't selling like hotcakes) I doubt Microsoft wants to introduce another RT tablet to interfere with with the Surface RT.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The names "Nokia" and/or "Lumia" are probably more valuable than "Surface" or "Windows Phone" right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett