Rumour: Lumia 1520 variant with Aluminium body and 5-inch display coming in December.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
NPU has received a tip claiming that Lumia 1520 variant with Lumia 925 like Aluminum body is coming in December. The display size is claimed to be 5 inch, which will make it Lumia 929 variant for global market. The device is said to have similar styling as the Nokia Lumia 925, including the metal chassis, and will be powered by a Snapdragon 800 processor. The rumour is still far from verified so take it with a pinch of salt. If true this would answer the prayers of many Windows Phone users who want a powerful handset, but still wish to use their phone single-handed.

Source: Lumia1520 with Aluminium body and 5-inch display tipped coming in December.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Problem is, this is NokiaPowerUser. Don't fall into that click trap.
They have been doing that ****e for about a year now, with their "sources".

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I certainly hope a version of the 929 is made available globally and for AT&T. To me this phone being widely available is more important than the 1520 since it's size is more normal.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about that. I don't really follow them. Always take rumors with a pinch of salt unless it evleaks or WZOR.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe this will be the lumia 1820 or the "spinel" that has been rumored. I also think this will be the phone that using a 16 element camera, basically the pelican camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I don't know if that is the actual rumored 1820, even if it really is from somewhere Nokia. There are multiple prototype lines going quite near the launch.
That said I'm certainly looking forward to this rumored metallic camera flagship. I'm still not too sure about do I want that lytro type Pelican camera over next version of their current cameras, but as a gadget nerd I'm certainly interested to see how the final product will perform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss